• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
See, the only problem with this setup is that you can't replace with gen dial or hands because that requires a VR3185 conversion, which runs close to $2000 when considering datewheel, gen parts required and labour.

A trick for the dial would be to replace/shave the sharp indices (about $200)

A trick for the hands would be to shave them ($80)

These are based on my own experiences and views. I'm personally still anxious about going balls deep into franken by doing the VR conversion with gen hands and dial with my 116710LN because it's very costly. And the point of a rep is lost. With a clone, if someone robs you, or if it is damaged, the loss is not great. But with a $3000+ franken, that's a whole other story.

Interesting, right?

Personally if I could, I would replace the dial with gen indices and have the hands shaved to gen spec as a budget option. To get CHS and the perfect visual, without the mythical ARF clone, we're stuck with the $2000+ VR conversion

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
If it only worked that way. I've directed many many many many people to my dealer and would be lucky to get so much as a "thanks'.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If I was a dealer and you directed more than 5 people towards me, I'd just give you a free watch under $500! Seems a great business incentive

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
See, the only problem with this setup is that you can't replace with gen dial or hands because that requires a VR3185 conversion, which runs close to $2000 when considering datewheel, gen parts required and labour.

A trick for the dial would be to replace/shave the sharp indices (about $200)

A trick for the hands would be to shave them ($80)

These are based on my own experiences and views. I'm personally still anxious about going balls deep into franken by doing the VR conversion with gen hands and dial with my 116710LN because it's very costly. And the point of a rep is lost. With a clone, if someone robs you, or if it is damaged, the loss is not great. But with a $3000+ franken, that's a whole other story.

Interesting, right?

Personally if I could, I would replace the dial with gen indices and have the hands shaved to gen spec as a budget option. To get CHS and the perfect visual, without the mythical ARF clone, we're stuck with the $2000+ VR conversion

Trust me dude it's worth it if you can't justify paying 1.5k - 2k for VR3185 then get the gen movement. I'm done with ARF only thing they need to do is create 6 parts necessary for the GMT function other parts required for DW issue that SH3135 faces.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I can't see doing anything at all to Franken this rep. As long as you have the rep insert, someone who knows will spot it as a fake pretty quickly. It would be the first thing I would look at when seeing one of these IRL. If anyone can't spot the insert as a fake, they're not going to pick up on the dial markers, the hands, the crystal, or anything else. That's not to say the insert is bad, I think it is really good. But it is to say that the watch is good enough as is to wear it with confidence. I would put a Clark's AR crystal on it. Those are quite good for the money, way better than my 5 digit gen crystal. Clark recently introduced these, the AR is between the cyclops and the crystal so it's only 1xAR but the distinct advantage to that is the AR is not exposed to scratching from inside or out. AR scratches quite easily and can end up looking worse than no AR at all.

grandphuba

8/4/18
I can't see doing anything at all to Franken this rep. As long as you have the rep insert, someone who knows will spot it as a fake pretty quickly. It would be the first thing I would look at when seeing one of these IRL. If anyone can't spot the insert as a fake, they're not going to pick up on the dial markers, the hands, the crystal, or anything else. That's not to say the insert is bad, I think it is really good. But it is to say that the watch is good enough as is to wear it with confidence. I would put a Clark's AR crystal on it. Those are quite good for the money, way better than my 5 digit gen crystal. Clark recently introduced these, the AR is between the cyclops and the crystal so it's only 1xAR but the distinct advantage to that is the AR is not exposed to scratching from inside or out. AR scratches quite easily and can end up looking worse than no AR at all.

​​​​​​That assumes one wants to franken this to make it more gen like. I on the other hand would want to franken this so it is more reliable yet not spending 4-5 times more for a gen.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Glad I can help chaps. It’s my new favorite. Thanks for looking.

d89cc0c9fc441227375ec5df9e0e4c08.jpg
077b695c67cf29b41da34fc884e4a67d.jpg

How do peeps feel about the crystal height and the rehaut engravement on the Noob?
People always mention the crystal height on the GMF BLNR. It seems about the same on mine.

20191002_1530071183772b72c279eb.jpg

20191002_152956ffdc9d8423e5a39a.jpg

Last edited:

pickler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/19
Insert colour/tone is not much different from previous replicas such as GMF

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
At $35, the Clark AR crystal is not as good as a newer AR gen crystal. It has 1xAR, which gives it a slight black hole quality at many angles. It is decidedly better than my gen 5-digit no AR crystal, and I briefly flirted with the notion of putting one on my gen. It would be an improvement, no doubt in my mind. In the end I decided against it, as that just isn't smart. The Clark AR will not be as good as any of Prof's crystals in pristine condition. But as I indicated earlier, AR scratches quite easily leading to the very clarity you are paying for becoming blemished and/or obscured. Rolex does not put AR on the outside of a crystal, I'm sure for this reason. It's too vulnerable to damage. I've seen dozens of AR coated crystals suffering from scratches and scrapes, some from sources as innocuous at a shirt sleeve, or a cleaning cloth.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
How do peeps feel about the crystal height and the rehaut engravement on the Noob?
People always mention the crystal height on the GMF BLNR. It seems about the same on mine.

20191002_1530071183772b72c279eb.jpg

20191002_152956ffdc9d8423e5a39a.jpg

One reason the crystal sits higher on the GMF is they are still using 2.0mm thickness crystals instead of 1.8mm.

The Noob rehaut engraving is the best there is in the rep game, IMO.

MKTimer

Known Member
10/12/17
One reason the crystal sits higher on the GMF is they are still using 2.0mm thickness crystals instead of 1.8mm.

The Noob rehaut engraving is the best there is in the rep game, IMO.

Agree on the nOOb rehaut engraving.

Why is every one mentioning the reliability of this A 3285 chs movement? I’ve searched but can’t dig anything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
​​​​​​That assumes one wants to franken this to make it more gen like. I on the other hand would want to franken this so it is more reliable yet not spending 4-5 times more for a gen.

If you are just worried about the movement reliability, you could just use it til it breaks, then switch it to an ICHS movement/hands. $60 for DG3804, $125 for 2836 ICHS. That makes a lot more sense to me than spending $1500 on a Yuki mod 3186 or $3K on a gen 3186 for an otherwise stock rep. But we all have our preferences and pocket sizes to meet them, sometimes. I've spent way too much in directions I wouldn't go again.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...swap-your-chs-movement-to-ichs-is-it-possible

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

grandphuba

8/4/18
If you are just worried about the movement reliability, you could just use it til it breaks, then switch it to an ICHS movement/hands. $60 for DG3804, $125 for 2836 ICHS. That makes a lot more sense to me than spending $1500 on a Yuki mod 3186 or $3K on a gen 3186 for an otherwise stock rep. But we all have our preferences and pocket sizes to meet them, sometimes. I've spent way too much in directions I wouldn't go again.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...swap-your-chs-movement-to-ichs-is-it-possible

That was a nice post KJ2020, you might have changed my mind

Reactions: KJ2020

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Gentlemen, thank you !

This thread is becoming "THE" GMTs II thread. I'm learning so much reading it : technical points, debates, financial aspects, solutions and pictures, goldmine for any GMT lover (and there are many!).

Keep it up!

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited: