• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
But let's imagine.
If VSF does the new Neko seamaster, with "closed back", can we put a gen ETA 2824 inside?
Sure, why not. I wouldn't recommend it as a sound financial decision as it will make it more difficult for you to get your money out. If it makes you feel better, go for it. It will make your watch more bullet proof and it might make you feel better.

I’m little confused. Why is there 2 versions of Seamaster 300m 2018? One have date at 6 the other no date. [h=1][/h]
You are confused, but the good news is that there are two different watches that look fairly similar, but they are not the same. You are right, one has a date and the other does not. There are other differences as well. The no date one is a bigger watch, black case and is ceramic & did not actually come out until 2019. There is another thread for that one. This thread is mostly about the original 2018 smp with the date

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Some grey dial appreciation.

brown.jpg

brown-2.jpg

Jonas-Sthlm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/20
Stockholm
I will buy the Seamaster 300m white dail with rubber strap. The VSF cost $368 and OMF cost $238.
so question is wich one?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I like it soooo much on the rubber strap, I don't think I'm changing to the bracelet ever again.

I think the only "fault" with the rubber strap, and any strap. You've gotta be lucky to have a good fit. I'm always unlucky on these straps... always seem to be between holes for the perfect fit. Ie, I need to get fatter/put on more muscle / lose weight and become anorexic. None of which sound particularly fun.

However, I'm pleased, albeit a little jealous, that yours fits well. Curse my 8" wrists :(

That said, I think the rubber bracelet really compliments the watch far more than the bracelet. The bracelet even on the gen, seems to lack the finesse of the Goldeneye era bonds. Weird really. Whereas the rubber strap compliments the lugs and the case shape so well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Sonofalich man I dispise my bracelet. The messed up SEL is just too much for me. Besides the wrong contour of the polished bits, my SEL are sunken super low, way too recessed. Love the watch, even if the lume is yellow some times. If they could just perfect the the bracelet, which shouldnt be difficult, then this watch would be 100% NWBIG. Just this f@ckn bracelet.

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I agree with jpchub , once I saw that wrong contour there was no turning back...I just can't unsee it...It looks lovely on the bracelet, but it's just sooo much more comfortable on rubber. I'm lucky with hole spacing I guess, it fits good on two different positions ( 7 25" wrist ). Once they correct the bracelet and make lume snowy white, it's the best rep ever. Period.

Last edited:

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Congrats mate! Your lume plots look very white, you got a good one.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
man I dispise my bracelet. The messed up SEL is just too much for me. Besides the wrong contour of the polished bits, my SEL are sunken super low, way too recessed........If they could just perfect the the bracelet, which shouldnt be difficult, then this watch would be 100% NWBIG. Just this f@ckn bracelet.

I think this is a bit harsh. Your nIt pics might be valid, but those are things that literally no one would ever notice. Even if you knew what to look for there is just no way you would be able to see it on the wrist.

With all that said, I put mine on the rubber and it has stayed on the rubber for probably an entire year.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Nanook65 its not really about what others would notice. Its about what I can notice. I’ve seen in most pics posted here where the SEL isnt nearly as sunken as mine. Having wrong polished bits and sunken SEL at the same time is an eye sore. To me it stands out dramatically. Not that I can find gen SEL anywhere, but if I could, I still run the risk of sitting low. Just a little frustrating. I think once mine is on the rubber, it woud also stay on there.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

aglove84

6/6/20
Mine just arrived from Li! It’s a beauty! The hour markers did appear slightly yellow in the QC photos but IRL look white. The lume on the hands is slightly yellow however. But I can live with it. Overall very pleased!!

Woodz

3/12/15
Can anyone advise on how this watch wears on the wrist? Big/Small?

I've got an Aqua Terra 41mm and it's perfect for my wrist and I've been considering this as a next purchase but not sure if it'll be too big. Am I overthinking 1mm? :confused:;)

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
Can anyone advise on how this watch wears on the wrist? Big/Small?

I've got an Aqua Terra 41mm and it's perfect for my wrist and I've been considering this as a next purchase but not sure if it'll be too big. Am I overthinking 1mm? :confused:;)
I have a fairly small wrist and it wears fine. And I am pretty consious about it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1903 met Tapatalk

Woodz

3/12/15
I have a fairly small wrist and it wears fine. And I am pretty consious about it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GM1903 met Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply man. My wrist is about 6.75-7.0" so hopefully it'll be fine :D