• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Trusted Dealer Findings Since May 2012

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Ive been hovering around this site for a while and I thought it was time I posted my comments and (soon) photos of my rep collection.

Ive been a Watch fan since i could remember, ever since the original Tag Link watches were copied and could be bought for £20 in my School!

Years later, I discovered the joys of Better Quality Replicas found in markets in places like Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong etc.

And now we have the High-End replicas (which I now collect) which although are pricey, really do turn heads and start conversations at events.

Recent trips to Dubai over the last few years have rewarded me with some nice Reps, if you know what to look for (with the help of sites like this), when you are shown cheap reps, you can push them to the side and ask for the Noobs or Mastercopies as they call them.

So where do I start, ive got lots to say, comment on and report on, but I think I will start today with my findings so far with Trusted Dealers.

When I have a weekend Free, I will use my SLR to photograph my Rep Collection and share them with you guys for comments / recommendations of missing "collectors watches" :)

Trusted Dealers + Comments:

Marvellous Replica
Watches Bought: 4
Pros: Very friendly, Good Website and very helpful. QC photos always sent for verification and approval and delivery time to UK pretty Quick via EMS. Website down but contactable via email and still shipping watches. Watches always carefully packed and faultless.
Cons: Very difficult to pay with Western Union, I often need to do via cash at a Pay point, instead of online - not Marvellous Fault, but lack of VISA or MASTERCARD option is a bad point for me.

Asian7750 - UPDATE 1st October 2012
Watches Bought: 3 (1 New Last Month)
Pros: Very friendly and very helpful. QC photos always sent for verification and approval and delivery time to UK pretty Quick also via EMS. Watches always carefully packed and faultless. Just got a 3rd watch from Tony and again, perfect service. EMS, Not Opened By Customs.
Cons: Website needs updating - a bit dated.

KingShowBox
Watches Bought: 2
Pros: Very friendly. QC photos always sent for verification and approval and delivery time to UK pretty Quick via EMS. Watches always carefully packed and faultless.
Cons: Only used them twice, nothing I can think of.

Timeshops - UPDATE 1st October 2012
Watches Bought: 16 (1 New Last Month)
Pros: Very friendly, Good Website and great selection - hence why ive bought alot from them. FedEx option I loved (until stopped), watches took 4-5 days to arrive, as opposed to EMS taking double the time. Watches well packed, but Quality Control not always upto scratch (see below). I LOVE around 9 of the watches and am disappointed with 6 of them.
Cons: FedEx to UK currently not possible, forced to use EMS. QC photos not always sent, even if you request them, sometimes you just get a shipped confirmation when you're waiting for your QC photos! Althought all 15 watches arrived OK, a few have had problems straight out of the box without even wearing them yet, these range from broken / non-functional chronograph buttons on a Hublot & Rolex, a completely dead Rolex which cost over £300 and generally "unchecked" watches - its like they ship them without giving them the once over, OK they might be busy, but I cant be the only one who has had a mixture of good and bad products from Timeshops. Im not here to moan about them, around 9 of the watches have been perfect, the other 6 have either non working chrono's which are supposed to be working, or dusty faces inside the watch or one watch even had like a smudge of grease on the face, how can they not see that and still ship it to the other side of the world! A £300 Hublot I wore for 2 weeks had two screws fall out, the Rolex which came non-working straight out of the box is just a paperweight now. I love this shop, but their biggest fault for me is their lack of after-support, especially for stuff that can be avoided if they checked the items carefully before shipping them. Ive not even asked them to replace any apart from the Faulty brand new rolex, which their reply was that the factory is closed for holiday and no point sending it to them - instead of asking for it back and trying to do their best. So its a paperweight right now. The screws that have fallen out a couple of the watches, i just asked them to post me the screws, it will cost them next to nothing, but it seems too much of an ask. Its a shame, id buy alot more from them but have become disheartened. I gave Timeshops another chance, this time the Watch that arrived had a faulty Chrono! They dont seem to check the watches properly before shipping out. :-( Hong Kong Post, Not Opened By Customs.

Puretime - UPDATE 1st October 2012
Watches Bought: 4
Pros: Very friendly and very helpful. QC photos sent only of 3 of the 4 Watches and then got a Shipped Email. Arrived very well packed via EMS, Not opened by Customs. Luckily the 4th non-QC'd watch was beautiful.

