• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
In reality they list a new version and everyone on here just makes up what's been updated. The only thing mentioned is an arf clasp. Nothing else. If they had changed anything else im sure they would have mentioned it. And I'm not bagging zzf I just bought a v2s and its excellent I just think they just announced a v3 because they know peoples imaginations do the rest.

This.

Any changes are incremental at best, certainly not worthy of a different number.

At least it is a solid release.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I don't know who has the cash or the willingness to do this but it would be great to see a side by side comparison of the ZZF V3 and the new VSF when they are released. With a gen as control would be even better. Particularly, as we near the end of this generation, it would be nice to have a closing chapter crowning a king.

Over the past month, I've noticed fanboy comments usually based on what they have already purchased. i get it, no one wants their factory to be lagging behind but a good objective review by someone experienced would be a significant contribution to our body of knowledge. I do understand that even an objective review may be subjective.

A part of me is hoping it's VSF as I'm now invested in them, but another part of me yearns for the truth. No matter which factory wins, I think we can all agree that everyone purchasing any of these latest releases is still winning.
Important point here, and tactfully phrased.

Folks who buy a particular brand have a natural attachment to it because it connects directly to their ego.

Ex: me buying a VSF LV is directly connected to the research, conversations and work I have done to get to the purchase decision.

To have another watch immediately contradict all the steps I have taken to reach my decision is a blow to the ego, and thus a direct attack.

Or so it would be, naturally.

With so many watches coming it, an objective approach is necessary. One must be ready to leave this sense of emotional attachment and view it as a means of reviewing, catching and releasing and more so a friendly sport, like fishing.

These are troubled times, but also amazingly fascinating in terms of reps and where we are headed in the industry. Proud to be with so many wonderful folks helping each other improve and learn as well all move forward.

Can't wait for all the reviews!
9445a3133d2c99486b439b5ddfba7cb6.gif

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
There actually are many things updated these three carry the same updates as V2S no-date.

I just listed the V2 -> V2S upgrades on another thread there are actually several of these and they look a lot better. But they are hard to see at first glance on photos if you do not have two watches side by side which I have.

Later at evening once home I'll list them here as well.

No-date V2 -> V2S is a noticeable upgrade on several things.

Last edited:

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Talked to Li. This is a true V3 update. They have updated the crystal, rehaut, and added an ARF Bracelet. Watch looks fantastic to me. Absolute stunner compared to the trash ZF put out.

Note: Any orders now are technically pre-orders as the watch won’t be ready for QC or shipment until the end of September or early October. Regardless ZZF has proven to produce a quality watch in the past... these 3 updates have solidified this as a top (if not the top) contender in the fall Hulk releases.

Don’t forget, patience is key fellas. Still more to come from other factories...But ZZF sure knows how to bring sexy back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mariot

22/2/19
Talked to Li. This is a true V3 update. They have updated the crystal, rehaut, and added an ARF Bracelet. Watch looks fantastic to me. Absolute stunner compared to the trash ZF put out.

Note: Any orders now are technically pre-orders as the watch won’t be ready for QC or shipment until the end of September or early October. Regardless ZZF has proven to produce a quality watch in the past... these 3 updates have solidified this as a top (if not the top) contender in the fall Hulk releases.

Don’t forget, patience is key fellas. Still more to come from other factories...But ZZF sure knows how to bring sexy back.

bracelet or only glidelock?

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

whats the update on the rehaut and crystal then. Just more betterer?
its not actually available come on this is just a stalling tactic to stop people from buying the other new releases

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I love the feeling of having a new release in my hands straight away, but on this occasion I feel patience will be the key. I'm going to sit tight until I've seen pictures of this, the VSF and the ARF v4 in hand (and in daylight), but this definitely looks great. I've got a semi in fact.

JonasBuskas

Known Member
20/8/10
what a month! 5 new sub released or announced in the period. I hope at list one of those will enter on the so covoted super rep list!

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
whats the update on the rehaut and crystal then. Just more betterer?
its not actually available come on this is just a stalling tactic to stop people from buying the other new releases
It's a fair point. I'm seeing a LOT of the watches here on pre-order. Definitely a game of chess and attrition.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Same old zzf case... (spaced serialnumber, wrong cgs) what happened to the dw? ARF bracelet is very good and the crystal look better. LV have same new insert as ZF's LV. LN same as V2S versions(bad in lowlight :( ). Still a nice upgrade.

Last edited:

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
what a month! 5 new sub released or announced in the period. I hope at list one of those will enter on the so covoted super rep list!

I need a comparison table for all 5 new releases both LV/LN so to make it easier...maybe also adding other very recent good option like RXF

More knowledgeable members please correct any mistakes and add to other features/comments for each of these:
Factory / versionPrice (LV/LN)Movements / Features / Comments
RXF (LN)NA / $388A2824 (To be superseded by VSF)
Noob V11$518 / 518SA3135 - VR3135
ZZF V3$528 / $478VR3135
ZF$558 / $528VR3135
ARF V4TBD / TBDVR3135
VSFTBD / TBDVS3135

Last edited:

JonasBuskas

Known Member
20/8/10
I need a comparison table for all 5 new releases both LV/LN so to make it easier...maybe also adding other very recent good option like RXF

More knowledgeable members please correct any mistakes and add to other features/comments for each of these:
Factory / versionPrice (LV/LN)Movements / Features / Comments
RXF (LN)NA / $388A2824
Noob V11$518 / 518SA3135
ZZF V3$528 / $478VR3135
ZF$558 / $528VR3135
ARF V4TBD / TBDVR3135
VSFTBD / TBDVS3135

The vsf is the evolution of the rxf with the new vs3135.
so you can remove it from the list

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
VSF is the only one worth waiting for. As it was previously mentioned that ARF has only done minor upgrades which sadly means the width of the lugs have not changed.

The lugs are the most important flaw they needed to fix and chose not to. Sad

Reactions: NETGLW and Sdc83