• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW VSF Omega Seamaster 300m releases coming very soon!

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I stay well cleared of reddit. Taking a rep to an AD is against RWI rules can get you banned here.

I can see that there seems to be an issue with your watch which should be obvious on the QC pics if it’s that apparent.

since this is the first batch there is no way to know what the next batches will look like unless you’re psychic

I just got some pics from my TD in good lighting and I see no real problem. Maybe a tad yellowish but no worse than the too white lume on Rolex reps. Actually it looks better to me on those pics.

Those are not my watches, those are photos of people who own the rep and complained about having yellow lume.

I have an order with JTime and Li said he would help to make sure the yellow lume won't be apparent in the RG model I placed an order for.

I was just making the point that it has been an issue, all we can do is hope that the upcoming batches took care of this issue, hopefully.

Reactions: xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Ok.

I'm not an Omega expert but to me the current VSF Seamaster in this post looks really good to me even if the lume is a tad yellow. I'm not sure if it's a real issue here or if it is an issue if it would bother me anymore than the Rolex situation which I learned to live with. So for me it would be useful to see a comparison to a gen on the same picture to see the difference and the magnitude of the of the yellow tint like it's been done with Rolex reps.

I may pull the trigger on this in any case as I think it looks awesome.

Cheers.

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Ok.

I'm not Omega expert but to me the current VSF Seamaster in this post looks really good to me even if the lume is a tad yellow. I'm not sure if it's a real issue here or if it is an issue if it would bother me anymore than the Rolex situation which I learned to live with. So for me it would be useful to see a comparison to a gen on the same picture to see the difference and the magnitude of the of the yellow tint like it's been done with Rolex reps.

Cheers.
Righto. I think the general consensus is that lighting can play a factor so those of us that did order will put up pictures in different lighting settings, not just for the lume but for showing how good the clone is in general :)

Should be here by next week. Cheers! And congrats on modhood, xartan! :D

Sent from my Breitling fappytimer GF V2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt88 and xartan

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Ok.

I'm not an Omega expert but to me the current VSF Seamaster in this post looks really good to me even if the lume is a tad yellow. I'm not sure if it's a real issue here or if it is an issue if it would bother me anymore than the Rolex situation which I learned to live with. So for me it would be useful to see a comparison to a gen on the same picture to see the difference and the magnitude of the of the yellow tint like it's been done with Rolex reps.

Cheers.

There's already a few photos and videos out comparing rep to gen.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...11#post8105811

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDE5N...zp.8253869.0.0

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...69#post8101769

But it won't really matter cause it would only help if every watch had the same lume, but the issue seems to be that the lume is just random.

I'd rather have pearly white lume on a Rolex rep than piss yellow. But whatever, lets hope our TDs can make it work.

Last edited:

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Has anyone received the new gold/ Sedna gold releases and can confirm the lume color?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16

But it won't really matter cause it would only help if every watch had the same lume, but the issue seems to be that the lume is just random.

I'd reather have pearly white lume on a rolex rep than piss yellow. But whatever, lets hope our TDs can make it work.

You can be fairly sure the lume will look the same in one batch. I haven't talked to anyone who wants "piss yellow" lume as you poetically put it. I'd like gen like lume which is not colgate white in the case of Rolex and the bright white lume on reps is an obvious instant tell for me which I just learned to live with but I'd much prefer a color more ivory like.

I can see that some previous VSF Omegas have had an obvious problem with the lume color. If my TD showed me QC pics looking as bad as some of the ones that was linked earlier here I would reject the watch right away. I still think comparing the current batch to a gen on the same picture would be useful and as I said I don't believe the color is just random from watch to watch in the same batch. But it's something to be aware of when looking at QC pics.

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
Just received it at my office. I will let the pictures do the talking, it is seriously impressive. One thing to tell you guys is that the bezel alignment with the dial markers is spot on, but somehow in pictures, they can look misaligned. However, I assure you guys is that my piece is dead straight IRL. Last pic is a comparison with my gen sub, the polishing on the VSF is immaculate. I guess the only tell is the short crown guards, maybe the crown too...but seriously I am impressed with the quality. The bracelet will need an oil/shampoo bath, and it will be even better.

Oh and regarding the yellow tint, I don't see it on mine. Not under bright office lights nor sunlight.

Thank you jtimewatch

We-Chat-Image-20190827132826.jpg

We-Chat-Image-20190827132855.jpg

We-Chat-Image-20190827132928.jpg

Last edited:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
wkim8732 Can you tell me what you think of the clasp mechanism. Is it good enough?

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
wkim8732 Can you tell me what you think of the clasp mechanism. Is it good enough?

Hey Xartan,

Yeah, the clasp adjustment glide is great. Very smooth and easy to handle, just push and pull. I'll try to shoot a video now

Last edited: