Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

SOH rep vs. gen. pic comparison.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    SOH rep vs. gen. pic comparison.

    Ok guys Ive been asked to do this by a member, so I figure Id give it a shot. Im no expert reviewer so hopefully the pics will do the talking. Big thanks to Dan (P4GTR) for taking the pics for me. Im not even going to say which is which.

    The point is, If I could do it over I wouldnt own the GEN, the rep is that good. I forgot to take a movmnt. and lume shot but the rep houses a sw200 with typical rep lume. Not that I would ever do it as we all know the number one rule, but if I ever had to wear a rep into an AD I'd wear this one in complete confidence. Now on to the pics!!!
















    Crap after looking at these pics I finally found the one main difference. Ill be damned.

    #2
    Where did you get yours :-) ?

    Comment


      #3
      Although the rep is amazing, I think I know which is which... differences I spot are as follows (in no particular order):
      - bezel triangle
      - crown size
      - AR is very different
      - B logo
      - date window
      - bezel sticks

      Did I miss anything? Probably.
      Pardon my ignorance, I'm new.
      At Home: PAM111M Noob, PO45(21j)+MaraTac, ExpII 21j [bad tube], Sub21j Pepsi
      In Transit: Gen PO45 8500

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Breitest24, post: 977421
        Not that I would ever do it as we all know the number one rule, but if I ever had to wear a rep into an AD I'd wear this one in complete confidence.
        That's exactly what I wrote in one of the wristies thread on RG....The SOH V2 feels like a gen.....Even to the people who I confess that I wear reps, I've told them it's a gen and they believe me....

        Comment


          #5
          Great thread.....thanks. This is the one watch I've reserved a space in my box for.

          So damned hard to find a V2 though.
          If you could choose one characteristic to get you through life choose a sense of humour.

          Comment


            #6
            Really regret not picking up a blue V2 when they were out :/

            Comment


              #7
              Most flaws can only be spotted side by side.the only thing that really is different is the crown size and the swiss made. I only figured out the swiss made part last night after 3 weeks because I never stare at them both together.

              however!!!! no swiss made on a gen.
              http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch...arine_126.html

              Sent from my EVO

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Breitest24, post: 977533
                Most flaws can only be spotted side by side.the only thing that really is different is the crown size and the swiss made. I only figured out the swiss made part last night after 3 weeks because I never stare at them both together.

                however!!!! no swiss made on a gen.
                http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch...arine_126.html

                Sent from my EVO
                the gens seems to come with and without the 'swiss made' sign.

                Comment


                  #9
                  My fav watch all off, the tail of the s in superocean is different the rep is on the right in the bottom pics By Tor did an great thread on these and other breits.

                  Thanks for the pics even owning one its very very hard to tell differences between rep and gen though I would like a gen xtal for mine.
                  Women can't keep a secret, and men can't hold in a fart. So if you want a woman to keep a secret, whisper it up her arse. -Billy Connolly

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Holding these both in my hands, taking the pics, and looking at the HUGE pics before being resized.. I still find it hard to tell the difference.

                    I don't see the need to swap crystals.. It looks pretty much identical in hand.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      anyone parting with their v2 hit me up! =)
                      WTB Brit Clot GMT, Rollie 1680, Milsub 5517: , Bk Noob Explorer II aka transformer, 1675 GMT, Tudor Snowflake no date (BLUE), Omega Seamaster 300 vinage case set (YUKI),

                      Comment


                        #12
                        great great comparison. pictures says it all.

                        This thread is a sticky
                        my watches: hublot daytona, omega ploprof quartz chronograpf, frank mueller datejust chrono, invicta big bang 25mm all from swiss-AAA-replicastore.scam


                        actually trk looks like this -->



                        thanks for the gif ThinkBachs



                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by watch.aholic, post: 977479
                          That's exactly what I wrote in one of the wristies thread on RG....The SOH V2 feels like a gen.....Even to the people who I confess that I wear reps, I've told them it's a gen and they believe me....

                          Will you LOOK at that!!!!!???

                          And that mesh strap - OMG!!!!
                          once, I had no idea that I had no idea .... but I really had no idea

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Has the V2 been discontinued? I can't seem to find any.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by jimmy08awd, post: 999179
                              Has the V2 been discontinued? I can't seem to find any.
                              Yea. And they should remake them. Will sell a ton.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X