• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

tomtom1009

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/20
In this video chinese guy showing that endlinks are wobbly
can guys who already got their watches tell is it same on their samples?

I have an simple solution to correct the sel fitting on all type of watch which normally comes from the gap between the spring bar and the sel end link

To correct correct the gap or to tighten the sel to the case you just need to use a small bit of twine which you put between the sel and the spring bar.
Depending on the gap you can use one or two pieces to fit in the sell so that when you slide in the spring bar there is no free space left.

With this method you can also adjust the position of the sel fitting by putting the twine in various positions (up, down, left or right) of the spring bar.

Here some pictures to better understand what I mean :)

Starman367

30/3/18
Indeed, almost all the markers on the left side of the dial do not seem perfectly centered. It may be an effect of the pic

I think it may be due to the pictures as well, and the marker finishing. One side of the marker may be more polished than the other causing the marker to look angled as the light reflect off of it. I guess I will know when I get mine.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
I have an simple solution to correct the sel fitting on all type of watch which normally comes from the gap between the spring bar and the sel end link

To correct correct the gap or to tighten the sel to the case you just need to use a small bit of twine which you put between the sel and the spring bar.
Depending on the gap you can use one or two pieces to fit in the sell so that when you slide in the spring bar there is no free space left.

With this method you can also adjust the position of the sel fitting by putting the twine in various positions (up, down, left or right) of the spring bar.

Nice one mate

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
I think it may be due to the pictures as well, and the marker finishing. One side of the marker may be more polished than the other causing the marker to look angled as the light reflect off of it. I guess I will know when I get mine.

yep, quite often the pictures give a different perception of reality

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
What’s your opinion about this

Not allowed, bro. Unless you already accepted it. There's always going to be that "Lug reflections are TOTALLY OFF" guy, even when you show pictures of a gen watch.

Last edited:

Neo2000

Horology Curious
26/12/21
Yes I’m happy; it was only comparison in order to have different opinion. I saw many QC picture, some are good some other less.
anyhow let’s see the first CF DAYTONA in tue hands of forum members!!!

Eseips

5/4/16

greenlighted mine, everything lines up well, good and tight SEL... very excited.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US

nice

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

greenlighted mine, everything lines up well, good and tight SEL... very excited.

This one is the best one
both top and bottom sels are slightly recessed and tight,enjoy it

Neo2000

Horology Curious
26/12/21
Anyone of the forum members has already received the daytona CF?

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I rather not. I don’t need it picked apart so I can worry about things that are probably not even an issue to begin with. I just wanted to let you guys know I got mine.

How do you like it? Have you had a noob to compare to?

Edit: not sure if you meant you received QC or the watch itself.

Last edited:

Jayfabs

7/3/18
California
How do you like it? Have you had a noob to compare to?

Edit: not sure if you meant you received QC or the watch itself.
I have only received qc pictures. This will be my first Daytona. I have seen a noob in person as a friend has one but he recently moved so I will not be able to compare. Even then as long as the watch is close I’m happy. The only things I care about are fit and finish. It just has to look like a quality piece it doesn’t have to match 100% for me to be happy.