• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17
+1 on this question please. I found an A2824 and A2892 ... From what I've read here, the A2892 is a more polished, higher end movement. In regards to super rep, which movement is preferred?

Replies for cartier are hard to come by!
I think the genuine has A2892 (puretime has this on website) so in theory is more closer to genuine.
But the watch is a closed casebook, and I think with the A2824, has no difference In dail/texture etc and most TD have it
Going for A2824 myself

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
@ohmygad does the hbb v6 ss refer to the one with or without red markers?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

ahaddad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/12/16
@ohmygad does the hbb v6 ss refer to the one with or without red markers?

8c5c474ef11ebe3397afb7894e8b3048.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Great post.

I will contribute to your list by adding 4 watches to it:
1. Ebel 1911 discovery chronograph panda dial
2. Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono gray dial (All other colors are sub par)
3. IWC Aquatimer Cousteau diver 2008
4. Omega Ploprof V2

These 4 watches plus JLC NSD (in the under discussion list already) and IWC inge by noob (in the super rep list already) are the most well-made products in 2012.

Kind regards,

Ibrahim

punksterz626

Horology Curious
14/7/17
Can someone confirm if this is the watch for

Hublot Big Bang V6 SS (the dark models only and not the carbon fiber one)

Thank you.

Hublot-Big-Bang-301.SB_.131.RX_.jpg

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Great post.

I will contribute to your list by adding 4 watches to it:
1. Ebel 1911 discovery chronograph panda dial
2. Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono gray dial (All other colors are sub par)
3. IWC Aquatimer Cousteau diver 2008
4. Omega Ploprof V2

These 4 watches plus JLC NSD (in the under discussion list already) and IWC inge by noob (in the super rep list already) are the most well-made products in 2012.

Kind regards,

Ibrahim

Thanks, please specify factories :)

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
@timnic54 @Omagad, wouldnt we want to consider audio effects while considering status of reps (out of the box) as NWBIG or superReps?

Today I got back into my car after a short visit to a store. After I pushed the ignition on, I was still hearing a scratching/rattling noise for a few seconds. Concerned, I started thinking, hearing, looking around and then realized it was the stupid miyota movement in the 15400! If there were 3 more passengers in that well sound insulated car, and all had assumed that the 15400 was real, blindfolded, they would have spotted a tell.

I understand the idea, but nope, I think we shouldn't. :)

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
@Omagad

I was looking at some of the SevenFriday reps and I did some visual comparisons for the P1-1. Was watching a review by Hodinkee (links below) and compared it V6F picture on Watch Oulet's website and SWF on ChazingTime. I'd agree that the general sentiment that SevenFriday reps are all NWBIG and are of very high quality is true. But I'd like to point out that in the Hodinkee review, the dial inscriptions are silver coloured as compared to the black/grey coloured ones on the rep. If anyone is looking out for the inscriptions, it's all the words excluding SEVEN FRIDAY. It should be quite obvious that there is a big difference in colour between the Gen vs Rep. Not that it's a deal breaker but it's something to consider.

Also, the M series are not all Super Reps. The M2-2 for example, is very different when you compare the V6F rep to the gen. The bezel on the gen is glossy while the rep is matte. The rose gold colour on the rep is as usual quite different when compared to the gen.

I came across these when I was referring to this list while looking for a good SevenFriday rep to buy. I did find that the V6F V2-01, M1-1, M2-1 are definitely Super Reps NWBIG. But I wanted to highlight to you guys that maybe some refinement can be done for the P-series and M-series for the SevenFriday NWBIG Super Reps list.

Cheers,
Tin

Links:
P1-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyHXL4cvrts
http://watchoutlet01.com/sevenfrida...-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-82s7.html
http://chazingtime.co/product/seven...t-edition-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-82s7/

M2-2
https://www.sevenfriday.com/shop/en-us/watches/m2-2.html
http://watchoutlet01.com/watches/se...-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-miyota-8215.html

Thanks for that !

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
To be honest, no major flaws. I'm not too sure about those flashy colours but the standard reps are actually really spot on when you compare them to the pictures found on the official sevenfriday website and those review videos on YouTube.

I think I have to correct my earlier post about the P1-1. After viewing the video on PT, it seems that the issue is with the lighting. Under certain angles the inscriptions are just like the gen. My bad about the P1-1. It's definitely a Super Rep NWBIG.

https://puretime03.com/sevenfriday-...dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-82s7.html#

Noted.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Thanks mate. Why isn't the red one on the list? It has the ss bezel so no flaw on that?

Just because I lack of reviews of this. Anyone can add any watch on the list as long as we discuss it and get a consensus. :)

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
I think the hbb ss bezel, red with number markers should be on the list, don't see any flaws on it!
Ceramic bezels has the teeth issue which many mod with the right V1 bezel.