• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dd 40 is here!

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
VnPU2Q.jpg

Nice. I’m sure that dial looks good in the sun. Keep us posted on how the gold holds up over time.

Reactions: KJ2020

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Nice story but

:ttiwwop:

Go to www.picr.me
Create an account
Upload your pics
select pic(s) to be shared
Tap action, get embed code
Tap Viewer links drop down, Bb code full
Copy links and paste here.

We all have to learn how to do this, if you really want to contribute fully it is only unfamiliar the first few times you do it. After that you can take and post a pic in about 2 minutes total.

Thanks bro, would love to see your Dad's watch!

Here’s the pics to my dad’s one and only fake watch from the 80s that he never wears lol

https://picr.me/image/VndsCs
https://picr.me/image/VndMTp
https://picr.me/image/Vnd23h
https://picr.me/image/VndPGD
https://picr.me/image/VndfEU

Sent from the RWI App

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Nice story but

:ttiwwop:

Go to www.picr.me
Create an account
Upload your pics
select pic(s) to be shared
Tap action, get embed code
Tap Viewer links drop down, Bb code full
Copy links and paste here.

We all have to learn how to do this, if you really want to contribute fully it is only unfamiliar the first few times you do it. After that you can take and post a pic in about 2 minutes total.

Thanks bro, would love to see your Dad's watch!

Here’s the one and only fake watch my dad got from the 80s but he never wears lol

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Wow that's in great shape for being 30 some years old. My wife had a '90s TT DJ quartz until a few years ago. It finally died but amazing how long that thing ran!

Great job on the pics, thanks for sharing.

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Wow that's in great shape for being 30 some years old. My wife had a '90s TT DJ quartz until a few years ago. It finally died but amazing how long that thing ran!

Great job on the pics, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the tips on uploading pics!!! I’ve really enjoyed coming on this forum and read tons of new info everyday!!! It’s so exciting!! Yes, my dad never wears this watch once so it has been hiding in his jewelry box for 30 some years until now!!! So sad your wife’s DJ died, but I assume you’ve had a couple new and exciting replacements already!!! I’m currently thinking of getting a rep DJ that’s a special edition or a gold chocolate dial/gold blue dial DD!!!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: KJ2020

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Hi, just a quick question, how do you mod the day wheel?? I know modding/adding the gen date wheel into our watches is a very normal drill, how about the day wheel on the beautiful DD40????

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Sorry for the mod question... finally spend two hours catching up with every page.... so I decided I’ll sit and wait until there’ll be a new version with fixed fonts day wheel.... until then I’ll keep up with this threat with a few rotations on my wrist...

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I’m torn with the DD. 36 vs 40? SS vs YG vs RG? Dial colour? I have a franken 36mm 116234 ARF with black dial and I would want the DD to fill a gap the DJ misses

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Saw an antique gen Tudor 36mm daydate, wondering if the gen Tudor’s day wheel can mod it into the rep Rolex DD???

Naughtylus

18/4/19
I asked my friend to place an order from his long time regular dealer for me last week (I’m still in Hong Kong), for a BP icey blue daydate diamond bezel with 904L bracelet and A3255caliber, it was about $350USD.... I am beyond STUNNED for the beautiful watch!!!! Let me know what you think please.... fonts, crown, the Rolex crown on the dial(I personally think it’s a bit too big) etc!!!

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:
Reactions: KENNEY

Katsumi Yamada

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/4/18
I asked my friend to place an order from his long time regular dealer for me last week (I’m still in Hong Kong), for a BP icey blue daydate diamond bezel with 904L bracelet and A3255caliber, it was about $350USD.... I am beyond STUNNED for the beautiful watch!!!! Let me know what you think please.... fonts, crown, the Rolex crown on the dial(I personally think it’s a bit too big) etc!!!

Sent from the RWI App

I am sorry but you do not wear any kind of brecelet in the same wrist with such an expensive and classy watch. :)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Naughtylus

18/4/19
I am sorry but you do not wear any kind of brecelet in the same wrist with such an expensive and classy watch. :)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Haha the crystals bracelet is supposed for good luck and protection and stuff, can only wear on the left :p

Sent from the RWI App

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I’m happy with it, bracelet is smooth. Clearly it has not GEN weight and you fell it.

Well it’s not gold. That alone should be a significant difference in weight? Or do you ,wan the watch itself lacks weight? That is why I can’t wear a watch that’s supposed to be a PM. It just feels wrong on my wrist.

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Not the exact same watch but similar. Although they say the Noob sticks are "fatter" than gen, I think in person it looks pretty good and isn't as noticeable as it may appear to be in micro photos. Some also same the BP sticks are too skinny. I think the dial is pretty solid as well.

VU5fCU.jpg

Gen

VUAecK.jpg

That looks nice. It looks really nice, actually. How is the movement. A lot of factors scare me away from the DD, the main factor is the movement. I’ve only seen inexpensive versions and the movement seems to struggle and flips the day and date at different times and even barely switch them. That would be my main concern with a DD 40.

Id love to own a gen though.