• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Factory Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen

started

Supporter
Certified
11/3/13
BP clasps are OK regarding security. 5 digits clasps can be adjusted more so than 6 digit ones. They are thinner metal so are more bendable to make them close tighter, or make the fliplock more snug.

BP 5 digit bracelets are also known for having some sharp edges. I've spent up to an hour on every one I've had smoothing sharp corners and edges. Just the price we have to pay.

Thanks so much for this info! Just reached out to Sead for a coke as well.

Reactions: KJ2020

nasar73

26/8/18
I just got these from Trustytime, link to the watch.
Looks pretty decent to me. And there is no engraving.

​​​​​​https://eur04.safelinks.protection....kV0To6wGyV+QqV3qlEum5InXp4trkRRcg=&reserved=0

So guys... I wanted this Coke so badly... and now that I have had it for a month, and only worn it a few times. I've decided it's not for me.... I find it a tad small, the size reminds me more of a Datejust 36. So I've decided to let it go. Will be putting up the advert up later today.

I know there are some die hard fans of the Coke in this forum, that's why I'm letting you guys know that there will be one up for sale.
Not sure if this is allowed in the rules....

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
Does anybody know or can try if a ginault bracelet fits on a BP 16710 ?

I will go for another one (a Pepsi this time) but I can’t stand that bracelet specially the clasp

Nithux88

Horology Curious
16/11/18
Amazing comparison. On the first pictures it looked like the date was better alligned on the rep lol

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
does anyone know where to buy a slim caseback for this bp gmt? I think the thickness (+1.2 mm) is the most evident flaw of this rep

Reactions: Flaskevin

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Certified
24/2/19
does anyone know where to buy a slim caseback for this bp gmt? I think the thickness (+1.2 mm) is the most evident flaw of this rep

I remember a sales thread of a 16710 with a thinner caseback from a DHgate listed a few weeks ago. Maybe you can ask the seller or he is around here-

I’m sorry I’m on tapa and cannot search the thread

Reactions: Sdc83

Sdc83

Renowned Member
20/1/13
I remember a sales thread of a 16710 with a thinner caseback from a DHgate listed a few weeks ago. Maybe you can ask the seller or he is around here-

I’m sorry I’m on tapa and cannot search the thread

thank you. unfortunately I'm also in tapa

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Hi everyone,
and Hi KJ! Always appreciate your contribution towards the 5 digit ideas!

Can anyone give me some ideas?
Im looking for a coke insert for my gen 16700.

my question is:
1. Does anyone have a gen coke insert for sale?
2. Is it better to buy an after market considering the ridiculous the price of Gen insert can be?
3. if it is after market insert, which one do you recommend?

cheers

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
1st question, does the actual batch of BP is better than the old noob or the old noob is still superior?

It seems i can't find a single noob via the search engine or my keyword are wrong.

2nd question, what's the difference between 2836 and the cheapy 23j version at 128usd (both ICHS, apart the movement if someone can enlight me).

3rd question, i've checked on c24 and seen there's Coke without hole in lugs and dial printing who was looking just like the BP, maybe BP used a newer 16710 than the one used by KJ in his review (be friendly with me I'm a noob with rollies lol)

https://www.chrono24.fr/rolex/rolex-gmt-master-ii-stick-dial-coke-serviced-by-rolex--id15724669.htm

2007/2008 model, no hole, printing less "stretched"?

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
1st question, does the actual batch of BP is better than the old noob or the old noob is still superior?

It seems i can't find a single noob via the search engine or my keyword are wrong.

2nd question, what's the difference between 2836 and the cheapy 23j version at 128usd (both ICHS, apart the movement if someone can enlight me).

3rd question, i've checked on c24 and seen there's Coke without hole in lugs and dial printing who was looking just like the BP, maybe BP used a newer 16710 than the one used by KJ in his review (be friendly with me I'm a noob with rollies lol)

https://www.chrono24.fr/rolex/rolex-gmt-master-ii-stick-dial-coke-serviced-by-rolex--id15724669.htm

2007/2008 model, no hole, printing less "stretched"?

1. Old Noobs were good, some elements about them I did not like as well as the current batch of BPs. They haven't been made for years so the chances of finding one are extremely slim. I think I've seen only one in M2M in two years. The thing that makes them sought after is the case was gen-spec so it could take a gen crystal and bezel, unlike the BP without some mods.

2. There should be no difference between the DG and ETA versions other than the movement. Though there is a DG CHS version also.

GMT Movements Explained

3. Stick dials are rare and were used in later gen versions. I mentioned in the review how all of the rep elements were used in gen but not all at the same time so the version I reviewed had a number of period accuracy discrepancies.

New one in today just because, haha.

15950077279593.jpg

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Thanks KJ, top notch replies as usual, all my questions have been responded and now everything is bright :D

Reactions: KJ2020