• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF V3 Submariners up on Jtime

Subdued

20/11/19
Look, I am also entitled to my opinion an I am sharing it. My opinion is based off of pictures that Angus posted and his commentary of him holding the watch himself. The man has handled hundreds if not thousands of rolex reps and he has said ZF is the best rep.

When someone is unsure of which rep to get I will help them out and EXPRESS my opinion. It is a forum where people are allowed to share what they think. And what I thiught is that ZF is the best rep of 2020. but now that we know for a fact that ZZF is a fraud because they have been lying to us for the past couple years and taking our hard earned money, we now know we have a winner by default which is ZF

I am just curious. What is it about ZF that is a hard no for you? It cant be the sel gap because that is not noticable in real life and it is not a real flaw. SO what do you keep disagreeing?

ZF will never sell their watches the way they imagined it to be. Too much hype cost them a lot. :)

nsiedzac

9/9/20
UK
I don't think it's a question about reputation. You answered this yourself, it's unlikely these factories have a long term business plan being the nature of the industry, it's profits now....
erm.... I am sure Noob or JF or ARF would not agree with you. They certainly care very much about their reputation. Noob has been around for at least 10 years. you dont do that if you dont have a long term plan. Im just saying that may be ZZF went planing to be here for the long haul. May be they didnt plan on that either, but they certainly lasted that long because they did something right. of course their releases sometimes been 'one step forward-2 steps back', and if they REALLY cared they would do a perfect one now and not wait until v11 to improve things, but I think I trust them more than I trust zzf now.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
So what exactly has been updated , anything confirmed yet ?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I have to agree - some irony involved here... :laugh:

While it's obviously not great that factories are bullshiting on the material they use, in particular when it is done to justify a premium, I have to admit that it's quite funny to see retrospectively people who swore they could tell the difference between 316L and 904L just by the look of it, now that we know that most of it was 316L ;)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
The update is some people buy FAKE watch and then got angry because the FAKE watch factory, use a FAKE material, LOL,,,
well just ignore me, im just passing by,,,

So now you tell me those are fake watches as well and they just put Rolex logos on them?

What a scam.

Reactions: p0pperini

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
While it's obviously not great that factories are bullshiting on the material they use, in particular when it is done to justify a premium, I have to admit that it's quite funny to see retrospectively people who swore they could tell the difference between 316L and 904L just by the look of it, now that we know that most of it was 316L ;)
Quite honestly, might very well be that their supplier claimed to sell 904L and no one checked it. Besides, no idea if they even have the tools/lab to check it... :eek:hwell:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Quite honestly, might very well be that their supplier claimed to sell 904L and no one checked it. Besides, no idea if they even have the tools/lab to check it... :eek:hwell:

Indeed, this is ultimately on the factory and more so on the factory's supplier of case sets. Factories surely would buy from the lowest bidders who offer acceptable looking pieces and insisting on 904L is likely not a high priority. It may not even be part of the discussion.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Having worked with the China factories to obtain critical components for premium audio products, that must be made to a specific spec, you would not believe the number of times over the life span of a product that what was supplied is not to spec. That's the reason why we have a process to batch test at random intervals, a process we should not require but have to. Almost all suppliers falter at some point, even ones we have worked with for years.

Sadly, this may well be a case of the supplier who was initially providing 904L, switching back to 316 and just saying yep, its 904L, look it has a sticker on it to say so ;)

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Indeed, this is ultimately on the factory and more so on the factory's supplier of case sets. Factories surely would buy from the lowest bidders who offer acceptable looking pieces and insisting on 904L is likely not a high priority. It may not even be part of the discussion.

Exactly - I'm sure they don't operate like a Chinese high-tech company with a team of Six-Sigma Black Belts running around. Most likely quite the opposite. As these are illegal operations, they're probably happy to be served with whatever they can get on their channels. Might be difficult enough already... ;)

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK

This made me LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
They certainly care very much about their reputation. Noob has been around for at least 10 years. you dont do that if you dont have a long term plan.

You make a very common mistake, it's called survivor ship bias. In that same time, how many watch factories have come and gone? They'll keep making watches as long as it's profitable simple as. Do you think they drafted a 100 page business plan, with PwC in a boardroom at the start? Just because the guy has worked at the chip shop for 30 years did not mean he had a grand plan at the start. It's an illegal trade, they could be shut at ANY point. Not exactly conducive to a long term business plan no?

I highly doubt they'll release a public statement as some have suggested, they care a lot less about what the opinions of communities like this, than people think. If you want to make a statement vote with you wallet and move on. Making a fuss will change nothing.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
They made their millions and they'll keep on making them. This will be long forgotten in a month. Or sooner. They couldn't care less.

Reactions: KJ2020

DR Russell

Known Member
9/4/20
I know we are way off topic here, but most of you are right, these companies are getting "better" because competition is bringing it, some have been doing it a long time and know what sales projections will look like. But again, we are on the other end were we want the product. when you think about it, we rely on them to get our beloved pieces because we cannot manufacture them ourselves. Take it or leave it.

dainternare

Horology Curious
22/11/12
Li just confirmed some test made by himself on the v3 bracelet... he reported full 904l steel .

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Li wrote me back. They did a test of their own on the bracelet and clasp of a new batch of V3. Both results was 904l. He sent me pics. Nothing on the case.

again I don’t really care that much, and I did put an order in for a V3 hulk and a vsf hulk

Last edited: