• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Not sure I understand - you were both looking for a gen crystal, and the prof one is too expensive?

The latter is the only viable option really.

Anyone who removes the cyclops on the gen will have to replace the crystal or be left with a goofy looking AR patch where the cyclop was.

I'm looking for a gen crystal which if found goes for +500$ when the proof version costs +250$. So would it be preferable to save these 250$ as the proof version doesn't have the same blackhole effect (pls correct me if I'm wrong) and keep on looking for the gen one ?

Thanks for your recommendation, very good point for the cyclops - I hadn't think about that

Last edited:

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Hi mate. Try to contact bananasplit member, if he can source it, the original.

You can send to proof the arf crystal, for apply the Ar.

The stock crystal from proof, has'nt the LEC.

Thanks mate I will contact Bananasplit :)

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Thanks for the inspiration ! I ordered the Xtal via an AD last week (surprisingly he could source it) and I received it today :) So looking forward to have it mounted.

WhatsApp-Image-2019-07-24-at-12.58.23fdfa0d1fe8dd4a35.jpg

Reactions: m5smg2

Islander36

I'm Pretty Popular
28/2/14
Thanks for the inspiration ! I ordered the Xtal via an AD last week (surprisingly he could source it) and I received it today :) So looking forward to have it mounted.

WhatsApp-Image-2019-07-24-at-12.58.23fdfa0d1fe8dd4a35.jpg

I had no idea the AD would sale parts

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Anybody recently ordered one of these and has QC pictures to see if the 12 o‘clock triangle marker has rounded edges now like some new ARF Subs already have?

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
gfXrc9kf.jpg
uvdzQXLr.jpg
ZrEwZGwD.jpg

Hi everyone! In the appendix, I am currently sending, rejected by me quality test images of puretime. I have uploaded the pictures for general evaluation of the current batch and version here. I'm unsure if the clock may have been on PureTime for some time and may have been rejected by someone else - the dust on the cyclop speaks for it. Otherwise I find the painting of the numbers very stained and absolutely insufficient. It is a pity that this copy seems to have a perfectly aligned "rehaut". What are your opinions? Should not one just wait for the white lettering of the numbers? Greeting, Morloc

gianttg

Renowned Member
11/4/15
gfXrc9kf.jpg
uvdzQXLr.jpg
ZrEwZGwD.jpg

Hi everyone! In the appendix, I am currently sending, rejected by me quality test images of puretime. I have uploaded the pictures for general evaluation of the current batch and version here. I'm unsure if the clock may have been on PureTime for some time and may have been rejected by someone else - the dust on the cyclop speaks for it. Otherwise I find the painting of the numbers very stained and absolutely insufficient. It is a pity that this copy seems to have a perfectly aligned "rehaut". What are your opinions? Should not one just wait for the white lettering of the numbers? Greeting, Morloc

oh boy...

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Not really sure why you rejected this tbh...

Also, you can't say "I rejected this" then ask for peoples opinions on it. You're looking for general QC feedback. This is not allowed. Good attempt though.

Dust on the Cyclops? I'm sorry you are living in another world. Dust exists... it doesn't mean it's old. It doesn't mean anything. It means that the room they took the picture in... had some dust in it. Shocking to believe that the Chinese replica watch site aren't using a sterile laboratory for photography. I know... insane right?

Leave the rep game now do yourself a favour and don't waste anymore time. You will never be happy, and you will just be seeking misery. Also you're going to eventually anger the TD's rejecting watches for little to no reason.

mOrLoC89

Known Member
15/2/19
Not really sure why you rejected this tbh...

Also, you can't say "I rejected this" then ask for peoples opinions on it. You're looking for general QC feedback. This is not allowed. Good attempt though.

Dust on the Cyclops? I'm sorry you are living in another world. Dust exists... it doesn't mean it's old. It doesn't mean anything. It means that the room they took the picture in... had some dust in it. Shocking to believe that the Chinese replica watch site aren't using a sterile laboratory for photography. I know... insane right?

Leave the rep game now do yourself a favour and don't waste anymore time. You will never be happy, and you will just be seeking misery. Also you're going to eventually anger the TD's rejecting watches for little to no reason.

I Rejected and asked for more detailed pictures because of

- dots or dust at paintings of „4 of 40“, „0 of 30“, „2 of 20“, The Marker at 12, there are some dark shadows next to the Pearl

Im not shure whether it is dust or dirt or terrible painting.

Not because of the dust at cyclope. Sorry if you missunderstood.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I Rejected and asked for more detailed pictures because of

- dots or dust at paintings of „4 of 40“, „0 of 30“, „2 of 20“, The Marker at 12, there are some dark shadows next to the Pearl

Im not shure whether it is dust or dirt or terrible painting.

Not because of the dust at cyclope. Sorry if you missunderstood.

This is about 10 x magnification. You will see dust specks that with a bit of air are blown out... also how can you reject whilst also asking for more pictures?
Really, there's nothing wrong with that rep at all. Dust and fingerprints are pretty standard, the bezels are notorious in the ceramic replicas for the paint eventually failing. That is why USD plating and Spongebob mods exist on this webpage to cater for those who wish to make their bezel inserts look more gen like.

This was a good example of an ARF v3 and you are foolish to expect more. As I stated previously, these pictures are not conducted in a sterile environment and you have to accept that they're taken with 10 x zoom. You see every tiny imperfection 10 x greater, on the wrist you don't see it. I have 20/20 vision and some flaws you need magnification to find... but when do you do that in real life?

Just accept these are replicas, they have tiny mistakes, although personally the one you showed here I think is almost flawless. Dust is not a flaw.
Oh and please think on this... Genuine watches at Rolex at 10 x magnification have flaws too...

Here's a £43k Rolex with a flaw. (paint on GMT hand 4:48)

https://youtu.be/QxcquFLlUDQ?t=288

There you go, would you reject that too? Because once again, it is never seen on the wrist nor when looking at the watch. Only visible with magnification, our human eyes are not that good. My main point is... if Rolex can't get it right at £43k then, don't expect the Chinese to get it absolutely 1-1 perfect for £450.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcher

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
My main point is... if Rolex can't get it right at £43k then, don't expect the Chinese to get it absolutely 1-1 perfect for £450.

Well made point and thoroughly enjoyed the video bro. Those models are awesome. I had a flawed hand on my gen as well which RSC replaced without question. However we should not expect the same from the Chinese, who provide striking replicas for mere fractions of the cost for low pay and at very real risk to their freedom and well being.

Reactions: Sonofalich

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
gfXrc9kf.jpg
uvdzQXLr.jpg
ZrEwZGwD.jpg

There is no dust under the glass. There is dust in the room. The watch looks superb OMG!
ARF fixed the 12 o‘clock marker. Now it sits lower and has almost as rounded edges as the gen ... wow!
Only thing you would have to do to this watch is rotate the crystal a little bit as it is not 100% aligned with the date window. But this is really an easy fix.
I would have accepted. I don‘t think the next one will be much better as this one is almost flawless.
Good luck!

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
While I completely agree dust is not an issue here (it's all external), the crystal needing to be rotated half a minute tic CW is a rejection for me. The fix may be easy but it is not quick or without risk. You have to remove the bezel, take the insert out of the bezel to re-press the bezel on, take the movement out, pop the crystal, realign it, re-press it, clean it, re-press the bezel, re-install the insert and align it. All the while risking damage to the case, the bezel, the bezel gasket and the insert. Not something one should have to worry about doing on a brand new $500 watch. I wouldn't want to have this immediate chore facing me even though I can do it myself. To have to send it off to someone else to do it and pay extra is even worse. Easy choice for me to reject.