• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I just ordered a Noob myself, stainless/white 116520. Excited to see it, it sounds like some small modifications could have it working very well.

Question though, is the Ceramic 116500 black/black version generally accepted to be of the same standard?

It seems with the 116520, an ARF dial and bezel, along with a sanded gasket is an almost perfect replica (for the money), curious if this applies to both. It'd be great to have 2 of these in a passable configuration.

Hi, as I understand it does - look at Guru's beautiful watch (Noob 116500 with ARF's dial & Bezel)

e25443401aea63a31b75f57cc571d6ab.jpg

Reactions: R1Racer

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I've since posted them in the general forum area.

C'mon guru any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

C'mon, it's against the rules GODDAMMIT, have you ever in your 2 years of being here taken the decency to read the rules of the forum you're trying so hard to be spoon-fed on??

kudos

18/2/14
What is the likelihood of Noob updating these watches? Or even ARF coming up with a 4130 clone?

I think I could update the steel bezel but wouldn't even want to attempt updating dials or a ceramic bezel and would leave that to a pro.

Last edited:

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
ARF is not working on a 4130 clone movement.
Noob will only update if we stop buying like crazy.

grandphuba

8/4/18
Is the Noob 116500 out of stock? I don't see it in puretime, but I see it in perfect clones (not a TD here though). I assume there's a waiting list like gen?

Reactions: Seefeld

Nate0624

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/16
C'mon, it's against the rules GODDAMMIT, have you ever in your 2 years of being here taken the decency to read the rules of the forum you're trying so hard to be spoon-fed on??
@QueTip I'm not going to be cute and address your overly aggressive comment with a snarky response. It is the holiday season after all. I can only assume you've grown frustrated with members making the same mistake (it was a mistake) again and again.

In fact, I apologized and created an entire new post on the proper forum seeking feedback - before your reply.

Beyond that, what else can I do? I'm on Tapatalk and cannot delete the comment. It's there for the entire RWI to see...forever. "Look at Nate0624. What a Noob."

Thank you for the infraction.

For anyone else who questioned the factory, the watch came from Noob and TD was Puretime.

(Crawling back into my hole, ashamed).

Happy holidays gang!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
@QueTip I'm not going to be cute and address your overly aggressive comment with a snarky response. It is the holiday season after all. I can only assume you've grown frustrated with members making the same mistake (it was a mistake) again and again.

In fact, I apologized and created an entire new post on the proper forum seeking feedback - before your reply.

Beyond that, what else can I do? I'm on Tapatalk and cannot delete the comment. It's there for the entire RWI to see...forever. "Look at Nate0624. What a Noob."

Thank you for the infraction.

For anyone else who questioned the factory, the watch came from Noob and TD was Puretime.

(Crawling back into my hole, ashamed).

Happy holidays gang!

43f945367621a315a4bc15e12d40f6a8.png

Reactions: Nate0624

bent98

Known Member
28/12/12
I cant seem to find a dealer who has Noob Daytona 116500 SS/SS White 904L Super 4130 in stock. Anyone?

Peter Di Palma

Horology Curious
22/3/17
I mean, most every noob daytona I've seen has SEL gap. Subs too. You must have gotten lucky - Congrats!

Safe to say this -

*If you are looking for the BEST Daytona that has the capabilities of accepting Gen Dial/Movt parts and want a good reliable chrono - Go for Noob

*If you are looking for the BEST Daytona visually out of the box with a non working chrono but correct running secs @ 6 - Go for ARF. I think it's that simple.

FACT-
If I see that big second hand on a Daytona running - It's just going to make me look even harder for authenticity. Just saying.

I think we got some chrono molesters on here. hehe.

#Simpleton

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you just summed this up the best of anyone so far ????.

The Tourist

27/3/14
Got my QC today (ARF V2) and need some decision making help from the experts please, concerning two conspicuous features I see:

- are these SEL gaps on the huge side for an ARF V2? should I accept or reject?
- what about the bezel alignment? It seems a bit misaligned (..or might it be the even a slightly misaligned movement?)

Apart from that, this V2 seems to have no other unacceptable flaws..or at least I don't see them lol.

20181227-194137.jpg

20181227-194257.jpg

20181227-194417.jpg

20181227-194448.jpg

1227-1.jpg

Please bear with me and tell me what you think.

