• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your collection in one shot!

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Will let you know.
Well that VC is really a nice one too. I've considered selling one of my tourby's to get that platinum rep. But thing is, the movement being very different designed than the gen is acceptable. The diameter being 1 mm bigger and 2 mm thicker than the gen can also be accepted. Problem is case design and specially the lugs are very different from the gen. It's a nice watch, but doesn't look very much like the gen. So i'm a bit ambivalent about it.

Yes, it is far from accurate, and I share your ambivalence. I just got an itch for a tourby right now. lol. I was on the hunt for the one with power reserve which was release a couple of years ago, I just saw one on m2m but it was a reserve sale. I'm trying to contact some dealers for it. Although I might get this one because it has a cleaner dial.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Yes, it is far from accurate, and I share your ambivalence. I just got an itch for a tourby right now. lol. I was on the hunt for the one with power reserve which was release a couple of years ago, I just saw one on m2m but it was a reserve sale. I'm trying to contact some dealers for it. Although I might get this one because it has a cleaner dial.

True that. I also tried to hunt down the 14-day Traditionnelle Tourbillon you are referring to. Although in Rosegold. None of the TD's had it. So i gave up. The RG version was more accurate than the platinum(SS) version. That one was one of the more accurately made Tourby's out there. The IWC you're seeing on the picture is also very accurate. The YLF version grey dial and green dial are perfect regarding size, movement decoration, dial and tourbillon decoration. The hole for the tourbillon cage is a little bit bigger in the rep and also the subdial is a bit more shiny in the rep than in gen. Other than that it's a very accurate rep and it certainly looks like a very expensive watch.

cbfks

24/2/16
4 Watch collection now complete:

IMG-20191011-1251221.jpg

chiccovn

4/10/19

I joined this blog and rep collecting same time 1.5 months ago, and here is my catching up so far.. i need to gain more experience and wait for factories to perfect their versions before jumping in again! thanks for all your knowledge sharing!
my next targets are Rolex Gmt master 2 pepsi or else, patek 5396 sector dial ( kmf ones still many flaws so i wait).
Cheers

Reactions: BadData

ssr905

1/11/18
Spain
The result of one year’s worth of watch collecting! What a great (and expensive) world to dive in to! Just added the AP 15202 from XF today, and got a couple of vintage omega back from my watchmaker. The whole family is together for the holidays.
4d08d09557c18943802625e08ee1705f.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
It appears you need another watch box. I don't see any empty locations.

I already sold the Pam I am holding in my hand there - I need to sell at least one more. Then the boxes will be full and I will have one on my wrist : )

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I notice no empty spaces. Time for another watch and a box

Oh boy, do not tempt me... been fighting getting a third box by selling some pieces... lol. But one thing is for sure, the quality of the reps that arrive to fill the slot of a sold watch, keeps getting better and better. A couple of years back I wasn't very happy with my boxes´ overall quality :)

Reactions: tkingjr

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Hard to capture them all in one single shot..
Here you go with a one shot PAM collection (& still not all in the photo)

Wow dude. Do you happen to like Panerais by any chance? ;)
Great collection there. I see this thread developing to ‘Show us your one-branded watch collection in one shot’ :)

Reactions: BadData