• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM683

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
You’d better tell the Panerai boutique in the photo above then! ;)

I’ll await your opinion of my incoming hornback croc strap with baited breath.

I don’t see a boutique in the pic. But it’s tough to tell.

still waiting for the croc Pic. id like to see it because I don’t have any crocs (other than a few cheap ones I don’t wear) but I’ve been contemplating a nice one for a while.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
You’d better tell the Panerai boutique in the photo above then! ;)

I’ll await your opinion of my incoming hornback croc strap with baited breath.

Regardless of the boutique's claim, if you like it, then wear it. Methinks they didn't have the accordion available in the color you wanted so they suggested the old style rubber strap, although you don't see those straps on anything other than the non-submersible Luminor models too often (personally, I've not seen any). But to each their own.

Reactions: balkan68

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Ziczac croc strap finally arrived! Didn’t go for the hornback in the end:

[
url=https://clickpix.org/image/NYgrX]
NYgrX.jpg
[/url]

Reactions: chentepilot

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Cool. Looks nice for the summer. Enjoy :)

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
Anyone try a stingray strap on this? I like that ziczac croc above. Comtemplating a different design but the rubber is definitely perfect for it.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Hi, I am deciding on a sub, I'm mainly in the Rolex section, decided to go Panerai for a diver. Is the "fisheye" effect still a problem on the 683? Kinda only thing holding me back on this. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Hi, I am deciding on a sub, I'm mainly in the Rolex section, decided to go Panerai for a diver. Is the "fisheye" effect still a problem on the 683? Kinda only thing holding me back on this. Thanks.

Go for it. You won't notice it.

Plus there aren't 5 million people in the world wearing 683 as opposed to Rolex.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Go for it. You won't notice it.

Plus there aren't 5 million people in the world wearing 683 as opposed to Rolex.

Thanks for your input. Being in the Rolex section has made me very ocd haha. I only realised that the 683 has thinner bezel markings "15, 30, 45" and a bigger CP. Has that been improved in recent batches?

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Thanks for your input. Being in the Rolex section has made me very ocd haha. I only realised that the 683 has thinner bezel markings "15, 30, 45" and a bigger CP. Has that been improved in recent batches?

No.

These reps usually just have 1 release unlike the "rolex" reps that have 20+S editions.

For someone that owns both Gens and reps im telling you, don't ocd it.

Buy reps and enjoy them for what they are. You will even realize flaws on Rolex watches if you get obsessed about this.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
No.

These reps usually just have 1 release unlike the "rolex" reps that have 20+S editions.

For someone that owns both Gens and reps im telling you, don't ocd it.

Buy reps and enjoy them for what they are. You will even realize flaws on Rolex watches if you get obsessed about this.

Its a matter of personal preference, don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, just some flaws are acceptable some aren't to me. Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
I just got mine and have to say given that i have several rolex reps, that the 683 is too damn good. I can’t find a single flaw and the crystal with its AR is much better than my other PAMs. I give it a 10/10.

Reactions: mew

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
I just got mine and have to say given that i have several rolex reps, that the 683 is too damn good. I can’t find a single flaw and the crystal with its AR is much better than my other PAMs. I give it a 10/10.

Any pictures?

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
I’m coming back to Pams, having had a gen 88 that was stolen and insurance wouldn’t pay out...decided to go down the rep route...just worried how the 42mm wears compared to 44mm..the other reps iv got are a Omega seamaster 300m and a Rolex SD43 ..would anyone whose got a 683 have either of the above and be kind enough to post a comparison picture?

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I’m coming back to Pams, having had a gen 88 that was stolen and insurance wouldn’t pay out...decided to go down the rep route...just worried how the 42mm wears compared to 44mm..the other reps iv got are a Omega seamaster 300m and a Rolex SD43 ..would anyone whose got a 683 have either of the above and be kind enough to post a comparison picture?

From what I've read, the 42mm would be too small. I also have a sd43 and the 47mm 389. I think this watch in 44 would be perfect

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
That’s what I thought...how do you the the 47 compared to the SD43?