• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AHX's Milgauss Megathread

Denis_sianto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/11/12
Now, should I choose a2836 or a2836 superclone ?
And what's the difference in that?

Currently i owned milg with a21j in it, is there somewhere I can just buy a replacement movement and replace my 21j with the new one, such as another a21j or perhaps a2836 superclone?

(after 3 months of usage, sometimes it stops ticking, and always falls behind in time badly)

BrinEter

30/4/12
Now, should I choose a2836 or a2836 superclone ?
And what's the difference in that?

Maybe check the Rolex WIKI (HERE), there are some informations concerning the superclone, and this link also : http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/swiss-eta-asian-87509?t=87509&highlight=superclone

Also the Milgauss WIKI HERE, and this explanation found in RWI Milgauss WIKI about 21j and Milgauss, that you probably already have seen now after seeing your problems with your 21j Milgauss :
<<
As a note on movements: The 21j movement should be avoided for this model. The extra weight of the large lightning shaped seconds hand causes extra strain on the 21j movement. This causes the hand to stutter and even fail on occasion. As a result this movement is NOT recommended for this watch.
>>

Concerning replacing your current 21j by a 2836 clone or superclone, I don't have knowledge to help you, some experts might help. But I wonder if dial center hole is same dimension for 21j and clone/superclone 2836...

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
You can't replace it with a 7750. You also cannot add a 2836 if you buy a 21j to start. Just buy the clone 2836 version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
Who sells the best gv milgauss reps right now?

Is the green sapphire already made to looks as good as the gen?

dadof2boys

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/8/12
Alright, been lurking around here for a while. I have a two year old and a five year and simply don't have the time currently to devote myself to reading up on all the vast knowledge here. I have really been wanting the Milgauss for sometime. Keep going to the local AD trying it on, then leaving because I feel guilty spending that much on a watch. (even though a couple of my wife's purses cost the same). Anyhow, just ordered a replica on timeshops.net to see if I would really love having this watch. However, after reading all this I'm afraid I just may end up with a junky watch. So I guess I will have to see what I get? This is what I ordered:

http://www.timeshops.net/11983-xfro5211b-rolex-milguass-black-dial-ss-ss-316l-swiss-eta-2836.html

I will post some pics when it comes in. Honestly I went with this one because it seemed the easiest to order. I didn't have to hunt down a seller, no tricky payment methods, etc. hopefully it won't be too bad.

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
From what I can comprehend of all readings and searching at TDs about milgauss.

I can conclude, there are 3 "GOOD" version of milgauss in the rep market.
1. Swiss2824/A2824 clone
2. Swiss2824/A2824 superclone
3. Milgauss noobfactory

Maybe, just maybe,
Due to noobfactory's popularity and proven quality in panerai making, Milgauss Noobfactory may be the best rep version of all

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

SeptemberSun

Looking Around
15/6/13
From what I can comprehend of all readings and searching at TDs about milgauss.

I can conclude, there are 3 "GOOD" version of milgauss in the rep market.
1. Swiss2824/A2824 clone
2. Swiss2824/A2824 superclone
3. Milgauss noobfactory

Maybe, just maybe,
Due to noobfactory's popularity and proven quality in panerai making, Milgauss Noobfactory may be the best rep version of all

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

I think the movements would be 2836

avocado

30/9/09
I have the black 2836 and it is my favorite. Looks and runs nice.

dadof2boys

10/8/12
I too have the black dial 2836. Freaken love this thing. Had for a year, wear it daily, looks awesome!

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
My milgauss
3fed7f60.jpg

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Just to add to this thread...

Here are some pictures of my white Milgauss;
I4DEFmZ.jpg

k7qqpFC.jpg

...and let there be lume! (daytime lumeshot)
q4SwZtx.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.

Heme

12/4/14
Does anyone know if there is a rep of the limited edition DrX milgauss (ladies size) with the scissor hands? Im not too concerned about how accurate to the original.
My wife is a hairdresser and I thought it may be a nice gift.
cheers

aw2509

Looking Around
15/4/14
New to the forums, but am really loving this new blue faced Milgauss that was recently released. Any idea how long it usually takes for a rep to hit the market?
Also, does anyone recommend any certain quality sellers of rep Milgauss at the moment?

Thanks!

psychom3

Renowned Member
3/3/09
New to the forums, but am really loving this new blue faced Milgauss that was recently released. Any idea how long it usually takes for a rep to hit the market?
Also, does anyone recommend any certain quality sellers of rep Milgauss at the moment?

Thanks!

I also love the blue face MG announced at Basel but it is hard to guess a time period for it to be repped, I have not seen any chatter about it being done. All the dealers can get the same watches just pick out a TD from the trusted dealer section and go from there.

Lots of interesting info in the thread thanks to all that contributed. I love my white MG and my only real complaint is the color of the seconds hand but all in all I am very happy, have the A2836 version BTW.