• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet Appreciation Megathread

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Love, love, love Breguet..Just wish they got a bit more love from the dealers..

Copernicus

Looking Around
26/5/12
I fell in love with the white gold Breguet Classique :)

I don't really care for the branded watch, just want the looks. Should I go with the branded replica or is there a well made sterile replica or homage available?

I am new to this field and although I researched for quite a bit I can't seem to find anything. Any help would be very much appreciated.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Also the stainless steel back is kind of annoying, although practical (I presume that's where the gold would wear off first). Now I want more!

IMG_6986.jpg

Just thinking about this further and wonder how hard it would be to remove the back and have it QUALITY gold plated. I know people here in Oz who would be more than capable so I imagine you'd be able to find a comparable plater near you - they'd need to sight the watch of course, because there's "gold and gold" - of course, being on the back you could get away with it being a shade off.

Anyway, as the back appears to be screwed on I just thought it might be worth considering.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I fell in love with the white gold Breguet Classique :)

I don't really care for the branded watch, just want the looks. Should I go with the branded replica or is there a well made sterile replica or homage available?

I am new to this field and although I researched for quite a bit I can't seem to find anything. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I really doubt there is a sterile version of these watches anywhere, certainly not anything i've seen.

krispee

1/5/12
just thought i`d post a pic of my new Breguet Orbital....

breguetorbital_1.jpg

and a link to a vid of it working......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr11gOCJUoU&feature=g-upl"]BreguetOrbital Faster - YouTube[/ame]

i`m honestly not bothered about wearing watches that i would never be able to afford, to be honest no-one in my circle of friends or family would actually know what a Breguet was anyway.......

Kris

krispee

1/5/12
i thought i`d post this link to a Breguet watch i found some time ago on PT, they may not even be able to get it now, but it is an interesting looking watch, beautiful skeletonisation, the graver work alone is worth a look, front and back....

http://puretime.co/product/classique-skeleton-tourbillon-rose-gold/

don`t know if there are any comparisons to a genuine variety out there or if this is just a complete fantasy...

Kris

Nis3rSr

Horology Curious
25/2/13
Krispee,
What a beautiful watch. I especially like the Guilloche.
I have a question if I may? Does the minute hand always follow the rotating dial? If so, why isn't it more over to the less busy portion of the dial? Not a criticism just a question.
I've long had the desire to have a Breguet Regulatuer Tourbillion but am concerned with the reliability. Yes I know it not genuine, but I would like it to work as long as possible. Is there even possible servicing? Was that a concern for you when you bought yours?
I also agree with you, no one in my circle would know what a Breguet is either and wouldn't be able to recognize it. I am lucky enough to have some genuine watches but can't afford (or even justify if I could) a tourbillion so a replica would be fine with me.
I was in a Breguet store in November and just loved it. So many all around on display.

krispee

1/5/12
Hi Nis3rSr
thanks for looking at the watch. the dial rotates once per hour, rotating with the hour hand, but the hands aren`t linked to the dial when they are being moved or adjusted so the position in relation to the hands can often be in a completely different place.
something to note. this watch has been back to China to be repaired because the winding stem sheared off. it has to be said winding this watch is a bit different than other watches mainly because it is a bit stiffer, and also because it takes a long while to wind it fully. it seems to last a long time before being rewound. my theory is that to push the dial around as well as the hands they have made the spring a bit stiffer, hence the stiffness of the winding.
just a theory but it is a bit different than all my other watches in this regard.

an interesting watch to own and wear. i now have a genuine ostrich strap on it from Jacobs Straps and it looks lovely.

Kris

Nis3rSr

Horology Curious
25/2/13
How how did the repair go? Did you get it done from where you got it? Did you just send it then get a quote or something? Was the repair a reasonable price?
I don't mean to grill you, i'm just wondering what what I might encounter.
Thanks!

Camaro95

2/4/11
So wait... is this rep'd? If so, why haven't I heard of it?

breguetorbital_1.jpg

BreguetOrbital Faster - YouTube

i`m honestly not bothered about wearing watches that i would never be able to afford, to be honest no-one in my circle of friends or family would actually know what a Breguet was anyway.......

Kris

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Yes that's a rep cam, whether the factories can still get a hold of it I'm not sure, but worth asking.

krispee

1/5/12
How how did the repair go? Did you get it done from where you got it? Did you just send it then get a quote or something? Was the repair a reasonable price?
I don't mean to grill you, i'm just wondering what what I might encounter.
Thanks!

no worries, grilling is ok, only way to know is to ask......

i got this from Josh, not sure if he is a rec seller here. i asked him about the problem and he told me to send it back which i did. have to say that it took an age to get it back, months must have been, but i do appreciate it is a long way to send an item that has to be repaired so i waited patiently and was eventually rewarded with my repaired Oribital. everything is fine now, the winding stem works as well if not better than it was before. i`m careful not to be too brutal when i`m winding, take it slow and wind properly and don`t overwind, that`s an ever present problem with this watch.
it didn`t cost me a thing, not a dime. i assume it was because he wanted continued custom from me and a good report from me to everyone else, always a good advert if you repair watches at no cost, just the postage.
so very happy with the repair and now i`m more careful. it`s an unusual watch and worth looking after.

Kris

Nis3rSr

Horology Curious
25/2/13
Oh and sry for not stating earlier but thanks for the posting Bonesey!
I found it very nicely done and informative. Some of the pics I don't think I have seen in my wanderings for Breguets. And the links were great too.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Glad you enjoyed it, i wrote this what feels like a very long time ago now :)

ressmeplz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/12/12

breguetorbital_1.jpg

BreguetOrbital Faster - YouTube

Kris

OMG I WANT THIS REP! :wub:

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I actually, finally have a Breguet rep incomming after all this time I've still never owned one.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I actually, finally have a Breguet rep incomming after all this time I've still never owned one.

Congrats, which one did you go for?
And btw, thank you for your very informative thread.