• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Do you mind sharing those pics (again)? I believe you already have but this thread is like 460 pages. Do you know how he did it? I believe in science, not magic:handbagsatdawn:

Well I believe in magic, until science comes along and explains it :p but that's just my quasi philosophical nerdiness.

as to how it happens, idk. But I imagine it has something to do with adjusting the distance between the date wheel and cyclops somehow. Plus something to do with the actual crystal itself.

Or maybe I got lucky? Really don't know.

Reactions: Akilles

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Well I believe in magic, until science comes along and explains it :p but that's just my quasi philosophical nerdiness.

as to how it happens, idk. But I imagine it has something to do with adjusting the distance between the date wheel and cyclops somehow. Plus something to do with the actual crystal itself.

Or maybe I got lucky? Really don't know.

Yes, it appears he have deceased the distance between DW and cyclops. Maybe he sanded the down side edge of the crystal to get it closer. Or maybe magic of course:) Nice results anyway!

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Yes, it appears he have deceased the distance between DW and cyclops. Maybe he sanded the down side edge of the crystal to get it closer. Or maybe magic of course:) Nice results anyway!

Could be! I was thinking it could be a smaller gasket or something of that nature. I'm pretty sure Prof himself does something like that too. $168 for the crystal, $50 installation. Pretty good fix, and simple for those of us in CONUS. With BK, you get a great value too... only $160 for the gen ETA, $60 for his mods. What a value IMO if the DW can be corrected most of the way like mine were.

boennsch

Horology Curious
18/5/20
Thanks for nothing. There are so many different choices on the Internet, it's difficult to understand as a beginner.

Reactions: Tete

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Thanks for nothing. There are so many different choices on the Internet, it's difficult to understand as a beginner.

I feel your pain, man. If only there was a place on the Internet - like a forum or something - where things like this are being discussed and you could find a lot of info about replica watches. Or even better: where someone could tell you who makes the best sub... ;)

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Hello, where can I buy the best crystal and dw for DJ 41 V ARF V3? Thanks!

You have to understand how often these types of questions come around and how silly they sound once you've been here long enough. Not actually trying to bust your balls btw... but if you read through this thread more, your questions will be answered.

People here are often rather helpful when a question is asked and the person asking has done some degree of research before hand. Again, not actually trying to bust your balls, just my 2 cents.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Has anyone noted that their automatic movement on ARF DJ doesn't work as it should? I have worn my watch for weeks and for the last days it have stopped at night (I'm very active during the days).

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Has anyone noted that their automatic movement on ARF DJ doesn't work as it should? I have worn my watch for weeks and for the last days it have stopped at night (I'm very active during the days).

No, that isn't normal - but that said this... these are asian clone movements. There longevity is always a gamble.. good news is though chuck a brand new eta movement in it and you've got a keeper for life... or if you're me until you get bored haha.

Sadly, you'll have to get it looked at, or just hand wind it. But eventually it will need a service, and tbh... rather than service it, chuck an eta in it. Ask your modder to send proof of the ETA movement inside the case and keep those pictures in case you want to sell it one day. (you have to prove eta movement)

Sorry!

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
No, that isn't normal - but that said this... these are asian clone movements. There longevity is always a gamble.. good news is though chuck a brand new eta movement in it and you've got a keeper for life... or if you're me until you get bored haha.

Sadly, you'll have to get it looked at, or just hand wind it. But eventually it will need a service, and tbh... rather than service it, chuck an eta in it. Ask your modder to send proof of the ETA movement inside the case and keep those pictures in case you want to sell it one day. (you have to prove eta movement)

Sorry!

Thanks! Yup, could be worth it. Will ask my modder for a price. I'm kind of unlucky with rep movements so I'm used with manual winding every morning (sadly). But hey, they still look good:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonofalich