• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release: 2019 Seamaster 300 ceramic and titanium

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Making an additional hole, you say... ;)
How to make the strap longer, that is the question:)

bfcff40b39f9e7b38cf1b2f9a347fe87.jpg

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Just in today

It's an excellent rep, very well made, but it kinda doesn't do it for me.. Too dull somehow, can't explain really...

Reactions: phdsjain

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Just in today

It's an excellent rep, very well made, but it kinda doesn't do it for me.. Too dull somehow, can't explain really...

when you’re saying dull, you’re addressing the dial and the overall appearance on the wrist?
how does it feel in terms of weight and what impression do you have from the strap ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
when you’re saying dull, you’re addressing the dial and the overall appearance on the wrist?
how does it feel in terms of weight and what impression do you have from the strap ?

The strap is a bit on the stiff side, but extremely well made, the details are mind blowing, I love the buckle. And I'm between holes, like always, goddammit...

It's a pretty lightweight watch, my SS 300m feels like a rock compared to this. And don't get me started on my 600m GMT, that's a bloody brick tower.

By dull I mean that the regular Seamaster looks better with that shiny dial and the red text. This one looks...well black and white :D

I had it on for a minute and changed to my old 300m immediately. I still love it after 6 months.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
The strap is a bit on the stiff side, but extremely well made, the details are mind blowing, I love the buckle. And I'm between holes, like always, goddammit...

It's a pretty lightweight watch, my SS 300m feels like a rock compared to this. And don't get me started on my 600m GMT, that's a bloody brick tower.

By dull I mean that the regular Seamaster looks better with that shiny dial and the red text. This one looks...well black and white :D

I had it on for a minute and changed to my old 300m immediately. I still love it after 6 months.

so you’re suggesting that it is just more boring to look at. I guess the 42 standard is more shiny. what do you think about the size in comparison?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
so you’re suggesting that it is just more boring to look at. I guess the 42 standard is more shiny. what do you think about the size in comparison?

Yeah, kinda. I like shiny things I guess :) This one looks more like a tool watch. It appears to be a little bigger on the wrist, but it's not bad at all. The weight is another factor, it just doesn't feel like a big watch. The 600m GMT on the other hand..that's just terrible... And it's also a 43.5mm watch!

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Yeah, kinda. I like shiny things I guess :) This one looks more like a tool watch. It appears to be a little bigger on the wrist, but it's not bad at all. The weight is another factor, it just doesn't feel like a big watch. The 600m GMT on the other hand..that's just terrible... And it's also a 43.5mm watch!

could you do me a favor and post a picture of both of them side by side?

Reactions: user0815

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Received the watch today. First reaction. Wow!

i have bought and handled many omega reps over the years. This is best omega rep I have seen.

Reactions: leo6929

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
thanks!
to be honest, I thought I'd prefer the ceramic 43,5 more due to the more balanced dial and color theme, but admit that the standard SMP looks better on your picture. The 43,5 indeed looks empty on your picture.

My thoughts exactly. It looks like it has no soul ;)

The red text and the seconds hand tip really make the regular SMP pop.

Sinn watches make me feel the same way, I love them in the pics, but they do nothing for me in the metal.

Last edited:

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
My thoughts exactly. It looks like it has no soul ;)

The red text and the seconds hand tip really make the regular SMP pop.

Sinn watches make me feel the same way, I love them in the pics, but they do nothing for me in the metal.

thanks for your sharing your impressions, prevented me from making one more mistake ;)

Reactions: Therion666

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
To each his own. But being a Omega fan and having bought in excess of 15 Omega reps, this one is probably the best one I've had OTB. Surely a change of pace but I love it.

Reactions: mew

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
To each his own. But being a Omega fan and having bought in excess of 15 Omega reps, this one is probably the best one I've had OTB. Surely a change of pace but I love it.

I'm with you on the level of replication, it's up there with the LMPO and PloProf or better, no doubt. The quality feel is insane, the AR is crazy good, VSF have done an amazing job. I've bought over a hundred reps over the last couple of years, all top shelf and this one's in the top 3.

But I simply don't like it, it leaves me completely cold, while the regular SMP makes my heart sing every single time I look at it. Just like every single Tudor watch, especially the Pelagos. Or a Sinn.

So for anyone debating whether it's a good rep or not - it's excellent, they don't get any better than this.

Reactions: leo6929

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
;n8230561 said:
I'm with you on the level of replication, it's up there with the LMPO and PloProf or better, no doubt. The quality feel is insane, the AR is crazy good, VSF have done an amazing job. I've bought over a hundred reps over the last couple of years, all top shelf and this one's in the top 3.

But I simply don't like it, it leaves me completely cold, while the regular SMP makes my heart sing every single time I look at it. Just like every single Tudor watch, especially the Pelagos. Or a Sinn.

So for anyone debating whether it's a good rep or not - it's excellent, they don't get any better than this.

leo6929 it was never about the quality, but the overall perception of it. The same could be said about the gen then.

Therion666 speaking of quality, would you put the original SMP in the same category as the 43,5 quality-wise?
off topic: what else is in your top 3?