• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How would you build a 6542 Albino GMT-Master?

OnyxSkyDV

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/15
Supposing that you wanted to go about building something like this:

5a59dcb5e514db0c34cd287330db76ec

What would you guys use for parts?

It seems like Yuki has the dial, I'm not sure what a good doner case would be though, and I have a hard time telling if that is the pepsi or coke bezel. (I suspect a faded pepsi, but please correct me.)

Interested in what you guys think the game plan would be to build that.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Step 1) Get a good divorce lawyer
Step 2) Mortgage your cat
Step 3) This: http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6924997/10000048.htm -> More than just the dial! TBH I can buy the insert for much cheaper but the dollars you save is not worth the effort! Buy the entire case package
EDIT Step 3.5) Retrospectively read a bit more and realise that the Yuki Dial is excrement of a large male bull. So open up your white pages and search for "Rick" give him a call and order the good dial ¯\_(?)_/¯

Step 3.5)
giphy.gif

Step 4) Find a good modder who has done this kind of thing before

Step 4.5)
giphy.gif

Step 5) Talk to @TheSociety and realise you're in too deep to stop now
Step 6) DWO from the bay - roulette (although I don't like those) - EDIT Those don't fit the Huasldfjals;kfjalsjzouhhha Movements and you can have a special one for $100.00 from some guy on RWG or somethin...
Step 7) Start searching for the movement - it has a very Hong-Kong kind of name with and "sh" in there somewhere - I can't remember - EDIT: Its the Hua... Huaaau... Hauu... FML This one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asian-Hangz...890869?hash=item33cbe195b5:g:vBgAAOSwnDxUquAR
Step 8) Find it and buy it
Step 9) Grab the hands from Yuki, then realise that the GMT hand is wrong and search and find that one - Then send it to some other modder to make it vintage as fuuuuuu...
Step 9.5) Optional - Realise you forgot to send them the dial and in a sea of panic send that just in time as well
Step 10) Cry for a little while because you still don't have a watch and expenses are nearing the GDP of a small African nation
Step 11) Get a crown, any crown by now because you're at a stage where you almost don't care and want this thing finished
Step 'Wheeeeen will this eeeeend already?!?!?!") Get a leather strap made out of unicorn
Step 12) Assemble and
giphy.gif

I may have missed around 5 steps in that as well...

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
^^^ THIS ^^^^ .. it may sound funny to read, however it is pretty accurate in reality. The bezel insert by the way itself is a thing of beauty and nothing close to a faded 'pepsi' .. a bakelite is a thing of beauty in itself

Pan-Am-Vanilla-Coke-Rolex-GMT-Master-2.jpg

PC-M-DETT8.jpg

Reactions: itgoes211

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
^^^ THIS ^^^^ .. it may sound funny to read, however it is pretty accurate in reality. The bezel insert by the way itself is a thing of beauty and nothing close to a faded 'pepsi' .. a bakelite aand a thing of beauty in itself

Pan-Am-Vanilla-Coke-Rolex-GMT-Master-2.jpg

Yo, @Daft_Punk - do you know what Yuki charges at the moment for that package. The price is on request which suggests to me a price of "if you're asking, you can not afford it" dollars. Still curious though

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
@nikoel no I haven't inquired as yet myself as I am holding off on this one until I have more disposable income to proceed (money to burn) as you eloquently listed, however I would be guessing the 1K+ range but that's a guess ... also have not pursued how accurate the case is to start with or the bakelite either. I am still in research mode before I do this ... I am also planning a 'variation' of this theme

14_O6_A.gif

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
@nikoel no I haven't inquired as yet myself as I am holding off on this one until I have more disposable income to proceed (money to burn) as you eloquently listed, however I would be guessing the 1K+ range but that's a guess ... also have not pursued how accurate the case is to start with or the bakelite either. I am still in research mode before I do this ...

14_O6_A.gif

Mmmmm... Tbh, the legitimacy of the existence and history of such a model in such a vigorous dispute it almost doesn't matter how "gen" it is :D

TheSociety

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
Step 2) Mortgage your cat
Step 3) This: http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6924997/10000048.htm -> More than just the dial! TBH I can buy the insert for much cheaper but the dollars you save is not worth the effort! Buy the entire case package

Step 3.5)
giphy.gif

Step 4) Find a good modder who has done this kind of thing before

Step 4.5)
giphy.gif

Step 5) Talk to @TheSociety and realise you're in too deep to stop now
Step 6) DWO from the bay - roulette (although I don't like those)
Step 7) Start searching for the movement - it has a very Hong-Kong kind of name with and "sh" in there somewhere - I can't remember
Step 8) Find it and buy it
Step 9) Grab the hands from Yuki, then realise that the GMT hand is wrong and search and find that one - Then send it to some other modder to make it vintage as fuuuuuu...
Step 9.5) Optional - Realise you forgot to send them the dial and in a sea of panic send that just in time as well
Step 10) Cry for a little while because you still don't have a watch and expenses are nearing the GDP of a small African nation
Step 11) Get a crown, any crown by now because you're at a stage where you almost don't care and want this thing finished
Step 'Wheeeeen will this eeeeend already?!?!?!") Get a leather strap made out of unicorn
Step 12) Assemble and
giphy.gif

I may have missed around 5 steps in that as well...

hahaha

...but true [emoji15]

Ps do not but Yuki's dial. Its shit.

Here's a 6542 built for someone else who wishes to remain anonymous. I'm currently building 2 (one black one white) for myself. The movement is a bitch to find. Suppose to want to find a baby unicorn [emoji882], while sober - that sums it up.

43b5a42b50ae870d72be50c5b1e9c812.jpg

It doesn't just tell time. It tells history.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread

Reactions: itgoes211

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16

TheSociety

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/8/15
CONUS
Yeah cant find my bookmark on the dude in italy who did all the research on this proving its existence / legitamacy ... I am working of the Jase and Rik build on RWG https://rwg.cc/topic/183552-rolex-gmt-master-6542-pan-am-a-rep-saga/ as well @TheSociety will chime in surely

There is a guy on RWG who made them but they're $100 a piece. He has 15. You can check it under RWg's rolex section. A lot of dough but it's the only one. I only use gen movement so I don't have to worry about this.

It doesn't just tell time. It tells history.
Genuine Movement Rolex Builds Thread

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
I just pray someone who has it is willing to let it go :)

OnyxSkyDV

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/15

giphy.gif

I expected most of those comments, and still nearly fell out of my chair laughing. :)

Cheers! Wife has already put up with my crap for so long she'll just shake her head and call me stupid, and drive on. :)