• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Avenger Gmt GF vs Gen

SuperOcean95

Horology Curious
10/1/17
Thank you very much.Just asked for the right one like they told me the posts above.
Sadly its the wrong datewheel and the watch isnt Working ;( Have to wait longer. Not the best Start for me :/

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Thank you very much.Just asked for the right one like they told me the posts above.
Sadly its the wrong datewheel and the watch isnt Working ;( Have to wait longer. Not the best Start for me :/

Have you received the watch and its not working or did it stop working before they sent it? Obviously the latter is best and if it hasn't been sent yet, ask for a full on close up of the face of the watch they are going to send, then we can tell you if the date font is right or not, however, even if it isn't correct it is virtually impossible to see on the wrist and also its a font used in other Avenger models in the gen Breitling range.

SuperOcean95

Horology Curious
10/1/17
The Watch was send back to GF. I hope I’m getting some informations. The last message arrived 2 weeks ago.
I now it’s not something like Amazon Prime and clearly I know that most of the things from China take like 1 Month but that even after one month still nothing is on the way to me ... :/
If i hadn’t asked so much what was going on I still wouldn’t know anything. After payment there wasn’t much interest to help me with my questions.
Have to learn to patience me.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
The Watch was send back to GF. I hope I’m getting some informations. The last message arrived 2 weeks ago.
I now it’s not something like Amazon Prime and clearly I know that most of the things from China take like 1 Month but that even after one month still nothing is on the way to me ... :/
If i hadn’t asked so much what was going on I still wouldn’t know anything. After payment there wasn’t much interest to help me with my questions.
Have to learn to patience me.

Don't worry. The factories take their time. TD can't do much till the watch is ready. I have waited a long time on some watches but the problem gets resolved. Patience is not easy. After a while you will adjust. My longest wait was 8 months for a Breitling.

SuperOcean95

Horology Curious
10/1/17
Okay Thank you guys. If it wouldnt be a Trusted Seller here i would feel scammed.
i dont have Any Informations. I dont get answers on my E-Mails. Would be fine if the seller would answer.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Would you guys say that Lucy ( Truetime ) is the TD of choice if I want to get the GMT with the correct DW? Another thing - how's the bracelet? Typical rep POS or is it half decent? I still can't forget the shitty clasp I got on my H-fac Seawolf..geez..

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Lucy is my TD of choice. She is not fast but I find the wait well worth it when my watch arrives. You must be patient. If you expect fast you will not be happy.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Fast is the word I chose to forget after a couple of years in this hobby and learned to live without it, since I have no use for it :D Thanks for your reply!

Now I just need to decide if I should go for the GF Bandit or this one..I had the DLC version and I loved the size and build quality.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Would you say that it feels "cheaper" due to its weight? It doesn't feel like some plastic G shock, does it?
I remember that my GMT DLC felt like a very well made watch, it had that solid gen feel to it - great bezel action, no squeeky parts, great crown operation, the rubber strap was jut like gen..Damn, I wish I had more sense back then when i decided to sell it..to get a bloody shitty Zenith pilot :(
Here's a pic:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I managed to get my beloved GMT back, I bought it from the guy I sold it to a while ago! Happy day :)

Reactions: P@t

SuperOcean95

Horology Curious
10/1/17
Got a really really good looking watch but it's scratched as f...
Im a little bit disappointed for waiting so long.

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15

Thats the deal with highly polished steel watches. The mere contact between bracelet links will cause scratches, the simple contact between your car keys and your watch too.

That's exactly the same on the GEN by the way..

you should have known before buying... Nonetheless, most of us will tolerate scuffs on our watches as it's part of it.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16

The minor scratches are easy to fix. I have several polished Breitling's. With a little effort and a little money you can polish the scratches yourself. If you search utube you can find videos showing you how to do it and what tools you need.