• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

BrentonJ

4/7/13
Why don't you go back and read the pages you skipped and find out why everyone is modding them instead of asking us to do it for you next time :)

You'll find it's hard to get help from someone here when the question would have already been answered with some reading and research.

In short, hands have a green color to them and the bracelet sucks. The crazy guys go gen crown, insert, etc. as usual.

There is no movement closest to gen looks-wise. Just get the asian clone 2836.

Hahaha sorry man

I read the Sea Dweller sticky, then some other 11 page review and a whole chunk of this thread. Just got a bit lost.

Just wanted to make sure i was looking at the watch everyone was talking about.

I had learned the bracelet sucks, might chuck a NATO on it or just go the TC.

Yea i asked my TD about getting a 2836. Didn't mean looks wise, just beat / sweep. Should have wrote that better sorry.

Thanks for the info.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I ordered a Gen 2824 and cannon parts from Ofrei. :whistle:

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
I ordered a Gen 2824 and cannon parts from Ofrei. :whistle:

I did the same (sellita and H4). It is with my watchsmith now. By the way, the.clone movement that BP is using in the SD is do shit. The stem removal button broke with a gentle push . It's poorly finjshed and dry as a bone. The wah fk go on this watch is def. to get the cheap asian movment and, when it dies, ulgrade to a high quality clone or swiss.

Q5, it.it.worthwhile to upgrade to the TC dial and hands. I may nit have an option since I broke a leg on the dial trying to swap movement at 4am. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
I did the same (sellita and H4). It is with my watchsmith now. By the way, the.clone movement that BP is using in the SD is do shit. The stem removal button broke with a gentle push . It's poorly finjshed and dry as a bone. The wah fk go on this watch is def. to get the cheap asian movment and, when it dies, ulgrade to a high quality clone or swiss.

Q5, it.it.worthwhile to upgrade to the TC dial and hands. I may nit have an option since I broke a leg on the dial trying to swap movement at 4am. :eek:

Would like to know the same about the TC dial. Just picked up some Clark hands and already have TC bracelet. I love this watch sooo much. Saw a gen the other day and I'll be damned if anyone could call this one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

GMT66

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/09
Replacement Pearl for the BP SD

Where can I get a replacement pearl for my BP SD? The bulbous original pearl has gone missing. No loss. Thanks.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Would like to know the same about the TC dial. Just picked up some Clark hands and already have TC bracelet. I love this watch sooo much. Saw a gen the other day and I'll be damned if anyone could call this one out.

How is the lume on the clark hands? Does it match the BP dial? I think the BP dial is actually very good and I am quite satisfied with the BP lume. I would keep the BP diak (unless my watch smith has an issue with broken dial foot and change the hands if they all match up. This woukd save $90 over the TC dial and hand combo.

By the way, the font on the BP DWO is pretty good, but tbe way they glued it to the date wheel sucks. I can easily see this separating frkm the DW and causing issues. Has anyone found a decent rolex style ETA date wheel without usin an overlay? Is there a Tudor DW that might do the trick?

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
From what I've seen, the white on the Clarks hands matches well under lighting but the lume isn't as bright

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Where can I get a replacement pearl for my BP SD? The bulbous original pearl has gone missing. No loss. Thanks.

Watch Materials sells an outstanding pearl for the 11610 and 16660. On the older model, you might also want to pick up a clark insert and install the WM pearl.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
How is the lume on the clark hands? Does it match the BP dial? I think the BP dial is actually very good and I am quite satisfied with the BP lume. I would keep the BP diak (unless my watch smith has an issue with broken dial foot and change the hands if they all match up. This woukd save $90 over the TC dial and hand combo.

By the way, the font on the BP DWO is pretty good, but tbe way they glued it to the date wheel sucks. I can easily see this separating frkm the DW and causing issues. Has anyone found a decent rolex style ETA date wheel without usin an overlay? Is there a Tudor DW that might do the trick?

Clark's hands Lume isn't as good. But they are a LOT better than the stock green ones.

The DW I think is pretty good. Most dates line up great! Also helps out a lot that there is no cyclops to magnify it.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
From what I've seen, the white on the Clarks hands matches well under lighting but the lume isn't as bright

I actually don't see anything wrong with the color of the lume on the hands in daylight. I do think the finish on the BP hands is a bit rough though.

meh784

23/10/11
I just resent my SD back to Ko67 to have a gen crown + clark's tube installed.

A friend of mine just bought a Z serial SD and his crystal has the LEC. It was tough to find but it was there.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
I just resent my SD back to Ko67 to have a gen crown + clark's tube installed.

A friend of mine just bought a Z serial SD and his crystal has the LEC. It was tough to find but it was there.

Hmm. How much did you pay for gen crown? Is it really that big of a difference from the BP one?

Also we would love a side by side with your friends gen dweller if you ever got the chance. :)

meh784

23/10/11
Hmm. How much did you pay for gen crown? Is it really that big of a difference from the BP one?

Also we would love a side by side with your friends gen dweller if you ever got the chance. :)

$90 for the gen crown + $15 for clark's tube.

I bought it since my watch's crown + tube wouldn't seal properly and therefore wasn't waterproof (which defeats the purpose of a diver). I was just gonna put a TC crown but figured why not go gen.

When I get the watch back and I see my buddy again, I'll take some comparison pics. Probably won't be for a while since he lives 2.5 hours away.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
$90 for the gen crown + $15 for clark's tube.

I bought it since my watch's crown + tube wouldn't seal properly and therefore wasn't waterproof (which defeats the purpose of a diver). I was just gonna put a TC crown but figured why not go gen.

When I get the watch back and I see my buddy again, I'll take some comparison pics. Probably won't be for a while since he lives 2.5 hours away.

Thanks man. I am still deciding weather or not I want to do more to this one or keep it how it is. Mine is with ko67 at the moment as well. How long has his turn around time been with you in the past?

meh784

23/10/11
Thanks man. I am still deciding weather or not I want to do more to this one or keep it how it is. Mine is with ko67 at the moment as well. How long has his turn around time been with you in the past?

8 or 9 days, and that includes transit time. He's awesome, kept me updated with work progress with pics.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Wow that's great news. This is my first time doing business with him. Have heard nothing but good things though.

ImWatchingYOU

24/8/10
Received my SD as well, and decided to share my thoughts as I had a SSD v2 before.
First thing this watch looks great, there are couple of flaws thought.

Bezel has play, as I understood this can be fixed by playing with the "click" spring.
The bracelet which comes with the watch is BS, mine is very hard to open. And the SEL's have slight movement too.
The lume on dial hands is slightly darker then the dials.

Work to be done on mine:

Replace pearl with original (I got an original pearl & bezel, but the bezel is not bad on this one, dont see a point replacing it).
Get TC bracelet & hands set.

Can anyone comment if the HEV is a functional one, or just for looks?

mostling

12/2/12
Bezel has play, as I understood this can be fixed by playing with the "click" spring.
The bracelet which comes with the watch is BS, mine is very hard to open. And the SEL's have slight movement too.
Yeah, my bezel had a slight play too, i ordered one of these and that solved the problem for me: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310304838567?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Bracelet go with a TC bracelet, was just a bit of filing/sanding the endlinks to make the fit in the lugs.