• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
SS is less refined than gold. really, a new SS Submariner bezel is so rough you're almost ready to call it out as fake.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
SS is less refined than gold. really, a new SS Submariner bezel is so rough you're almost ready to call it out as fake.

That’s not true. I handled hundreds of genuine bezels and they’re soft at touch. In fact one of the first things one has to do to identify a rep is touching the bezel tooth. Rep ones feel like coca cola bottle caps.

Reactions: Mass action

takks

7/8/15
Describe what you think gen is like? A gen Submariner bezel when new is a rough as a rough cast wall. It will shred a shirt cuff. Remember Roger Moore's buzzsaw Sub in Live & Let Die? They didn't need to sharpen the bezel, a new Sub is like that, sharp, rough and unfinished. Any rep I have had has had a smoother than gen bezel.. So if you CF is smooth or even just a little rough, its NOT like gen. Gen is sandpaper.

I meant same as Nikz19 mentioned.
CF bezel is softer at touch then more feels Gen.
VSF has a bit deeper tooth shape, it makes offensive feelings at touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That’s not true. I handled hundreds of genuine bezels and they’re soft at touch. In fact one of the first things one has to do to identify a rep is touching the bezel tooth. Rep ones feel like coca cola bottle caps.

This is at odds with my findings. I bought a new 116610LN from an AD and the bezel edge was as rough as sandpaper.

I think maybe by the time they come to you (a watchmaker) they are used and no longer rough like new. They don't take long to lose the roughness. Maybe someone else with experience of a brand new gen SS Sub will chime in.

Last edited:
Reactions: j21

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Mark1937

​​​​​​​
jQl7mX.jpg

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I meant same as Nikz19 mentioned.
CF bezel is softer at touch then more feels Gen.
VSF has a bit deeper tooth shape, it makes offensive feelings at touch.

jQlEPi.jpg

I have no reason to spout rubbish.. I only pass on facts. Gen SS Sub bezel is rough as a buzz saw when new, fact.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I have a worn one, it is soft and silky to the touch, had it since new .. it's brand new I'm saying is rough.

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Gen SS Sub bezel is rough as a buzz saw when new, fact.

I’m thorn between believing a “fact” based on your single experience or the hundreds of genuines I handled myself being them both gen bezels installed on reps or gen 116610s and 114060s came in lab for service.

Joking lol the feeling at touch is ENTIRELY different.

Last edited:

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Controversial opinion but what I'm seeing on these websites and reddit. The quantity of vsf subs being bought and being sold by not only trusted dealers.... vsf is essentially is up and back. Yes they aren't in full production mode but these aren't necessarily "limited stock" where they will disappear forever

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I’m thorn between believing a “fact” based on your single experience or the hundreds of genuines I handled myself being them both gen bezels installed on reps or gen 116610s and 114060s came in lab for service.

Joking lol the feeling at touch is ENTIRELY different.

I have handled and owned lots of gen Subs myself. If you had a brand new one, fresh out the packet you’d understand. The bezels are sharp edged until they smooth off from wear. Doesn’t take long to smooth off but they are sharp when brand new. This is my experience. I have bought 2 brand new Subs from AD’s. I don’t want to argue about it, just sharing my experience.

Last edited:

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Hopefully coming back with the same quality or better, whatever the factory

Controversial opinion but what I'm seeing on these websites and reddit. The quantity of vsf subs being bought and being sold by not only trusted dealers.... vsf is essentially is up and back. Yes they aren't in full production mode but these aren't necessarily "limited stock" where they will disappear forever

hq12345

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/16
I agree, VSF is back albeit not officially, would love to see the no date

Reactions: Doc.77

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
I have been using my vsf yatchmaster daily for more than a year. It looks just like new. When I got it, took it to my watch guy for “service” he revised it and said no service needed. This is a masterpiece. Bring it back in 3-5 years.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I have been using my vsf yatchmaster daily for more than a year. It looks just like new. When I got it, took it to my watch guy for “service” he revised it and said no service needed. This is a masterpiece. Bring it back in 3-5 years.

Oysterflex? It's the durability of the bracelets that I think lets them down, specifically the poor quality of the pins and welds that hold it together.