Cons: So far none, however a bit slow to reply to emails and often you get a reply saying they will look into it and then not get back to you.

As I say - this is no way an attack on any particular Dealer, it is my honest findings and experiences and to share them with you guys.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Cool. Personal experiences are always welcome!
And I guess the odds of something going wrong increase with the number of watches bought (in reference to your experience with TS).

Cromag

Renowned Member
11/8/12
Thanks for taking the time to write and remember all those things. Looking forward to the pics if you have a chance :)

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Thanks for sharing, great to see a write up of your different dealer experiences. Now on to the important stuff:whistle: Pics or it never happened:cry:

:ttiwwop:

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
You're on the roll, 29 watches in 4+ months.

When I was noob, the guys here advised me to choose quality over quantity. I wanted to try everything so I was buying left and right. After few years, I've lost count how many reps I had and how much money I've wasted... now I'm down to 10 reps that i would gladly wear any time of the day.

Have fun in this madness! :D

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Pics are coming, some reps were for friends but the majority I have kept for myself and bought two nice ten-watch cases too! I promise photos are coming this week, I want to photograph them properly without my usual evening distractions and on my canon SLR so lots of nice detail!

Thanks for the comments, I may have been silently reading stuff for a while, but I will make my stay a good sharing one useful to all :)

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Some watches were sent without being QC'd - I can't believe it!

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Its true, I ordered 2x Watches last week with Timeshops, paid and sent a separate email requesting QC photos. This week I got a shipped email and tracking number and I'm tracking it now, its already gone and I didnt get QC photos.

I love Timeshops site, so many to choose from, but little things like that are disheartening. One of the Watches I got a couple of months ago has an oily smudge on the face, very noticeable, a QC photo would have avoided that or got them to clean it before sending it out.

I'm hoping to photograph my watches at the weekend, keep your scanners peeled!

:maty:

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
Wow, you bought so many watches in so little time. Welcome to the addiction.

Thank you for posting your take on our various TDs. That is a good feedback system on how they can improve their services, coming from a paying customer.

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
I have updated my orginal post with the latest few watch info from the last few weeks, including Customs info. :)

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
Why keep buy from timeshops if your gonna be disappointed? 16 watches? I would have stopped after the second bad one.

aligborat69

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/12
UK
Because the first few orders were OK and they offered Fedex where the other dealers didnt, so I was getting my watches in 3-4 days, intead of 20 or so days from EMS and customs delays. Also, sometimes they have watches I dont see on other dealers sites.

Ive had more good experiences with Timeshops than bad, i still recommend them, just ask them explicitly to check the chronos and confirm they are working etc before shipping. My main point with their review was the after-sales needs some addressing, im still waiting for information as to whats going to be done with my Rolex Paperweight.

D

d4m.test

Nice post OP! I like the idea of a bunch of quickie reviews. Hope you don't mind if I share my own experiences.

Dealer Reviews:
Puretime:
Fantastic website with lots of information and release dates of products. Email reply within 24hrs, payment via Paypal or 10% discount by WU. QC pics within 1 day if in stock, ship 7-10days to Canada, good after sales service. 9/10

WatchInternational:
No website, but lots of forum posts on other forums (not a TD here). Email reply within 48hrs, payment by Paypal. QC pics within 2 days if in stock, ship 7-10days to Canada, good after sales service. 8.5/10

Sead:
No website, but has his own posts in his TD section here. PM reply same day, Payment by Paypal, prices usually 5-10% lower than other TDs. QC pics on request only, 7-10days to Canada, fantastic service. 9/10

DSN:
No website, but has his own posts in his TD section here. Manufactures (?) his own unique product. Email reply within 7 days, very difficult to pay (sporadic Paypal availability, sporadic WU availability, now other methods). QC pics within 1 day if in stock, ship 7-10days to Canada, slow communication. 6.5/10

Toro:
Vague website with minimal information/product names and no release dates of products. Email reply within 12hrs, payment via Paypal or 10% discount by WU. QC pics within hours if in stock, ship 7-10days to Canada, poor before and after service. Provided definite misinformation about shipping and product information. Will promise refunds, but won't deliver. 3/10