• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ORF SMPc 300m A8800 released today

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
I just received my ORF RG/SS today.

First wristshots of the beauty :
kwrSK4OC.jpg

9KyjGR8U.jpg

I don't have anything to add to this :

On the other hand, I didn't encountered these issues :

No glue and good threads.
One link too wide but I had to remove 3 links to match my wrist diameter.
That's all.
If I must say one bad thing ? Bezel and oscillating weight are noisy. Bezel is also a bit hard to set.

Talking about movement engravings, my eyes see them nice and clean. My picture below don't honor quality.
U2r7099M.jpg

For me it's a NWBIG and my future favorite daily-driven.
Bracelet color matches my wedding ring color, that's the only reason I choose this version. Blue dial because it does the job well with rose gold.
D8DJISwJ.jpg

I just wonder if sending it for a service right away would be a waste of time and money.

I see, then my issue is a one off QC problem. My TRUSTED :)D) dealer Trusty ripped me off.

He first rejected to send movement pics and then I receive this. And when I shared with him these faults yesterday, he replied “do not nitpick, its a rep”

well, we shouldnt then nitpick crooked markers, yellow lumes, misaligned date wheels, faulty inserts :)

thats not the first time I experience it with Trusty Andrew, to everyone here, avoid him if you value your money and you’re going after a smooth process. Use Jtime, I never had these kinds of issues with them

Reactions: lfarcos

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Hey, where do you guys get VSF crystals ? Do I need to buy a donor watch or is there another way?

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Hey, where do you guys get VSF crystals ? Do I need to buy a donor watch or is there another way?

On my previous ORF’s the crystal was thinner than VSF so wouldn’t swap anyway without being too raised. Whether they have changed since I don’t know. I still have a perfect VSF crystal in my parts drawer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
On my previous ORF’s the crystal was thinner than VSF so wouldn’t swap anyway without being too raised. Whether they have changed since I don’t know. I still have a perfect VSF crystal in my parts drawer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May I ask how did you source it? Or would you think of selling it? :)

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
O had the VSF grey on order and trusty (andrew) said was in stock and then 11 days later said nope! so i said to switch to the ORF and I just placed that order so will post pics if i ever get it, the grey ORF looks quite nice and includes a free blue rubber strap. Anyone else order the grey ORF dial? Andrew told me the diff in price from the VSF version with rubber $338 and the ORF was $348. I told him to cover it, and he agreed after i told him the last 10 watches he told me are in stock are not! I realize the raids going on, but then why not do what Ryan at intime does and just say no more orders for now? Apparently he wants to keep our funds on hold and I told him to either refund it or get me the watch as i have given him more and more $ as each watch i have to choose is more and more expensive. I started with a Tudor black bay for $228 and now I am at $348!
After this experience I would def consider using Jtime even if slightly more expensive.

Couldnt agree more. He sent me a watch with bad engravings by refusing to share movement pics. Man, what a dishonest guy

avoid trusty, guys. Jtime is the way 2 go

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town

Pals, I feel like I received a bad batch in terms of the crystal. What do you think?

It’s fine in some lights but mostly I see my whole face when checking the time

Invisibility feeling of the crystal gets lower as I tilt my watch to larger angles

Reactions: Watch-a-say

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Wow, my pics get deleted when I posted it :D and now there is no add pics button. Will share again when I figure it out

pics are back :p

Last edited:

luckydu43

Horology Curious
6/8/21
I see, then my issue is a one off QC problem. My TRUSTED :)D) dealer Trusty ripped me off.

My TD was Andrew, Trusty Time too then.
I ordered it early August to receive it early October, QC get and approved September 27th.
11 pictures, ​​​4 including movement, enough for me to judge and give green light
It's strange we get 2 differents experiences with him :(

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I've had different experiences with "Andrew" too, from the very top to the very bottom kind of experience... obviously different persons in Trustytime with different approaches to customer care...

Reactions: k4jun

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Replisimio Hey buddy, I asked prof crystals and he happens to source 2xAR Coated crystals for Seamasters. But he said he has 3 thickness options of 2.5, 3 and 3.5 mm thicknesses on edges. Do you ever measured your ORF crystal’s edge?

thanks!

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Replisimio Hey buddy, I asked prof crystals and he happens to source 2xAR Coated crystals for Seamasters. But he said he has 3 thickness options of 2.5, 3 and 3.5 mm thicknesses on edges. Do you ever measured your ORF crystal’s edge?

thanks!

I can measure my vsf crystal thickness later today for you to give an idea which it might be. I’ve just ordered another Orf black dial from jtime so I’ll check it has decent ar as yours is not the only example I’ve seen with single ar rather than double.

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Well, a plot twist happened :D a local brah offered exactly $600 to my black ORF and I think I’ll give it tomorrow and get myself another - requesting a better coated one from my TD

I AM the grey market now :D

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I just got two ORFs, the black standard and the blue/white Tokyo 2020 model. Both have total crap crystals with no AR to speak of, the bezel numerals and markers are engraved and painted with noticeable divots, and the rotors are noisy with crap finishing on the movement. I have a first-batch ORF and a VSF v2 on hand to compare them with. The ORF first batch was brilliant! I should have never sold my black one. The VSF v2 is even better finished than these new ORFs. The biggest disappointment is the Tokyo 2020 - it is 100 shades of wrong.

Pics: Black (ORF v2), White (VSF v2), Tokyo (ORF v2), Blue (ORF v1)

jqvbA4.jpg

jqvSGj.jpg

jqvGp1.jpg

jqvFav.jpg

jqvx8I.jpg

jqvJvc.jpg

jqvczX.jpg

jqvgYi.jpg

jq7Dkb.jpg

jq7ZVp.jpg

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
I just got two ORFs, the black standard and the blue/white Tokyo 2020 model. Both have total crap crystals with no AR to speak of, the bezel numerals and markers are engraved and painted with noticeable divots, and the rotors are noisy with crap finishing on the movement. I have a first-batch ORF and a VSF v2 on hand to compare them with. The ORF first batch was brilliant! I should have never sold my black one. The VSF v2 is even better finished than these new ORFs. The biggest disappointment is the Tokyo 2020 - it is 100 shades of wrong.

Pics: Black (ORF v2), White (VSF v2), Tokyo (ORF v2), Blue (ORF v1)

jqvbA4.jpg

jqvSGj.jpg

jqvGp1.jpg

jqvFav.jpg

jqvx8I.jpg

jqvJvc.jpg

jqvczX.jpg

jqvgYi.jpg

jq7Dkb.jpg

jq7ZVp.jpg

Dude, thats one awful AR, just like my black orf....

one of the features that made VSF so famous was that their crystals were amazing. Is it that hard for these manufacturers to pay some attention to crystal coatings?

VSF totally became a legend but all of these factories can become one if only they could spend some more time on the crystals......

Reactions: OldNavitimer

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
So this means ORF is not consistent with their quality? This really puts me off in considering to take their NTTD SMP

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
I have a v1 orf and I didn't think the AR was nearly as good as vsf but I'm happy with it overall, sad to see the inconsistencies of the v2 orfs. Guess these factory shut downs effecting everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
This is the law of less competition leads less care about quality.
CF is a classic example

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Here's a better illustration of the AR coating on VSF v2 - vs - ORF v1 - vs - ORF v2.

jIhBjQ.jpg

And ORF v1 vs v2

jIhQOL.jpg

I'm gonna keep this black v2 and add a Prof Xtal - does anyone know which size (thickness) crystal works in the ORF?