• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your collection in one shot!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Fantastic collection, out of interest how long did it take you to build that up?

Since February. This year. And I just noticed that pic's not quite up to date - it doesn't include the SS/black dial ARF Daytona. hehe

I've got the bug pretty bad.

Snare502

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/7/19
UK
Since February. This year. And I just noticed that pic's not quite up to date - it doesn't include the SS/black dial ARF Daytona. hehe

I've got the bug pretty bad.

Wow... haha nice, I was expecting you to say 10+ years or something. I am quite new to the rep scene and have to agree it is definitely addictive

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Wow... haha nice, I was expecting you to say 10+ years or something. I am quite new to the rep scene and have to agree it is definitely addictive

Aaaaand... I just bought another one. Omega Pumpkin, on RWI M2M. Whoops! :D

Reactions: Snare502

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I am getting worried. This photo was taken during January 2019. As of today, only 17 spaces left for new watches. I expected three watch boxes would last a long time. The addiction continues. I will have to update the photo in the fall.

Does anyone know of any easy editing software I can use to combine three photos into one? I used Microsoft Paint for this photo. When I posted three individual photos I was reminded of the "one-shot rule".

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
And another update...
5a748bd4b280e6125cf90bcd22678055.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

something something telling me you kinda like Rolex, might be wrong

Reactions: p0pperini

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I am getting worried. This photo was taken during January 2019. As of today, only 17 spaces left for new watches. I expected three watch boxes would last a long time. The addiction continues. I will have to update the photo in the fall.

Does anyone know of any easy editing software I can use to combine three photos into one? I used Microsoft Paint for this photo. When I posted three individual photos I was reminded of the "one-shot rule".

Try GIMP, it's free open source and very good.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks. I am downloading now. I don't want to get called out for using 3 photos or 4 photos sometime next year.

Little bit of a learning curve like any new program, but if you know your way around any photo software you'll pick it up quickly. You can mesh pretty much as many pics as you want into one. Here's 10 pics in one

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK

Hey tkingir, could you shed some like on the origin of your banks of winders? What are those units, and is the case hand-made? It all looks amazing - I'd love to know more!

Last edited:

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I had to look twice... no Pelagos? ;)

Haha I was looking on M2M for one for the longest time but they never came up...so I ended up getting the ARF Sub as my first rep since the entire TD ordering process seemed daunting to me when I was a beginner. Eventually I talked myself into thinking that the Pelagos is too big for me so I never got it....and then I ended up getting a ROO which is even bigger and definitely too big for me but I like the design so much that I just roll with it lol.

Still thinking about getting an AP Diver, a white 116500, and maybe an Aquanaut and then I should be done buying new pieces.

right?

Last edited:

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
506-F2-E81-B6-AA-4558-8-C1-F-78-CF61-F2392-E.jpg

Missing the 16610LV and the ARF Daytona. Three watches are my wife’s.

All these bought in the last two years. I sold a few though...

You have a beautifully diverse collection

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Hey tkingir, could you shed some like on the origin of your banks of winders? What are those units, and is the case hand-made? It all looks amazing - I'd love to know more!

Well, my other hobby is woodworking of which I am just as fanatical. I started out buying a Boxy winder for 4 watches. Then I made one for 12 watches. Again that didn’t last. Next, I made one to hold 36 watches thinking that is all I will ever need. In 2018 I made 3 more out of walnut thinking that would last longer than me. Now I am checking to see If I have enough walnut to make more. The winders are from Boxy. I bought them on eBay, Amazon, and Brookstone overtime when they were on a 50% off sale. Each time I made a box or boxes I keep better instructions and dimensions. Here are photos of the boxes in process.