• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP HELP! Shipment Box arrived opened and no watches inside

thyco72

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/12/15
Hi guys I've got a serious problem here. I bought from a TD 3 watches... triangled shipment through UK to Italy... tracked the package every step. this morning arrived at office...

I asked the guys to take video of opening just in case (because Italian post service does crap I wanted to eventually state problems on crashed watches dial or whatever)..

now the point is.. once opened there were only 3 onions...

from china to uk everything was fine.. because the envelope box started from UK therefore has started from there the shipment to italy. now the point is what to do :(

the box was closed on arrival but on second inspection, once opened we had to realize that the box had already been opened somewhere in the middle and re-scotched again.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Your onions made me tear.. On a serious note, contact your TD.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Vedelias? Those F’n Dego’s cazzo! Sorry for your inconvenience keep us peeled.

Don't Mind Me, I'm here for complications!

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Sorry to say this but lesson 1 is don't ship 3 watches together, thought you might have picked that up in the 2 years you've been here. That said its a shitty thing to have happened so I feel for you. Out of interest, what were the watches and who were they from? What can you do about it? Nothing. Its not the TD's fault and you can't say the package was lost or seized. Neither can you tell exactly when, where and by whom the watches were nicked and even if you could what exactly could you do, you're importing counterfeit goods! I would let your TD know and see what they have to say, but they aren't under any obligation and I think you will have to right them off. Next time pay the extra postage and have them sent individually.

D

d4m.test

OMG contact your TD immediately! I bet someone stole your watches T_T

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
the point is I've been asking the TD not to relay on italian post ... and the rules I've usually applied was no more than 3 watches all together. It's the second time I buy from this TD (supermirror).. and were one Navitimer World GMT and 2 Oyster Perpetual (rhodium and blue dial).
when the package arrived I was out of office and requested the guys to open it for me and share video to see if everything was fine. We were ending up that we could get to fight because I thougth they had made me a joke.. as you might see in the video they start to laugh but just because themselves thought it was a joke..

was not at all.. as you can see in the video the scotch tape was properly set... and they could not state it was a second layer of scotch over the first...

we have been waiting since 28th of September... and from uk had been quite quick... .

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
but... the shipment was with insurance by British mail .. (we suppose by kind of mail product -> Intl Tracked & Signed)

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
But it’s only me that happened smtg...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Sead packs the watches perfectly and I'm pretty sure you'd notice if there was something wrong BEFORE you opened the package. He uses new boxes and very strong tape and I doubt that any person that might have stolen the watches in transit would have exactly the same tape and apply it perfectly on top of original tape. Ask your co-workers how they like their new watches...

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
And it's interesting how the thief found onions that fit so well in the box and weigh exactly the same...

TitleistRolex

Renowned Member
8/12/15
CONUS
Future purchases especially being in UK or Europe, i would pay the extra shipping costs to have them shipped separately. Sorry it happened...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
Sead packs the watches perfectly and I'm pretty sure you'd notice if there was something wrong BEFORE you opened the package. He uses new boxes and very strong tape and I doubt that any person that might have stolen the watches in transit would have exactly the same tape and apply it perfectly on top of original tape. Ask your co-workers how they like their new watches...

Therion666 the co workers are part (2 of them) waiting for watches as well. The point is that if you watch carefully the video you will notice that it has been properly taped on the previous tape... the original tape was only opened on the bottom side not on the lateral...

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
And it's interesting how the thief found onions that fit so well in the box and weigh exactly the same...

What should happen with weight change?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
You can compare the weight of the package you received with the weight stated on the label. After that you can go stuff those onions inside your postmans a$$.
Are onions fresh? Or smelly and squashed?

I think that your coworkers have their watches and now they'll get their money from you too. I'd personally buy two cheap nato straps,poke holes into onions and make them wear it on their wrists .

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
View attachment 82847
bHXm5b
bHXm5b

as you can see the package has done several stop once in italy...
A) first I'm wondering, do UE custom has x-ray to see within packages?
B) what can i tell for complain to italian post offices?
C) might have happened in uk? not so sure.. onions were fresh... and the box was not smelling.. would say no more than 2 - 3 days?
D) someone (therion) was giving an interesting approach about weight.. how can we manage the point about change in weight during delivery?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
There is a label on the parcel and you can also see how much the parcel weighed when posted. Now you can put everything you received in the parcel and the box on the scale and see it the weight matches.
Now here in Slovenia all the parcels coming from the UK are handled by GLS. GLS put their own label on the parcel that also includes information on weight. This way I could theoretically know where to look.
I don't think that outbound parcels are scanned in the UK.
I don't think you can do anything about it as far as postal service goes, you have received the package. You have an option not to accept it when it's being delivered, if you would notice something suspicious...There's also no description of contents on the box..there's not much you can complain about, unless they also weigh inbound parcels.
But it's really interesting that the same type of tape was used on top of original tape.

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
There is a label on the parcel and you can also see how much the parcel weighed when posted. Now you can put everything you received in the parcel and the box on the scale and see it the weight matches.
Now here in Slovenia all the parcels coming from the UK are handled by GLS. GLS put their own label on the parcel that also includes information on weight. This way I could theoretically know where to look.
I don't think that outbound parcels are scanned in the UK.
I don't think you can do anything about it as far as postal service goes, you have received the package. You have an option not to accept it when it's being delivered, if you would notice something suspicious...There's also no description of contents on the box..there's not much you can complain about, unless they also weigh inbound parcels.
But it's really interesting that the same type of tape was used on top of original tape.

no wait. not same type of tape.. over the original tape they have placed a transparent one. so a quick look (imagine how much you can care when all you want to check is that the envelope has no visible damage and is closed... ) would not give any evidence. talking about the issue in the "bella vita" (Italian section) a nice one is coming out. I might have been caught by random inspection and custom guys have made the joke (keeping the watches for themselves...) also total weight has get attention.. being 3 watches... but not to forget on the envelope there were no sender specs... so no way out to get back to sender... :(

Repguy

Renowned Member
31/12/13
no wait. not same type of tape.. over the original tape they have placed a transparent one. so a quick look (imagine how much you can care when all you want to check is that the envelope has no visible damage and is closed... ) would not give any evidence. talking about the issue in the "bella vita" (Italian section) a nice one is coming out. I might have been caught by random inspection and custom guys have made the joke (keeping the watches for themselves...) also total weight has get attention.. being 3 watches... but not to forget on the envelope there were no sender specs... so no way out to get back to sender... :(

I'm sorry this happened to you, but you got burned on this one. The TD will not ship out replacements due to the fact the package was delivered and accepted, so it's unfortunately a loss. I would also be curious about the co-worker situation, but without evidence you shouldn't accuse them of anything.

Many members, myself included, request multi watch shipments separately to avoid total loss situations like this. It also reduces the risk of customs seizing a package of multiple watches and considering you a dealer, which will land you in serious trouble if they pursue it.