Sent from the RWI App

grandphuba

8/4/18
Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's hard to get a perfect front on view, and there can be slight imperfections in rep dials and bezels, but a Daytona bezel should exactly align 60 to 12, 240 to 3, 120 to 6 and 80 to 9.

Sg5PT.jpg

Reactions: Therion666

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Does the 120 tachy needs to align to the 6 o’clock marker? I see lots of google pictures on ‘alleged Daytona gens’ that don’t align... on the other hand my gen speed master aligns perfectly well at 6 clock.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
VItow54.png
VItow54.png
VItow54.png

I think I read somewhere that the 120 in the tachy doesn't really align with the 6 hour marker in some reps, so while I'm inclined to say it's not aligned, I'd like to consider the rest as a matter of camera angles and rep accuracy and not QC. Don't take my word for it, wait for others to chime in

Here's a discussion pertaining to the 120 issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/8cn8dr/qc_arf_ceramic_daytona_white_dial_been_waiting_so/

you cant even draw straight lines dude, let alone find whats wrong with it.... GLWS and your reptime thing

grandphuba

8/4/18
you cant even draw straight lines dude, let alone find whats wrong with it.... GLWS and your reptime thing

WTF's up with the hostility? I'm just responding to his question with the bezel being misaligned.

The line was drawn with ms paint, with a 1pixel thick line by dragging from one point of the bezel, crossing the center, and dragging to the other side of the bezel. The lines are therefore straight for all intents and purposes of this discussion.

And wtf am I selling for the GLWS comment? I can point to another discussion here in RWI where even modders acknowledge the nature of the issue.

I'm just flabbergasted that such an innocent post could lead to such an inflammatory response.

The Tourist

27/3/14
Thanks to everyone who responded so far! In regards to the bezel alignment, here is an ARF V2 product shot from another dealer taken from their website:

8b8484a076.jpg

There everything seems aligned and the SEL gaps also are absolutely OK. (remark: for comparison, have a look on the Puretime site, it seems that they show a
slightly misaligned bezel with the V2 at the 120 marker) https://puretime.io/daytona-116500-a...-clone-v2.html

I now quickly started Photoshop to align my QC picture as good as possible and used Photoshop's guides (Cyan colored lines). Now you clearly see that the 80 and 120 marker probably seem to be misaligned whereas the 60 and 240 marker are OK (note: always take the original picture angle into account, it could be misleading since it might be not perfectly centered!... but in my case a possible angle seems marginal and IMO shows a real bezel misalignment).

QC-ARF-V2-01.jpg

Maybe e.g. guru can clear things up for the Daytona bezel alignment...

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Thanks to everyone who responded so far! In regards to the bezel alignment, here is an ARF V2 product shot from another dealer taken from their website:

8b8484a076.jpg

There everything seems aligned and the SEL gaps also are absolutely OK. (remark: for comparison, have a look on the Puretime site, it seems that they show a
slightly misaligned bezel with the V2 at the 120 marker) https://puretime.io/daytona-116500-a...-clone-v2.html

I now quickly started Photoshop to align my QC picture as good as possible and used Photoshop's guides (Cyan colored lines). Now you clearly see that the 80 and 120 marker probably seem to be misaligned whereas the 60 and 240 marker are OK (note: always take the original picture angle into account, it could be misleading since it might be not perfectly centered!... but in my case a possible angle seems marginal and IMO shows a real bezel misalignment).

QC-ARF-V2-01.jpg

Maybe e.g. guru can clear things up for the Daytona bezel alignment...

Sent from the RWI App

the alignment is a little off, I have seen it on many ARF reps.
SELs are ok. If you look at the pics I posted in the first post, the alignment was the same. If you reject it you will probably get the same problem

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: The Tourist

The Tourist

27/3/14
the alignment is a little off, I have seen it on many ARF reps.
SELs are ok. If you look at the pics I posted in the first post, the alignment was the same. If you reject it you will probably get the same problem
Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Thanks a lot guru! Still, it's sad to hear that the bezel misalignment with the ARF's is "common". I'll give it a chance and reject the first offer and hope for the best... If everything goes wrong, I can still fall back to this one..