• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Some people have already had locolouise's case thinning mod on the 15400 and reported it feels as good as gen. Can't find the posts but quick search will reveal it. With his mod, could be considered a first class rep with the V2J version (rather than the v2) due to better tap etc. on the blue but white is still quite far off apparently and some much needed QC is still needed. However, even with loco's mod, still not super rep status imo.

I think the same but lets wait for more feedback.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I think not with that tacky movement on display. IMHO very hard for a display caseback watch to be NWBIG or Super Rep.

I don’t know if I’d call the rep movement tacky ...... the new v2J has updated the movement finishing and I think it looks amazing!! I’m not sure the visual difference warrants the extra £14k on the movement alone

Rep:
8a1f3a869b2a22d231e6b0233ad735da.jpg

Gen:
765a9eaea4ef6d82b5954a5a90150928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

From various posts and videos, the biggest giveaway for the 15400 is the dial. The gen has an absolutely breathtaking sheen, especially on the white dial. As for the movement, I find the rubies to be the main differentiator, at least through pictures. I have yet to see a rep where the rubies don't look like cheaply painted plastic unfit for a lego collection.

PhilRRS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/4/17
dont think that 15400 has the dial as the major problem. Many people already stated - the back is the major flaw. Thats why the diver v7 is the super rep - closed case.

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
From various posts and videos, the biggest giveaway for the 15400 is the dial. The gen has an absolutely breathtaking sheen, especially on the white dial. As for the movement, I find the rubies to be the main differentiator, at least through pictures. I have yet to see a rep where the rubies don't look like cheaply painted plastic unfit for a lego collection.

I don't think the rubies are too much of an issue. All watchmakers, no exceptions use synthetic corundum for watch bearings as there is not sufficient consistency in natural corundum. Some have a pinkish hue and others have more saturation but it has no bearing ( excuse the pun) on the efficacy. As I type I am looking at a German movement with 71 Jewels all of a very pale colour.

I agree regarding the dial. As far as the movement is concerned , it is just completely different.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I don't think the rubies are too much of an issue. All watchmakers, no exceptions use synthetic corundum for watch bearings ans there is not sufficient consistency in natural corundum. Some have a pinkish hue and others have more saturation but it has no bearing ( excuse the pun) on the efficacy. As I type I am looking at a German movement with 71 Jewels all of a very pale colour.

I agree regarding the dial. As far as the movement is concerned , it is just completely different.

Yeah, actually only two watches with open case back have the status.

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17
If the rest of the batch looks the same as the 3 sets of QC pics I've seen so far, this "V5" is probably the worst batch so far.
Was planning to get one too. Undecided now. Waiting on more feedback.
Plus if that's the case need to update the thread to reflect this so people don't get the wrong batch thinking it's super rep

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Was planning to get one too. Undecided now. Waiting on more feedback

Well I wouldn't classify it as a super rep, but it definitely is still a first class rep... And that reflective dial is definitely still something special.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
What about the Rolex Yachtmaster 116655 Everose Gold ? The Noob version seems to be quite good... maybe not a super rep but a NWBIG IMHO.

Rolex Yacht-Master (YM) Everose Gold (RG) Gen VS Rep (Noob JF) (Note: Pics Heavy!)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=16787&share_tid=348016&url=https://forum.replica-watch.info/index.php?threads/Rolex-Yacht-Master-(YM)-Everose-Gold-(RG)-Gen-VS-Rep-(Noob-JF)-(Note:pics-Heavy!).348016/&share_type=t

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Really unsure about that, dial, dw,....

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Yeah you're right, I forgot about the datewheel, but after changing it, I'd consider it as first class

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Bezel is really better on the JF too... actually both are great but with very visible flaws. We could consider this model when one gets it mostly right.