• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planning to Buy a Rolex EXPLORER 2, 216570, BLACK Dial ( NOOB vs BP vs JF vs GMF )

Dragon88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/19
Hi Guys. I am new to this forum. I just joined a few days ago.
I am so delighted to learn tons of invaluable information in this site.

I am planning to purchase a Rolex Explorer 2, 216570, BLACK Dial.

To all our respectable Experts here & to those who have already purchased the Black Dial watch in the past, please Help me choose the BEST ( in terms of Aesthetics, Movement & Lumes ) among the following:

1.) NOOB 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial - A3187 - 316F SS - (Correct Hand Stack)

https://puretimewatch.io/explorer-i...tion-black-dial-a3187-correct-hand-stack.html

2.) NOOB Best Edition Black Dial - A2836 - 316F SS - (I think this is the Incorrect Hand Stack?)

https://www.intime05.co/explorer/94...216570-1-1-noob-best-edition-black-dial-.html

3.) BP Best Edition Black Dial - A3187 - 316F SS

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/3613-explorer-ii-42mm-216570-ss-bp-black-dial-a3187-.html

4.) JF V3 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial - A2836 - 316F SS

https://puretimewatch.io/explorer-i...ition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2836-v3.html

5.) GMF 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial - A3186 - 904L SS - (Correct Hand Stack) - (LATEST & the Most Expensive)

https://puretimewatch.io/explorer-i...ial-on-bracelet-a3186-correct-hand-stack.html

Your Comparative Analysis, your Insights and Advice will be highly appreciated.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and options

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I see you post whoring

We frown upon that greatly here

You've been warned

Dragon88

16/11/19
I see you post whoring

You've been warned

I am sorry if that’s what you’re thinking but that is not my intention. I am truly overwhelmingly impressed by the Rolex Explorer 2 watches being sold here and I sincerely have a serious intention of buying a Rolex Explorer 2, Black Dial. It’s ok if my post count be reset to zero. I will be more careful now.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I see you post whoring

You've been warned

J he PM'd me a few days ago. He is genuinely obsessed by the Explorer II :). Just another excited newbie entering into this weird and wonderful world.

Dragon88

16/11/19
J he PM'd me a few days ago. He is genuinely obsessed by the Explorer II :). Just another excited newbie entering into this weird and wonderful world.

Hahaha. That is absolutely spot on! Ultimately obsessed with the Explorer 2 & extremely excited as a Newbie. Perhaps, I just wasn’t able to contain my excitement, just like a kid. Hahaha

What really fueled my excitement was the juncture wherein my eyes were opened by the abundance of information I get to discover as time passes by.

I didn’t know that the Replica World is this “Big” and “Alive” where people are having so much fun, especially the collectors. That’s why I am so overwhelmingly enthusiastic to have set foot in this wondrous world.

Thanks a whole lot C Master for clearing my name. :)

Dragon88

16/11/19
My polar explorer 2 says hello

Noob CHS, and despite the so called timebomb movement it's still running nice & smooth.

I bought it more or less 1y and a half ago

Good luck with your research, my vote goes to noob

Wow. What a marvelous watch you have down there. I think the lumes are perfect. You’re putting me in a state of quandary, whether to buy Black or White, or Both lol.

Thank you very much for the advice, the pictures and the kind words Stefan :)

Reactions: 5t3f4n

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I own 3 explorer II: 2 Blacks (JF and BP) and 1 White (Noob). I used to have 5 (the other 2 were CHS which broke - I sold them).

I am not a guy who look for 1:1 or "close to gen" replica. I buy what I "like" meaning it's reliable and looks good (to me); so, my explorers are ICHS 2836 and cosmetically ok (to me). If I have time and patience, I would probably franken/mod my explorers to make them look more gen like cosmetically with ETA 2836 (I don't).

I personally like JF v3. I dislike the BP version. I don't mind my Noob. I posted comparison pictures here https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-ii-has-anyone-purchased-one-any-advice/page2

Here is a picture of my 3 explorers:

​​​​​​
IMG-2553.jpg

Reactions: Dragon88

Dragon88

16/11/19
I own 3 explorer II: 2 Blacks (JF and BP) and 1 White (Noob). I used to have 5 (the other 2 were CHS which broke - I sold them).

I am not a guy who look for 1:1 or "close to gen" replica. I buy what I "like" meaning it's reliable and looks good (to me); so, my explorers are ICHS 2836 and cosmetically ok (to me). If I have time and patience, I would probably franken/mod my explorers to make them look more gen like cosmetically with ETA 2836 (I don't).

I personally like JF v3. I dislike the BP version. I don't mind my Noob. I posted comparison pictures here https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...y-advice/page2

Here is a picture of my 3 explorers:

​​​​​​
IMG-2553.jpg

Thank you very much for your insight efajri :)

What are your thoughts on the New GMF release? It is the latest and the most expensive. I was thinking, since it is the latest and the most expensive to date, it must be the Best? Do you also have plans of owning it? to complete your collection? lol

Here is the link of the New GMF release:

https://puretimewatch.io/explorer-ii...and-stack.html

POLL COUNT as of date

NOOB CHS - 1
NOOB ICHS - 1
JF V3 - 1
BP - 0
GMF - 0

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Thank you very much for your insight efajri :)

What are your thoughts on the New GMT release? It is the latest and the most expensive. I was thinking, since it is the latest and the most expensive to date, it must be the Best? Do you also have plans of owning it? to complete your collection? lol

Here is the link of the New GMT release:

https://puretimewatch.io/explorer-ii...and-stack.html

POLL COUNT as of date

NOOB CHS - 1
NOOB ICHS - 1
JF V3 - 1
BP - 0
GMT - 0

Well, my "best" and your "best" may totally be different.

As I mentioned in my post earlier, I don't look for 1:1 or "close to genuine" replica. If the fake watch looks good to me, and the movement can be easily repaired or replaced, I would consider it good. I own over 60 watches of replicas and genuine, and I wear each once a week every year. So, I don't really follow new release or new version replicas until I notice something is wrong with the watch I own.

In term of being the Best because it is the latest and expensive; that is a false assumption. Being the latest version, the factory may only upgrade the steel quality or it has a better lettering on dials which only few people would notice. As for the expensive, the price hike is driven by the legal situation in China or new members keep scamming the dealers or a marketing gimmick which often states 1:1 or AAA.

So my opinion for the best is probably different than yours. My only advice is to buy what you like, and it will make you happy.

Last edited:

Dragon88

16/11/19
Well, my "best" and your "best" may totally be different.

As I mentioned in my post earlier, I don't look for 1:1 or "close to genuine" replica. If the fake watch looks good to me, and the movement can be easily repaired or replaced, I would consider it good. I own over 60 watches of replicas and genuine, and I wear each once a week every year. So, I don't really follow new release or new version replicas until I notice something is wrong with the watch I own.

In term of being the Best because it is the latest and expensive; that is a false assumption. Being the latest version, the factory may only upgrade the steel quality or it has a better lettering on dials which only few people would notice. As for the expensive, the price hike is driven by the legal situation in China or new members keep scamming the dealers or a marketing gimmick which often states 1:1 or AAA.

So my opinion for the best is probably different than yours. My only advice is to buy what you like, and it will make you happy.

Yes, you are right, my “best” and your “best” may be totally different.

And yes, the bottom line always is what makes one happy.

Thank you very much for your wise advice regarding latest releases and price. I will keep these in mind.

Thank you very much for all your advice bro. I sincerely appreciate it. :)

Dragon88

16/11/19
Buy a Noob 2836 ICHS and send it to someone to relume the dial markers. No need to risk purchasing a timebomb CHS movement.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo.../304335-why-the-chs-gmt-movements-are-failing

BTW, the new one is GMF, not GMT. Change your posts that you can still edit.

Thank you very much for your advice KJ2020. :)

Correction from “GMT” to “GMF” done. Newbie slipup lol. Thank you for the correction.

LATEST POLL COUNT

NOOB CHS - 1
NOOB ICHS - 2
JF V3 - 1
BP - 0
GMF - 0

Reactions: KJ2020

m5smg2

Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Hello. If I may add my thought here. To date the Noob 42 EXP is still the most accurate and beautifully finished, including the unique sunburst brushing on the bezel with beveled edge. The dial is also the best printing and the orange looks correct and matches the 24 hour hand orange. Some of the lume application on the hands can be iffy on these, but barely noticeable on the wrist.

I know the BP is off and the GMF is kinda there but that Orange mismatch on the dial print and 24 hand is an eye soar. That just screams fake.

JF did not get it right either, despite 3 attempts. However, I have it on good authority ARF (JF) will release a proper 1:1 in 904L with their new SH3186 cone movement.

The 316F Noob CHS is 100% my first choice now, and they’re on sale now on most TDS. The movement can be reliable if you take care of the date setting procedure (many threads on this).

Beyond the Noob, I’m waiting on the ARF with 3186 clone :)

165c89847ef977e273aa61324a1739f2.plist
60a337d7dde1f7b1b55de2d81a5dcb87.plist

Dragon88

16/11/19
Hello. If I may add my thought here. To date the Noob 42 EXP is still the most accurate and beautifully finished, including the unique sunburst brushing on the bezel with beveled edge. The dial is also the best printing and the orange looks correct and matches the 24 hour hand orange. Some of the lume application on the hands can be iffy on these, but barely noticeable on the wrist.

I know the BP is off and the GMF is kinda there but that Orange mismatch on the dial print and 24 hand is an eye soar. That just screams fake.

JF did not get it right either, despite 3 attempts. However, I have it on good authority ARF (JF) will release a proper 1:1 in 904L with their new SH3186 cone movement.

The 316F Noob CHS is 100% my first choice now, and they’re on sale now on most TDS. The movement can be reliable if you take care of the date setting procedure (many threads on this).

Beyond the Noob, I’m waiting on the ARF with 3186 clone :)

165c89847ef977e273aa61324a1739f2.plist
60a337d7dde1f7b1b55de2d81a5dcb87.plist

Thank you very much for your insight m5smg2. :)

“GMF is kinda there but that Orange mismatch on the dial print and 24 hand is an eye soar. That just screams fake.” —— This is hilarious. LOL.

“The 316F Noob CHS is 100% my first choice now, and they’re on sale now on most TDS. The movement can be reliable if you take care of the date setting procedure (many threads on this).” —— If you have the time, can you please send the link(s) for the date setting procedure?

Did your source give you an idea as to when ARF will release theirs?

LATEST POLL COUNT

NOOB CHS - 2
NOOB ICHS - 2
JF V3 - 1
BP - 0
GMF - 0

Dragon88

16/11/19
One of my favorite pics showing the Polar dial with orange accents and Noobs beautifully finished sunburst brushed bezel.

8180d5b76aac3224f0690964d561056a.plist

Simply Adorable...

Do you have Pics that show the Lumes on the watch?
If you have the time, can you please send them?

The lumes of Stefan’s NOOB CHS watch, as ahown in the Pic above, are perfect.