• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from Canerduh

desmoquattro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/09
Hey folks,

I'm a newbie to the replica game but a longtime watch lover. I live in the Maritimes of Canada and work at a jewelery and watch retailer... Ironically working for an AD has given me an interest in reps. I couldn't afford the real deals even with my employee pricing, and I wouldn't want a gen anyway, when you deal with selling/servicing on a daily basis you tend to get jaded about them. As such I'm going to keep a low profile because certain brands would not be happy to learn I "support counterfeiting".

I'm a historian by training (McGill), a mechanic by trade (Ducati, Triumph, Norton and BSA mostly), and a salesperson by profession (telcom and now jewellery).

I have a small collection of watches, including a gen 1960s Omega Geneve automatic date. I'm looking to expand with some nice reps, and I'm glad I have a community like this at my disposal to guide me through the process.

Cheers
J.

BlueRod37

8/5/09
welcome to you.
we have plenty of trusted dealer to buy from.

for sure you'll find your happyness here

Guillaume

Migge

Renowned Member
15/1/09
Welcome,

you will most likely love it here,

good too have someone with interest (?) in BSA and Nortons?

Enjoy!

Regards
Mike

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Hi and welcome to RWI, don't wear the reps at work :D :D :D :D

desmoquattro

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/09
Thanks all,

I despise BSAs, Nortons and Triumphs (the new ones are decent but don't tug the heart strings much. The old stuff is garbage). Working on old brit iron and Lucas electrics tends to really not endear you to the so-called classic charm and overwrought nostalgia. I ride a Ducati 916 - after working on Brit stuff the finicky old Italian bike seems like a Honda.

But I digress,

I'll definitely provide some AD insight. I already have my opinions regarding certain brands, and I look forward to playing with reps to see how they stack up. In the end if it tells time and looks good it's doing the same thing as the gen, isn't it?