• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Neo2000

Horology Curious
26/12/21
I’ve Just received my QC Picture.
Generally speaking in fulfilled and I’m going to get the approval

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
25/2/21
2nd QC. Rejected first due to crooked crown.

Bezel alignment could be better, chrono seconds hands is not perfectly centred but not too far off either, easy enough to fix both. Crown offset to the left maybe by a hair. Going to GL. Could be better. Could be worse.

Reactions: YellowFin

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
The more i look at those photos the more i want to accept mine already rejected watch,it looks like batches getting worse and worse
my rejectet which i will most likely accept at the end
will realign bezel

takks

7/8/15
Sorry mani have two noob v4 with4130 noob in my hands.
This movement not smooth like the vs3135.
it is even very noisy.

I have three Noob 4130, five VS3135 and one CF4130.
Of course there are some individual differences, but not enough to make a problem.
Two of my Noob and CF is very smooth, one of my VS3135 is clearly noisy than others.

Tobel

6/7/17
Hi guys,

Couple of questions as I just received my QC pics
1) is 263 a too low amplitude or is this acceptable for a 4130 clone ? Could it be because it was not wound enough?

2) how difficult is it for a modder to realign the chrono second hand if it's not resetting exactly to 0?

Thanks!

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Hi just got my QC photos, what is the optimal amplitude for this watch? Mines showing at 256deg, which is the lowest I've seen so far....
Any causes for concern?

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Wanted you guys' take on it. The chrono seconds hand is off to the left. Also hour marker at 6? Or am I being too nitpicky?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Hi guys,

Couple of questions as I just received my QC pics
1) is 263 a too low amplitude or is this acceptable for a 4130 clone ? Could it be because it was not wound enough?

2) how difficult is it for a modder to realign the chrono second hand if it's not resetting exactly to 0?

Thanks!
2) easy, I can do it myself. Just cost you money

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
25/2/21
Seems off-center chrono hand is quite common. You can do a simple hack to fix it by running the chrono and stopping it where it should be. It's not a real fix but if you can live with that, it's something you can wait to get fixed when it's service time.

Hi just got my QC photos, what is the optimal amplitude for this watch? Mines showing at 256deg, which is the lowest I've seen so far....
Any causes for concern?

It's low for a 4130. Check if it's fully wound?

I've not had lower than 284, although most end up being around 300+ after a service.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Seems off-center chrono hand is quite common. You can do a simple hack to fix it by running the chrono and stopping it where it should be. It's not a real fix but if you can live with that, it's something you can wait to get fixed when it's service time.

It's low for a 4130. Check if it's fully wound?

I've not had lower than 284, although most end up being around 300+ after a service.

Thanks for the input. Really appreciate it. I think I'll RL. The chrono hand by itself annoys me, especially knowing it's there, I was debating an RL, but especially with the combination of the amplitude. I'll take my chances.
Sigh. Here we go again.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
The more i look at those photos the more i want to accept mine already rejected watch,it looks like batches getting worse and worse
my rejectet which i will most likely accept at the end
will realign bezel

Its maybe the end of the 1st batch and TDs try to feed the previously RLed units to new customers for flush their stocks?

Bobi01

2/2/19
Its maybe the end of the 1st batch and TDs try to feed the previously RLed units to new customers for flush their stocks?

Nope trusty only had 2 samples,this mine and one guy here on forum i cant remember now,we got it first from trusty

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Hope you didn't accept it! So many issues on this one, bro.

Yeah, RL'ed it.
Chrono second hand off. Hour marker at 6 crooked. Amplitude really low.

For those lurking, I'd recommend holding off for a little while. There seems to be a lot of issues with this batch on here and Reddit.