• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

crazy rep car site

xyz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/11/11
Biggest ripoff ever

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
So when you drive this down to the insurance company what do they insure it as, rep or gen?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Police say man selling fake insurance may have sold 500 certificates statewide

GRAND RAPIDS -- A man who sold fake auto insurance for $40 -- making documents on his home computer -- may have sold up to 500 insurance certificates to people across the state, police said.
Isaac Chandler, 31, of Comstock Park, is awaiting sentencing on charges of selling counterfeit insurance certificates and using a computer to commit a crime.
Police arrested Chandler on April 21 at his home in York Creek Apartments.

Walker police Sgt. Keith Mankel said a majority of people who bought certificates from Chandler, who issued certificates under the company names of Citizens Insurance, Meridian Insurance and Nationwide Mutual Insurance, believed they were buying valid insurance.
"They are very real-looking documents," he said. "When I saw the insurance certificate, I thought it was valid."
Investigators with Walker and Grand Rapids police and the Kent County Sheriff's Department tracked down Chandler after a January fatal accident in Walker that killed Marian Lewis, 88, of Grand Rapids. Police discovered the other driver, who was at fault, received insurance from Chandler that was invalid.
Police first investigated Chandler after Press columnist Tom Rademacher wrote an April 1, 2007, column, "Forty bucks for insurance? Seems shady to me."
Mary Cardosa of Wyoming, one of Chandler's victims, said she never suspected her insurance was invalid until police called her a couple of months ago about the investigation of Chandler.
She signed up for his insurance deal after seeing a flier attached to a telephone pole about three years ago.
"He was a really friendly guy. He seemed like the type of guy who just wanted to help you out," said Cardosa, who was particularly strapped for cash when she first contacted Chandler.
At the Secretary of State's office, no one questioned her certificates when she went to buy new tags.
Cardosa, who has since signed up with a new insurance carrier, admits she probably even helped Chandler scam more people by spreading the word about his great deal.

Police urge anyone who bought a policy from Isaac Chandler or another name he used, Clarence, to call police at 632-5400.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
funny-insurance-qoutes.jpg

:D

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyQX0hRaf-g"]LAMBORGHINI REPLICA - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBWw8ih4pYA&feature=related"]lamborghini replica ferrari replica - YouTube[/ame]

I posted ages ago about these being 'Franken'..... Most of the good ones use OEM lights, and there is one that runs a genuine Lambo engine!!! lol

Crazy kids!

arkseven

Renowned Member
7/9/11
There is a Toyota MR2 with a Lamborghini kit on it that I see driving round all the time, its about 3/4s of the size of gen.

The guy who drives it was stopped by the police on the Police Interceptors tv show . The ANPR flashed it up as an MR2 with no tax or MOT if I remember correctly.

shandroid

13/9/10
A lot of them stretch the chassis, and tube up the engine compartment to get the right dimensions....

There was a F355 sold on ebay her in Aus a couple of years ago that was a backup car for the Nick Cage movie (The Rock????) and looked every bit the real thing!

rld14

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/11/11
Ugh.

I don't see the point, although, to be fair, when it comes to a Lambo Countach I could see the logic as a Gen Countach is a hand grenade.. but not with a freaking Fiero V6 engine

shandroid

13/9/10
Ugh.

I don't see the point, although, to be fair, when it comes to a Lambo Countach I could see the logic as a Gen Countach is a hand grenade.. but not with a freaking Fiero V6 engine

V3 Super avenger, gen Bezel, gen dial, gen ProII..... Asian 7750 movement.....???? Same thing, right?!

Funny that a topic such as this should draw such judgment.... on a rep watch site! lol

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Gen Countach is a hand grenade..
Bullshit! Who told you that malarky? I have know four long term examples, mostly since the 80s and none have had major issues. One is now at near 80k miles and still strong. Diablos tend to blow engines but not Countachs.

Dunknow about that super reps site tho, how can a Zonda rep with a 700hp 2012 BMW V12 and SMG 'box cost 38k? That would just about buy you the engine and box.

shandroid

13/9/10
Dunknow about that super reps site tho, how can a Zonda rep with a 700hp 2012 BMW V12 and SMG 'box cost 38k? That would just about buy you the engine and box.

Exactly what I was thinking.... And, the amount of engineering that has to go into a car so that it doesn't literally fly to bits at those sorts of speeds is mesmerising.... Hard to imagine they've conquered these sorts of gripes for <40k....

Doesn't add up, but who knows I guess....

rld14

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/11/11
Bullshit! Who told you that malarky? I have know four long term examples, mostly since the 80s and none have had major issues. One is now at near 80k miles and still strong. Diablos tend to blow engines but not Countachs.

Oh I think the whole site is full of crap. As far as Countachs go, I am sure some people have had luck with them, but constant huge problems is not my idea of fun. Probably the most amazing car on the planet to look at, and when it's running it's a blast, but they seem to have tremendous problems functioning. Not exactly a lot of fun if you want to use the car on a regular basis.

shandroid

13/9/10
I have only ever known of one guy with a countach - a white QV from Toowoomba.... It was the car that started it all for me as a young kid. I never rode in it, but I remember the owner (My Dad's business partner at the time) telling my Dad how sick of it he was because it was always breaking down.... lol Maybe just bad luck..... He then got an Australian Delivered R32 GT-R that he kept for about 2 months before trading it on a Daimler Double 6, because it was 'too fast'....

Having owned one myself (a 32 GTR, not a countach, lol), that says 2 things to me; 1, The countach wasn't a particularly quick car, and 2, he was a pussy.....

robbnj

11/6/09
They're still working out of the same sh!thole one-bay shop with cardboard boxes for furniture and people give them their hard-earned money (notice the Saleen picture is from the real Saleen shop)?
'Notice that the videos are always close-ups of people and don't show the building, etc.?

Any NBA player who "invests" should shoot his personal manager, then shoot himself for being too stupid to be on our planet.

Tossers.

shandroid

13/9/10
I'm surprised no one has commented on the boats! Millions - yes MILLIONS for knock off boats... Cheap in comparison to the real thing, but come on?! They can really do that for such little money?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk