• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
this was a watch that TD ( Supermirrors ) had in stock, I emailed asking more about it and its actually now gone, Probably for the best as I was ready to go for it and I know that the alignment issue would have annoyed the life our of me !
Yeah me too. Missed it by an hour or so. Date wheel was misaligned but wouldn't have bothered me, easy fix

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
My gut feeling is telling CF is trying to stay by giving the excuses of improving the insert bumps to cease their GMT supplies for now in order to avoid being raided.
Talking about improvement, it's more important for them to look into the bezel issue.

_GM8_

Horology Curious
13/7/18
Mate you may want to read the rules, you're not allowed to dump your whole set of QC pics and ask people to QC your watch sorry

Alright man, won’t bother you again.
If you took time to read my whole post tho, you would have noticed that I also posted the pictures of my watch and shared some information that Li has shared with me, which are both things that I would have liked to see before ordering the watch or while waiting for the QC. Thus, my whole post was meant to share some information, only in the last sentence I asked for some help in QC.
Anyways, I’ll read the rules more thoroughly so I don’t bother you again with my pretentious requests ;).

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Alright man, won’t bother you again.
If you took time to read my whole post tho, you would have noticed that I also posted the pictures of my watch and shared some information that Li has shared with me, which are both things that I would have liked to see before ordering the watch or while waiting for the QC. Thus, my whole post was meant to share some information, only in the last sentence I asked for some help in QC.
Anyways, I’ll read the rules more thoroughly so I don’t bother you again with my pretentious requests ;).

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

I'm not sure why you're reacting this way, I thought I had informed you respectfully that there are rules about posting QC pics. If you have information to share it is very welcome, but that does not give you the right to circumvent them.

Yes it's a CF thread and yes people are posting QC but either they are doing it the right way and for the right reasons or they are being told the same thing as you
Your request was not pretentious, it was just misinformed, that's all

Reactions: Fervid

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Li told me the watch is currently not available. So I'm also going to wait a bit longer, who knows, maybe the are able to fix the bezel insert until then. I'm not in a hurry, I have more than enough other watches :)

_GM8_

Horology Curious
13/7/18
I'm not sure why you're reacting this way, I thought I had informed you respectfully that there are rules about posting QC pics. If you have information to share it is very welcome, but that does not give you the right to circumvent them.

Yes it's a CF thread and yes people are posting QC but either they are doing it the right way and for the right reasons or they are being told the same thing as you
Your request was not pretentious, it was just misinformed, that's all

I’m not over reacting man. The other guy posted a meme making fun of me, but instead of getting angry and stuff I just found it funny and thought I’d do the same thing: thus, my meme. That’s all.
Anyways, I’ve been here for some time but never posted anything, so I never had the need to check the rules. Now that I know it, I’ll make sure to check them before making another post. Hope this clarifies everything.
Have a good day!

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
giphy.gif

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
I've been considering waiting till ARF is back and getting a BLNR from them or jumping on the Clean watch instead.

How's the bezel turning on these? is it similar to their BLRO which is really difficult to turn.

I've only used the 116710LN from ARF and VRF and the bezel turning on those have been great.

oridian

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/19
I've been considering waiting till ARF is back and getting a BLNR from them or jumping on the Clean watch instead.

How's the bezel turning on these? is it similar to their BLRO which is really difficult to turn.

I've only used the 116710LN from ARF and VRF and the bezel turning on those have been great.

Bezel turning is trash imho. Pretty similar to the BLRO - my pal has one. Nothing close to ARF (at least for mine).

Reactions: immortalchef

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

This has been widely discussed in the thread. The bezel turning is now a known issue of CF GMTs

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
The hand wobble when hour jumping in crown position 2 is due to the rep movement being based on the gen 3185 which has exactly the same characteristic. The gen 3186 was made specifically to address this issue by using a redesigned 24 hour wheel. The new gen design contains a weaker spring which is now on its third version. The hand wobble is not harmful and should be viewed as a welcome confirmation that you are using the most reliable rep GMT movement made. No others come close.

Gen jumping hour click springs compared

KJ please let me know next time your supporter fee is up. I would love to renew it for you.

I’m pretty sure that you can pony up a few bux yourself but the knowledge you pass onto this community is just worth so much more. Not just on this post, but almost every time you post.

And on top you are always polite, respectful and humble!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ please let me know next time your supporter fee is up. I would love to renew it for you.

I’m pretty sure that you can pony up a few bux yourself but the knowledge you pass onto this community is just worth so much more. Not just on this post, but almost every time you post.

And on top you are always polite, respectful and humble!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Wow, I'm touched bro. And not in the head, haha!

Seriously though, that's not necessary but thank you! You can always donate to the forum if you want. That's a great way to add value for everyone. The mods and the staff are the real heroes here, what a great place they make for us all!

Cheers, KJ :drinks_cheers:

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
guys, I also add my praise for KJ, he already knows, I repeat it often ... he is one of the pillars of this perfect machine called rwi. knowledge of him is a source of knowledge for whoever lives here.
I imagine he will have a colossal experience in the field of watchmaking but it is not only that, education, communication and relationships are at the highest level talking with him.

for me he deserves a superior position, recognition and honorable mention here in rwi.

my esteem is highest

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I wholeheartedly agree that Kj is an invaluable asset and a treasure trove of valuable details and information. In addition he’s a polite and mild mannered. He does all this and asks for nothing in return. A total class act.