• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

Silver Fox Mulder

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
Thats me in the corner..
I feel a bit let down that I just paid for a v2s but got wind of these new releases and asked to put my order on hold but was told zzf were not sure at the time, but that was barely a week ago.

Now there are pics of the new v3 which would have taken time to be photographed and put onto the site...

McPeace

13/9/20
Now this is great news, V3 is out. Real beauty, I am gonna pull the trigger on this one.

Plus the Noob Daytona Panda V4 will be released shortly - what a month :)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Andrew trusty time can get one for me, it’s not on his site but I have ordered through him, paid.. now waiting on QC!

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Andrew trusty time can get one for me, it’s not on his site but I have ordered through him, paid.. now waiting on QC!

Nice, congrats! Then you can bless us with a proper side-by-side with your gen. Thanks in advance

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
I see zero improvements beside the new clasp. This is exactly like the no date v2s. They have just adopted the v3 insert (which is inferior to the RXF one) on all the LNs now.To be honest I was expecting a true upgrade given the fact that ZZF was the only factory that showed to be seriously committed to improve. It’s true that they silently improved their watches over time but I see no reason to release a V3 with such marginal improvements. What happened according to me is that they were in a rush because of ZF release and given the fact that this will likely be the last 116610 it was not worth to take more time to develop a better one. Sad.

Reactions: Silver Fox Mulder

Rol.exe

17/8/20
New Zealand
I don't know who has the cash or the willingness to do this but it would be great to see a side by side comparison of the ZZF V3 and the new VSF when they are released. With a gen as control would be even better. Particularly, as we near the end of this generation, it would be nice to have a closing chapter crowning a king.

Over the past month, I've noticed fanboy comments usually based on what they have already purchased. i get it, no one wants their factory to be lagging behind but a good objective review by someone experienced would be a significant contribution to our body of knowledge. I do understand that even an objective review may be subjective.

A part of me is hoping it's VSF as I'm now invested in them, but another part of me yearns for the truth. No matter which factory wins, I think we can all agree that everyone purchasing any of these latest releases is still winning.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
In reality they list a new version and everyone on here just makes up what's been updated. The only thing mentioned is an arf clasp. Nothing else. If they had changed anything else im sure they would have mentioned it. And I'm not bagging zzf I just bought a v2s and its excellent I just think they just announced a v3 because they know peoples imaginations do the rest.

Rol.exe

17/8/20
New Zealand
Except Rolex ;)

They are still selling 100% of their subs. They run a very profitable business and have charity status and could afford to buy back the Paul Newman Daytona for sonething like US$17.5M including taxes at auction.

Imagine a situation where the current generation of rep makers pass their skills on to the next and they start making their own innovations and god forbid, better watches than big R themselves. It is possible that within our lifetimes, these factories may produce their own legit brands with stellar reputations. Even then, there will most likely still be a high demand for the genuine Rolex name

Reactions: masterpiece777

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
I don’t know what to do... waiting ARF V4 or pulling the trigger on this amazing watch that look perfect for me.

Reactions: sputim

CJS57

7/9/20
TD with quick delivery for ZZF 114060LN V3 no date?

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
I don’t know what to do... waiting ARF V4 or pulling the trigger on this amazing watch that look perfect for me.

If you're not in a hurry I would say wait for the V4, or just buy the ZZF now. But honestly I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Reactions: Hidenjoy

Kayatsu1

12/10/19

ARF has historically shown to be resistant to change. If you take their v1 and v3 of watches there is almost no difference in most cases. Angus previously mentioned that the ARF v4 will have minor upgrades on places where frankly upgrades were not needed (hands, bracelet). They will come up with their usual ultra white flat lume, wrong indices and fat case. In addition they will be surely focused on the 126610 as every factory. No convenience for them to upgrade this.
I would personally buy the new ZF. Their case is just better and probably dial is too.

Reactions: foozoo58

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Had a chat with Li, he's saying the crystal, rehaut and bracelet are upgraded. Would love to see some better photos

These are exactly the same improvement listed for the no date v2s. They should have called them v2s too.