• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Yeah - Lucy got the cleaned watch back and noticed a scratch on the hour hand. She sent me a high res photo to show me... She is sending it back to have them replace it now. I asked her about the grime on the tourbillon part and she told me it was only on the outer glass. This was last Friday, so I'm hoping I hear back from her today. This has been a long process for me for sure. Watch itself is still looking good though.

ZDWrxIv.jpg

Lucy's QC is impeccable! Ordering thru her is quite longer compared to others but I was never dissatisfied with her. That is such a beauty. Hope she gets this sorted out soon as I am waiting for you to post some wristshots in the near future :D

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Lucy's QC is impeccable! Ordering thru her is quite longer compared to others but I was never dissatisfied with her. That is such a beauty. Hope she gets this sorted out soon as I am waiting for you to post some wristshots in the near future :D
Agreed on the watch looking good. It looks like it has the textured sparkly dial like the gen.

Fin

20/7/16

Which TD is Lucy?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Found a post on another forum of a clearance of tourbillon movement watches... This is just one pic, and they all look to be real tourbillon movements:
5bUEq5r.jpg

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago about how my cream face Malte was gaining a lot (and has been from new). I looked at it in more depth yesterday and realised that the tourbillon cage simply houses a standard style balance wheel with the usual adjuster. Six screws off the back revealed four screws holding the front and it was easy to get to the adjuster. It's gained 1 second during 24hours wear in the last 24hours, which is fine!. Both the front and back were nicely gasketted so it should be reasonably waterproof. The dial is truly wonderful, even with the spelling error!.

14711708429680.jpg

Pinnacle

Horology Curious
30/7/16
Anyone ever had any dealings with the brand Minorva? Gen tourbies which seem to go for around $500-900 on ebay. The few vids of then movement i seem look fairly impressive and quite smart watches in themselves.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Lucy had to get a new watch - there was a 'significant' scratch on the case after getting it cleaned, so she got a brand new one. She even said they almost got into a quarrel about it, but because she has a good relationship with them they agreed to replace the watch. This one should be sent out soon... this waiting game is killing me!

fZiM9V6.jpg

Intrametus

Horology Curious
16/8/16
I have a Minorva moonphase tourby. The moon phase dial part is low quality and looks cheap AF and I've thought about trying to get it replaced. Other than that, I was surprised at how quality it looks compared to other budget tourbillons. I really like the style compared to others too. The tourby parts look stamped, but it looks decent if you don't get one with the blue screws. The middle case part with the pushers looks punched and it has a sheen to it. The faux alligator(or croc?) Straps are decent too. I have mine on a brown Hirsch Liberty though. I've actually been getting around +/- 5sec a day from it.

http://i.imgur.com/95OR8Xkh.jpg