• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP HELP! Shipment Box arrived opened and no watches inside

thyco72

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/12/15
I'm sorry this happened to you, but you got burned on this one. The TD will not ship out replacements due to the fact the package was delivered and accepted, so it's unfortunately a loss. I would also be curious about the co-worker situation, but without evidence you shouldn't accuse them of anything.

Many members, myself included, request multi watch shipments separately to avoid total loss situations like this. It also reduces the risk of customs seizing a package of multiple watches and considering you a dealer, which will land you in serious trouble if they pursue it.

RepGuy sincerly co-workers really are not at all the kind. they are shareholders and trusted people I've been working for the last 5 yrs and would not need to steal 350€ each.. (btw... 2 out of 4 were waiting with me for the watch).

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
Tomorrow maybe you are back saying they played a practical joke on you. It's strange to me that they laugh rather than being shocked first...

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I think as well that they are pulling your leg..they are now somewhere in the bar laughing or in a whatsapp group doing the same. Hell, they even might be here on the forum reading this post. I’m sure you’ll find your watch tomorrow once you come into the office.

Anyhow, good luck solving this quest..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
Guys i left office for an appointment 1/4 hour before postman arrived and due to tracking I knew today delivery would be done... they thought it was me to have done the joke with postman intercepting the package

They started to send me picture and video telling me not to joke and me replying the same. When i got back to office we were close to boxe because neither me nor them would admit it was a joke to be given an end (I sincerly not whish you to get you and friends both thinking the other is pissing you around)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Eh, I am voting for "Office Prank/Joke" scenario.
Maybe someone brought in a couple of onions for lunch and thought it would be hilarious to prank a serious office fellow.
I would've used rocks, though. No sense wasting them tasty onions.

Repguy

Renowned Member
31/12/13
Eh, I am voting for "Office Prank/Joke" scenario.
Maybe someone brought in a couple of onions for lunch and thought it would be hilarious to prank a serious office fellow.
I would've used rocks, though. No sense wasting them tasty onions.

Who eats raw onions for lunch? It reminds me of that one smelly kid everyone had at their school

D

d4m.test

And it's interesting how the thief found onions that fit so well in the box and weigh exactly the same...
true. but I'm not sure if the package is reweighed/verified along the way. I think it is only weighed in the beginning and the cost of shipping is based off that weight.

I doubt it was the TD, but I would weigh the package material and the onions just to see if the weight matches the weight that's on the postage.

who else could have known what was in that package?
I'm thinking there are only 2 viable suspects:

1- the customs agent could see from the x-rays what was in the box (and just happened to have some onions handy) decided to keep the watches for themselves. They would know you wouldn't dare challenge them because you knowingly purchased illegal counterweight merchandise.

2- your co-workers. I know it doesn't seem likely, but they could have easily done it and split the bounty. you weren't there, you would never know. as far as the video, they could have filmed the opening once, seen the watches were really nice, decided to keep them, repack the box with something (onions) and then filmed the opening for a 2nd time, making the video that you see. you never know a person is a dirtbag until they screw you over.
or
its possible that they may be playing a prank on you and will give them back to you later.

sorry for you loss. that really sucks!

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
Update: Unfortunately is the 2nd time it happen with the post office in Padova (padua) in italy in the last week with rw forum member. Another guy was expecting a gmt2 and was given an empty envelope. Just discovered in “la dolce vita” italian section. Unfortunately in Italy you cannot relay on Italian Post services but only on UPS or DHL :(

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I watched the video 4 times. Some things I noticed which stand out:

Nobody is talking in the video - unusual for the Italians.

The guy opening the box looks like he's expecting it to explode at any minute - he's being far too theatrical, taking his time, making sure we can see the knife in his hand etc - not natural at all - it's staged.

There are 2 types of tape on the box - it would be instantly noticeable if somebody had cut and resealed the tape, because the tapes are different.

Some body can be heard sniggering in the background long before the box gets opened.

IMO either an attempt at scamming or an attempt at humour.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Pretty funny. It's not Star Wars shampoo but still pretty funny.

D

d4m.test

The guy opening the box looks like he's expecting it to explode at any minute - he's being far too theatrical, taking his time, making sure we can see the knife in his hand etc - not natural at all - it's staged.

There are 2 types of tape on the box - it would be instantly noticeable if somebody had cut and resealed the tape, because the tapes are different.

Some body can be heard sniggering in the background long before the box gets opened.

Yeah this could be a scene in a scene, how do you prove that the box wasnt open by your guys before the video. I don't trust the custom people at some countries neither.

D

d4m.test

Why is that guy laughing before you even opened the box...?

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
We've had more than one of these types of threads that end up being a scam attempt but this one sure sounds like a practical joke.

Awaiting the reveal!

D

d4m.test

You and I had a minor run-in earlier today but I'm completely with you on this one... And you're being generous with the last scenario. I'd be more believeable if not for the video which seems staged, to say the least. Also, who'd ask a mate to film the unboxing (who's laughing before it's opened, mind you)... Really weird.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Yep. OP may not be in on it but it's a gag.

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
Guys you run to fast... in the italian section there are at least 3 stated cases thanks to f...king italian post service in the last 7days.. pay attention on M2M using normal post service.