• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
Hour mark 8 o’clock fatter than others!!! Am I wrong?

When I first read this, I had it in my mind to tell you that you'd been smoking crack and that you're wrong, but after staring at the watch for a while, I think you're actually right LOL. Hour markers 6 and 8 might really be a hair wider than the others. However, I promise this is no reason not to buy the watch and unless you spend your days just staring at the watch, it will bother you not one bit :)

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

Sized now. Worth every penny.

Looks beautiful, well wear Sir.

So it was 100% worth the premium price?

For some reason I have a mental block above the $500 pricepoint for a rep, but the more pictures people post in this thread, the more I think I'm losing the argument with myself :)

Enjoy!!

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
I don’t find the price point crazy. NOOB Daytona’s with 4130 movement and working chronos and subdials run $688, and those need to be modded additionally, typically by swapping bezel and dial, and clasp with ARF, bringing total roughly $1000 for a wearable specimen. This needs little to nothing done, has a perfectly working actual moonphase, and subdial rotating date indicator. The wandering power reserve meter has a charm of its own as it’s not static. Haven’t exactly figured out what it indicates yet, but that’s part of the charm, and I never use that complication anyways. So if we compare top of the line PP 5712 rep to Rolex Daytona, 5712 saves a bundle and it’s ootb. So the comparison isn’t exactly apples to oranges but I have both and I’m now going through gathering the parts to mod my Daytona, and I’m far happier with the 5712

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
And I openly admitted that the 5712 was probably overpriced by about $150, but not once since receiving it and wearing have I thought about price. So that seems good value to me, but still may not to others. But I have no regrets

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I don’t find the price point crazy. NOOB Daytona’s with 4130 movement and working chronos and subdials run $688, and those need to be modded additionally, typically by swapping bezel and dial, and clasp with ARF, bringing total roughly $1000 for a wearable specimen. This needs little to nothing done, has a perfectly working actual moonphase, and subdial rotating date indicator. The wandering power reserve meter has a charm of its own as it’s not static. Haven’t exactly figured out what it indicates yet, but that’s part of the charm, and I never use that complication anyways. So if we compare top of the line PP 5712 rep to Rolex Daytona, 5712 saves a bundle and it’s ootb. So the comparison isn’t exactly apples to oranges but I have both and I’m now going through gathering the parts to mod my Daytona, and I’m far happier with the 5712

You've convinced me with your apples/oranges comparison, so I want to say thank you, my wallet curses you though:)

With the pubs closed, nada else to do but email my TD right now, shes gonna hate me annoying her on a Saturday night.

Thanks again for the insight & look forward to your review.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Ordered this and the ZF RM055 Yas Marina circuit last night

Wow exactly my thinking lately lol but I am going to wait that things go back to normal. Please keep us posted on your order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I ordered today......waiting qc :)

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Moon phase works if I click the pusher on the right side but doesn’t seem to move to stars after 7pm

Isn’t it supposed to move once a day each time after 12AM midnight ? Moving to stars during the day is how a day /night indicator works, or am I mistaken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLY

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/20
Does anyone know the protruding crown be shorten, just like the PPF 5711?

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Will put up qc pics after i approve the watch. Hopefully
will have pics by tuesday wednesday