• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New EXPLORER I 214270 39MM BP

ohmy

AAAAA+++++
Certified
23/1/19
Germany
Here it is... BP, ARF Bracelet
9d9dbc2fa6962343f0c9ced8631c6c5b.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: LaPavel and tmp2018

AussieWatcher

Known Member
28/6/19
Down Under
Hey all,

What is the general consensus for the GMF 904L explorer? Have read a lot about the ARF vs BP but not much on the GMF! Dial looks decent at first glance but i'm a fair noob haha. Is the SA3132 a decent movement?

Wanting to pull the trigger asap and trying to do my research! TIA

Rolexlover123

Horology Curious
17/9/19
Hello guys!
I pulled the trigger on the 214270 39mm BP 904l a2824 I got these QC. Is it dirt on the number 3 lume? I got to ask because it looks like it. My TD say it might be dirt on xtal but I see it from 2 angles same spot.
8uR2ToO
http://imgur.com/gallery/8uR2ToO

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
sorry to bother you guys: I would like to buy only the BP dial but need an info.

Where to get it and it exist for 3132 movement?

Thanks!

SlackCity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/19
I just ordered a BP Explorer from Intime. Happy to post some pics upon arrival. Since I can't find or try on a gen I figured I'll start with the rep and make sure I love it!

Reactions: Thrasher

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Does anyone know how much the ARF bracelet is and if it fits on BP case without modifications?

BP look great except the clasp / engravings and rehaut but it's much cheaper than ARF + reliable 2824 movement

Thanks for any input :)

grilledcheesesandwich

2/12/18
Does anyone know how much the ARF bracelet is and if it fits on BP case without modifications?

BP look great except the clasp / engravings and rehaut but it's much cheaper than ARF + reliable 2824 movement

Thanks for any input :)

About $120 from any TD. Mine should be arriving any day now. Ill write a follow up post when I have it in hand.

Reactions: iamxd

grilledcheesesandwich

2/12/18
Great would love to see some pics :)

I'm probably opting for BP + the ARF bracelet, price is same as getting ARF

Right so no pics at the moment, but just some initial thoughts.

Bracelet:
Both bracelets are identical in weight. 62 grams each when adjusted to my 6.5" wrist.

Individual links feel flatter and marginally thinner on the ARF. BP links feel slightly more rounded in hand. Edges are much sharper on the ARF. Screws are much easier to remove on the ARF - no gouged heads unlike the BP which is unavoidable.

Endlinks are marginally wider on the BP to the point where it is difficult to take off the BP bracelet.

Slightly less lateral play in the ARF bracelet.

Clasp:
Slight gap between the fold over clasp (with the crown) and the main part of the clasp on the ARF. This appears to be closer to gen unlike the BP which is flush and gapless.

The ARF is much more secure feeling when closing the clasp. You and feel and hear the clunk of the bracelet closing, unlike the BP which is tinny and does not inspire as much confidence in its ability to remain closed.

The ARF fold out extension requires more effort to snap out and into place. I find this is the biggest difference in between the ARF and the BP. When out, there is a fair amount of lateral play which really makes the BP feel cheap. When snapped back in, this isn't an issue.

In conclusion, I was expecting there to be a huge difference with all the talk of how solid feeling bracelets from ARF. I was hoping the bracelet would feel heavier and more substantial to make the watch feel more genlike. I wouldnt say this is the case.

Yes there are some notable differences but all in all they are very very similar. Unless you routinely use the bracelet extension, I wouldn't consider the ARF bracelet as a necessary upgrade. That being said, I do appreciate the more solid feeling clasp. If you can pick that up separately, that'd probably be the way to go.

I'll compare again after a mineral oil bath to see if there's a bigger change in feel.

Rolexlover123

Horology Curious
17/9/19
Ohhh wow that is a nice comparision. Thanks for your effort. Is there anything one can do to make this rep more genlike?
have any1 compared side by side with a gen? Would be nice to get some pics.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Awesome thanks for the input!

How is the clasp engravings, I heard BP isn't that good.

So I guess BP is worth it spending 120 USD less and if bracelet sucks too bad or is beaten just get the ARF :)

grilledcheesesandwich

2/12/18
Awesome thanks for the input!

How is the clasp engravings, I heard BP isn't that good.

So I guess BP is worth it spending 120 USD less and if bracelet sucks too bad or is beaten just get the ARF :)

Clasp engravings are essentially identical. The ARF is a bit duller in comparison. The crown shapes are a bit different - not sure which is gen like.

Unless you really really hate the opening/closing action of the clasp, I'd say the BP is perfectly fine.

Also after having the ARF bracelet on the BP head I can see the BP endlinks are slightly better. One of the SELs are almost flush with the ARF while the BP had consistent gaps all around.

Not saying the ARF is bad here, just not a necessary upgrade.

Faj

10/3/19
It’s true what you say with the endlinks, have them both, but I like the form of the case ARF

BP not bad, but somewhat flat.

Like the dial of the BP better.

Bracelet ARF has a plus, but I could live with both.

:)

Would be greedy for a new Ex Rep ...
how likely would that be?

Last edited: