• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planning to Buy a Rolex EXPLORER 2, 216570, BLACK Dial ( NOOB vs BP vs JF vs GMF )

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Dragon88 While Noob is still the top of the heap IMO, don't forget the current batch has grey markers, not white. It will need to be re-lumed. Also highly recommend the ICHS movement (2836).

Reactions: vcappp and Dragon88

Dragon88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/19
Dragon88 While Noob is still the top of the heap IMO, don't forget the current batch has grey markers, not white. It will need to be re-lumed. Also highly recommend the ICHS movement (2836).

Thank you very much for the heads up bro. You are very helpful.

Do you have an idea where I can buy a very nice ReLume Set for the Explorer 2, 216570?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you very much for the heads up bro. You are very helpful.

Do you have an idea where I can buy a very nice ReLume Set for the Explorer 2, 216570?

If you really want to do this right you need a BG W9 kit. The letters denote the colors of the lume: (W)hite in daylight (B)lue(G)reen glow. Kit is pretty hard to find and runs about $100.

i spent several days finding this vendor because others were out of stock. You will want to practice this first on some throwaway dial markers with some other cheap lume from Amazon or ebay. Even then it's something not everyone can do well. The markers will have to come off the dial to be cleaned out of the old lume. This mod is a higher skill level one.

http://www.uhrenwerkzeuge24.de/superluminova-leuchtfarben-set-bg-w9.php

Reactions: Dragon88

Dragon88

16/11/19
If you really want to do this right you need a BG W9 kit. The letters denote the colors of the lume: (W)hite in daylight (B)lue(G)reen glow. Kit is pretty hard to find and runs about $100.

i spent several days finding this vendor because others were out of stock. You will want to practice this first on some throwaway dial markers with some other cheap lume from Amazon or ebay. Even then it's something not everyone can do well. The markers will have to come off the dial to be cleaned out of the old lume. This mod is a higher skill level one.

http://www.uhrenwerkzeuge24.de/superluminova-leuchtfarben-set-bg-w9.php

Dragon88

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...a3186-movement

Lot of trouble IMO for a reversal of positions for 2 hands. Not to mention it can break easily even if you always do it right.

I don’t know if I have the talent, skill and time to do all these. Lol.

But THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all the help, the significant information and advice you have imparted to me bro. You have been UNSELFISH & VERY HELPFUL. You’re helping not only me, but also the whole RWI Community. May you be BLESSED for your kindness. :)

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don’t know if I have the talent, skill and time to do all these. Lol.

But THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all the help, the significant information and advice you have imparted to me bro. You have been UNSELFISH & VERY HELPFUL. You’re helping not only me, but also the whole RWI Community. May you be BLESSED for your kindness. :)

You're welcome bro, this is what forum communities are for!

kkean

14/11/19
I am about to order the Noob CHS Explorer II. Trusty offers good discounts at the moment.

Dragon88

16/11/19
I am about to order the Noob CHS Explorer II. Trusty offers good discounts at the moment.

Good luck on your purchase bro. Hope everything will go smoothly. Hope you can post pictures when you receive it.

LATEST POLL COUNT

NOOB CHS - 3
NOOB ICHS - 2
JF V3 - 1
BP - 0
GMF - 0

Reactions: kkean

Dragon88

16/11/19
Just sharing the post of chocolito in another thread - “[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs” started by Omagad

“Brilliant but the comparative on the EXPLORER 216570 has already been done . The best version is still the NOOB CHS that's why it is on this list as ' first class ' . There are a still lots of flaws on the NOOB and CHS movement is purchased at the buyers risk . However it is the best that is why it is on this list and the others aren't .”

The NOOB CHS is on the CONSENSUAL LIST Super Reps NWBIGs.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

LATEST POLL COUNT

NOOB CHS - 4 - on the [CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs
NOOB ICHS - 2
JF V3 - 1
BP - 0
GMF - 0

brud

Horology Curious
24/7/16
Canada
Since I value serviceability over CHS, I went with the JF V3 in order to get the 2836 movement, just wanted to add my data to the list.

Reactions: KJ2020

Dragon88

16/11/19
Since I value serviceability over CHS, I went with the JF V3 in order to get the 2836 movement, just wanted to add my data to the list.

Thank you for your insight man. :)

LATEST POLL COUNT

NOOB ICHS - 2
JF V3 - 2
BP - 0
GMF - 0

Reactions: brud

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've not seen anyone else mention this and I know OP is looking for a black dial but it struck me since I've been dabbling in lume that the black dial Noob lume may be OK. And the reason the white dial lume looks dark may well be because the white dial markers are black. To get a bright white lume color during the day, a technique often used is to spread a thin coat of white paint in the marker well and let it dry before applying the lume. I would not be surprised if the Noob white dial markers were just entirely painted black, including the wells where the lume resides. This makes much more sense in explaining the enormous numbers of dark looking markers than bad lume mixes as I had previously postulated.

Reactions: adj and Dragon88

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just sharing the post of chocolito in another thread - “[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs” started by Omagad

“Brilliant but the comparative on the EXPLORER 216570 has already been done . The best version is still the NOOB CHS that's why it is on this list as ' first class ' . There are a still lots of flaws on the NOOB and CHS movement is purchased at the buyers risk . However it is the best that is why it is on this list and the others aren't .”

The NOOB CHS is on the CONSENSUAL LIST Super Reps NWBIGs.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...er-reps-nwbigs

LATEST POLL COUNT

NOOB ICHS - 2
JF V3 - 1
BP - 0
GMF - 0

"CHS movement is purchased at the buyers risk"

Unnecessary risk my friend, especially on your first rep. Nobody will ever ask you about the hand stack. The GMT hand is only near the hour hand about 2 hours a day and with this model's hands having black roots on a black dial it's even less of a factor. Don't let a tiny, brief visual flaw sway you into buying a hugely flawed, easily broken, non-repairable movement.

Last edited:

adj

Known Member
12/4/19
Here my dear old chs noob still working smoothly. My everyday watch, SHE follows me in the shower every given day. it doesn't give any problem at all!

Reactions: KJ2020 and Dragon88

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Here my dear old chs noob still working smoothly. My everyday watch, SHE follows me in the shower every given day. it doesn't give any problem at all!

Don’t you think her date is a bit low? Also looks like the hour hand is significantly out of sync/ slow comparative to the minute hand.