• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

wolf244

2/11/15
Was working and suddenly noticed that the conditions were ripe for a great wristshot[emoji16]

8zzAajL.png

FJ9aTT6.png

Oh man!!! I see my next piece!

wolf244

2/11/15
Do please let me know if you decide to part ways with her brotha [emoji16]

I tried to reply to your pm... Your box is full. But, I've only had it for a short while and have only worn it twice. So not for sale, but when it is, I'll try to reach out to you.

Itslambo

Renowned Member
7/2/16
Thanks my man, I may have a couple of APs and other timepieces I'm willing to trade as well

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Apparently the 'homage' is a blatant replica, and his 'friend' works at T Factory in China?! Dude's got some connections.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just asked my local watch repairman (Roseville, CA) if he could service Chinese-made tourbillons. He said he knew how to service tourbillons and would at least take a look if I needed help with getting it fixed or serviced. When I told him it was a replica, his first response was "Oh, a Rolex?" I laughed and told him the brand and showed him the watch and he seemed to be very aware of the replica market. Cool dude, no judgement.

Reactions: AriChoresh

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Just asked my local watch repairman (Roseville, CA) if he could service Chinese-made tourbillons. He said he knew how to service tourbillons and would at least take a look if I needed help with getting it fixed or serviced. When I told him it was a replica, his first response was "Oh, a Rolex?" I laughed and told him the brand and showed him the watch and he seemed to be very aware of the replica market. Cool dude, no judgement.

Your tourby already arrived? Please post some wristshots here :drool:

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
The Pyramid of Tourbillon:
fc204fda0af308579d559430d609095c.jpg

A forum first, I believe. Rolls off the tongue quite nicely too! [emoji6]

On second thought....
b81fd1499a8da5c2551fd85992002d85.jpg

"The Leaning Tower of Tourbillon" sounds just as good!

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
About to pull the trigger on this one:
http://iwatchstation.com/watches/cl...ite-textured-dial-on-black-leather-strap.html
But should I get RG or SS. Heard RG rubs off over time... is it true? If it does is it just SS underneath it?

No worries, the rose gold plating is pretty durable and will last you for a few years. Probably by then you would have moved on to other watches. [emoji57]
Yes, it's just stainless steel beneath it.

Just something to note, the one you are buying is a fantasy watch and doesn't exist in gen form. Don't let it stop you if you love it's design though! [emoji4]

rainb1

Horology Curious
2/8/16
No worries, the rose gold plating is pretty durable and will last you for a few years. Probably by then you would have moved on to other watches. [emoji57]

Just something to note, the one you are buying is a fantasy watch and doesn't exist in gen form. Don't let it stop you if you love it's design though! [emoji4]

Would you happen to know any replicas from gens?

Eulise

Renowned Member
7/5/16
Would you happen to know any replicas from gens?

You can look into the VC Patrimony or IWC Tourbillons if you want something close to the gen. This are the two that I can think of that is the closest to the gen. Don't let your expectations run wild as there is a huge price difference between the gen and the replica! [emoji12]

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06

All depends how much you wear them... daily = rub off after 3-4 months!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
@majwilliams0308 any updates on your VC tourby purchase?
Yeah - Lucy got the cleaned watch back and noticed a scratch on the hour hand. She sent me a high res photo to show me... She is sending it back to have them replace it now. I asked her about the grime on the tourbillon part and she told me it was only on the outer glass. This was last Friday, so I'm hoping I hear back from her today. This has been a long process for me for sure. Watch itself is still looking good though.

ZDWrxIv.jpg