• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

berryhusky

Horology Curious
25/4/21
Hi guys,

Couple of questions as I just received my QC pics
1) is 263 a too low amplitude or is this acceptable for a 4130 clone ? Could it be because it was not wound enough?

2) how difficult is it for a modder to realign the chrono second hand if it's not resetting exactly to 0?

Thanks!
Mine has the same issue, I just noticed that the chrono hand is not perfectly aligned. I have 334amp btw ;)

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
I like the watch but worried that my TD will not open the case-back and inspect the movement thoroughly for dirt/metal shards.

I heard conflicting reviews on the Noob Version 4. Some say the 4130 clone movement is a workhorse and has an extremely reliable chronograph. Other tear downs have faulty gears, over oiled, metal shards inside. These are things a good TD should catch before shipping.

Is Jtime quality control thorough? Does he inspect the inside to ensure we receive a good one.

I never spent close to a $1000 on a replica.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
I like the watch but worried that my TD will not open the case-back and inspect the movement thoroughly for dirt/metal shards.

I heard conflicting reviews on the Noob Version 4. Some say the 4130 clone movement is a workhorse and has an extremely reliable chronograph. Other tear downs have faulty gears, over oiled, metal shards inside. These are things a good TD should catch before shipping.

Is Jtime quality control thorough? Does he inspect the inside to ensure we receive a good one.

Dream on………..

Reactions: YellowFin

Starman367

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
30/3/18
I rather not. I don’t need it picked apart so I can worry about things that are probably not even an issue to begin with. I just wanted to let you guys know I got mine.

I fear we have gone too far... It's a $750 replica of a $14.5K watch that looks ridiculously close. It may be time to stop.

In real life on the wrist it will be more like this only smaller.

PastyMan

3/8/20
CONUS
Going to be honest guys. I would have rejected most the QC’s I have seen so far. I have one on order, getting a little worried at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McPwn

21/9/20
Just received mine from Li, first batch. Excellent service as always. This is my first daytona, so can't really compare. Finishing and quality out of the box is excellent, especially the bracelet. Links nicely polished on the side with almost a 'rounded' effect. Clasp is nice and clean and closes like a gen should. Only thing is the bracelet is a little squeaky, probably needs an oil bath to give it that gen-like 'clack-clack' effect. Tight SEL's.

Dial finishing has to be one of the best, the indices pop with almost a white goldish color. Subdial sunburst effect pops in the light.
jpvonI.jpg

jpvQun.jpg

jpvOZX.jpg

Nicely finished links and screwheads:
jpv6QF.jpg

Last edited:

Starman367

Supporter
30/3/18
Going to be honest guys. I would have rejected most the QC’s I have seen so far. I have one on order, getting a little worried at this point.

Don't worry there are nice ones out there. I may be done buying from the big dealers. Some approved qc photos of my second watch.

The markers certainly look better as photographed here. We will see how the two compare in the flesh.

Reactions: PastyMan

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
I fear we have gone too far... It's a $750 replica of a $14.5K watch that looks ridiculously close. It may be time to stop.

In real life on the wrist it will be more like this only smaller.

I completely understand that guys want to know every detail that’s different. That’s ok. I personally only use the qc for major flaws. If it looks good at a glance it is. Maybe I have just been fortunate to have good reps. The only issues I’ve had were of things the qc pictures could not show. I don’t even set the time. I just wear them. I am excited for a panda as that was actually the watch that got me here years ago when I found out I could not buy one.

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
So I’m waiting for mine, and I have a question.
Whats the serviceable parts or the needed interchangeable genuine parts for the movement to make it run perfectly especially for the chrono functions?

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
So I’m waiting for mine, and I have a question.
Whats the serviceable parts or the needed interchangeable genuine parts for the movement to make it run perfectly especially for the chrono functions?

Parts 815,820. Buy new and sealed though, lots of sellers repackaging used goods as new. From ado213, my watchmaker :

"The gen clutch wheel is absolutely useless. I know it came in a blister pack, but this was a resealed pack and the unit it used !. I did originally fit this to the Box one Daytona, but it caused me all sorts of issues. When I removed it to inspect it, it looks like the centre shaft is bent, which in turn causes issues.. I've put the rep clutch back in and all is well."

I learned the hard way.

Edit : seller of the repackaged parts was 'pentawatch' on ebay but he has a site as well.

Last edited:

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
Parts 815,820. Buy new and sealed though, lots of sellers repackaging used goods as new. From ado213, my watchmaker :

"The gen clutch wheel is absolutely useless. I know it came in a blister pack, but this was a resealed pack and the unit it used !. I did originally fit this to the Box one Daytona, but it caused me all sorts of issues. When I removed it to inspect it, it looks like the centre shaft is bent, which in turn causes issues.. I've put the rep clutch back in and all is well."

I learned the hard way.

Edit : seller of the repackaged parts was 'pentawatch' on ebay but he has a site as well.

I really appreciate it and thanks for sharing your experience on how these part’s can be resealed
So from your experience that’s the most needed parts in general?
I looked over eBay for the parts indeed packs looks old and re glued

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
I really appreciate it and thanks for sharing your experience on how these part’s can be resealed
So from your experience that’s the most needed parts in general?
I looked over eBay for the parts indeed packs looks old and re glued

Disclaimer, I'm not a watchsmith. Anyway, rep parts aren't made to the same tolerance as gen. so It's all luck of the draw. If you're lucky, you shouldn't need to replace anything. For the clone 4130, I've had deformed teeth on 2nd wheel of one Daytona, and missing tooth on ratchet wheel on another. I'd replace parts as and when are needed.

Chrono operation can be flaky on the N4130, so if you intend to use the chronograph, then upgrading the aforementioned parts (815,820) is a good strat and they're not overly expensive parts. Gen balance nice to have but not necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaberusa

Lexington_120

Somebody's watching you
12/12/20
EU

Take the service with it ... I dont think TD look inside for the movement

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
Take the service with it ... I dont think TD look inside for the movement

Apparently Lucy does:

even these VSF's subs have the best QC and quality already,but to me,I will check each one carefully and clean dust,adjust the movement,etc still,
but friends,I am real very busy,one person work,my watchsmith is very busy also,
so everyday,maybe he can only clean dust about 5~6 subs for us,
so after I send you the QC pics,if you feel ok with the QC pics,please confirm for me first,
so I will let my watchsmith clean dust for these watches preferentially,then send them out,

if the customers point out problems on the QC pics,I will reply you first,after we confirm the watch is ok,then I will take it to clean dust,

I am not like other dealers,just got it,show you QC pics,then send out directly,then it's ok,if so,it's real very easy to earn,
for each watch before send out,I need spent half an hour at least to clean dust by myself(my watchsmith open it,I clean it by myself),
so friends,after you get the QC pics,don't urge me,I will send it out for you asap,

Source

Reactions: Lexington_120

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
can I trust Marvelous with $765

is correct number below:

[email protected]

+86 186 3824 3770

he claims he has a 100% satisfaction rate on the Noob Daytonas/Clean Daytonas and is very thorough looking at the movement inside before shipping... not a single return/failure on a 4130 movement

he said 4 days QC after payment

the $800 is alot of money to me

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
can I trust Marvelous with $765

is correct number below:

[email protected]

+86 186 3824 3770

he claims he has a 100% satisfaction rate on the Noob Daytonas/Clean Daytonas and is very thorough looking at the movement inside before shipping... not a single return/failure on a 4130 movement

he said 4 days QC after payment

the $800 is alot of money to me

When in doubt always check the TD section here to see whether it's indeed a trusted dealer and these are the TD's up to date contact details
if so then you're good to go