• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP HELP! Shipment Box arrived opened and no watches inside

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
Explain the laughter before the package is opened...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Yeah I also think you are playing us [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Laughter was due to happiness of about to unbox three new fresh watches. :cheese:
No it wasn't. That was sh!t eatin' look what we did laughter.

Repguy

Renowned Member
31/12/13
Call me pessimistic, but the more I read the thread, the more it's starting to look like a potential scam attempt. Nothing against you personally, but this sort of thing has been attempted before, and failed.

1. Why would you have your coworkers open your package? They could have just as easily held it for you without opening it. It's odd.

2. Like others have said, why the need to film the opening? And you still haven't addressed the obvious snickering prior to opening the box, or the fact the entire thing looks staged.

3. A big concern is your emphasis how the Italian section has multiple reports of stolen mail from the local postal service. You keep bringing this up to the point it looks suspicious.

4. You are adamant your coworkers can't be pranking you or otherwise, even with members pointing out potential concerns in the video.

Like I said before, at this moment, I have no clue what's really going on, but it seems to be building up to the point where you may ask the TD to replace the stolen watches (although they won't do this). I sincerely hope it is just a prank by your friends and you get those watches, but things aren't necessarily adding up to me.

babyrack815

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/16
TX
Someone has to peel back the layers...

7bae5b200623a61d87a358df6abac738.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Guys you run to fast... in the italian section there are at least 3 stated cases thanks to f...king italian post service in the last 7days.. pay attention on M2M using normal post service.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thou doth protest too much. I call BS. [emoji57]

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
You and I had a minor run-in earlier today but I'm completely with you on this one... And you're being generous with the last scenario. I'd be more believeable if not for the video which seems staged, to say the least. Also, who'd ask a mate to film the unboxing (who's laughing before it's opened, mind you)... Really weird.

You call that minor ? I'm psychologically scarred for life.

Saylle

24/1/17
well i guess i need to start filming my packages now as well [emoji15]
btw had a similar incident recently: i ordered two bracelets from crappy dhgate and while the packing info said two bracelets, only one was in the box

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Il_picaro

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/6/17
I watched the video 4 times. Some things I noticed which stand out:

Nobody is talking in the video - unusual for the Italians.

The guy opening the box looks like he's expecting it to explode at any minute - he's being far too theatrical, taking his time, making sure we can see the knife in his hand etc - not natural at all - it's staged.

There are 2 types of tape on the box - it would be instantly noticeable if somebody had cut and resealed the tape, because the tapes are different.

Some body can be heard sniggering in the background long before the box gets opened.

IMO either an attempt at scamming or an attempt at humour.

am Italian, watching the video, even to me I have the same doubts about it

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
RepGuy...

1-> they would be opening the package because also them were waiting for 2 watches... (I think is the 3rd time I state it!) so after having seen me receive several watches in the last 2 yrs (from TD's and M2M) for the first time inside the package there were also their watches...

2-> the need for fiming unboxing? because we had issues with Amazon Prime and with a supplier . Once you know what Italian Post service look like you will start to be careful about complains... (just try to google... )

3) -> currently in italy, since start of september there is strike of Italian Post Service (and reasons behind are for low wages and the result of the strike is really crazy... ).

MY OFFICE IS LOCATED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COUNTRYSIDE NEAR VENICE. WE HAD SEVERAL ISSUES WITH POSTMAN NOT DELIVERING GOODS AND ONLY UPS OR DHL ARE RELIABLE FOR US...

as update I've asked the TD to resend watches and us repaying the shipment with separate shipment from uk to italy using DHL (up to us). Anyway I want to go to police to complain officially. My risk is a 200€ fine for having bought a replica (administrative fine) but the sender from uk (and therefore us) can receive the money back for the value covered.

Call me pessimistic, but the more I read the thread, the more it's starting to look like a potential scam attempt. Nothing against you personally, but this sort of thing has been attempted before, and failed.

1. Why would you have your coworkers open your package? They could have just as easily held it for you without opening it. It's odd.

2. Like others have said, why the need to film the opening? And you still haven't addressed the obvious snickering prior to opening the box, or the fact the entire thing looks staged.

3. A big concern is your emphasis how the Italian section has multiple reports of stolen mail from the local postal service. You keep bringing this up to the point it looks suspicious.

4. You are adamant your coworkers can't be pranking you or otherwise, even with members pointing out potential concerns in the video.

Like I said before, at this moment, I have no clue what's really going on, but it seems to be building up to the point where you may ask the TD to replace the stolen watches (although they won't do this). I sincerely hope it is just a prank by your friends and you get those watches, but things aren't necessarily adding up to me.

Kentman

Known Member
5/5/16
Why would the dealer ship more watches to you though? They were not seized by customs and your colleagues signed for the delivery saying it was received in good condition. What if he did reship and the onion jokers got to the watches first, would you expect him to send another three?

I really think that you need to chalk this up to experience, only open your post yourself, and maybe try a new TD.

Awesomeo

13/9/13
Not a great idea to have your full name, business name and tracking details publicly available. Or maybe it is - you might get some more onions headed your way.

You can send your TD the video, they can contact their repackager in the UK to verify whether they use that corded tape. Not as common as others (being transparent and corded that is).

Also there are 4 onions in there you hack fraud.

thyco72

Banned
21/12/15
Why would the dealer ship more watches to you though? They were not seized by customs and your colleagues signed for the delivery saying it was received in good condition. What if he did reship and the onion jokers got to the watches first, would you expect him to send another three?

I really think that you need to chalk this up to experience, only open your post yourself, and maybe try a new TD.

Because the TD was asked not to use public service as shipment but use dhl! and that said.. I've just discovered there was not even any kind of compensation in case of theft or missing envelope. I'm currently asking to resend watches and we will contribute for shipment into separate package using private carriers

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
Usually the TD would ask for proof of customs seizure. Are you saying the TD is resending watches based on your video? If so that's really lucky

Sent from my iPhone using RWI