• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF New 116610LN Submariner 3135 V2 Releasing!

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Beautiful piece. No regrets.
ec7cbf230cf11920d5906546bcae47b6.jpg
2fa6767a2f8e9f5cac8fb147517be8b4.jpg
37a6e0db3445e074e5226b33bbbacde6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
botsyboy any ideas if the zzf v2’s can take a Gen Bezel assembly without any modifications? (Gen Retaining ring+Gen Bezel+Gen Hytrel)

It’s built to gen specs so I’m pretty sure it will accept it bud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
Thanks for the clarification mate, I'm not usually fan of Rolex but no date sub and D-Blue SD are on my "need to try it" list. :)

IrishMT-09

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/11/17
I have the zzf 1 with 3135 clone movement and it's really good keeps great time

GloStiX

Horology Curious
5/8/10
How is the date wheel alignment?
Any difference in datewheel font or alignment between 3135 and 2836?

That's been one of my major frustrations w/reps for many years, even a $50 Invicta can have better alignment than a $500 rep. Dead givewaway IMO

Rel

Horology Curious
20/2/20
Asia
Thanks again Li for another brilliant review with excellent pics!

(I'm going to go read your Blancpain Fifty Fathoms review now.)

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
OsG8s.jpg

It really is the best out of the box sub yet, at least for me. The more I wear it the more I like it :D

Both of these pics I don’t know if it’s just the pics but the SELs look almost flat with the case. ARF has these nice and recessed like the gen. And it’s definitely something you see from the aesthetics when you look at it.

See this pic:

watch-club-rolex-submariner-date-5-year-warranty-ref-116610ln-year-2018-2.jpg

Manager

R O L E X
6/5/17
Germany
The SELs are definitely not completely flush, it's probably the angle. But I agree, the SELs on the ZZF are not the best. On one side the SELs are slightly more recessed than on the other side, one of the few flaws of my ZZF but I can live with that. Maybe you could fix that with installing an ARF bracelet... Oh well, every rep has its pros and cons. The ZZF shines at the dial, hands and the insert while ARF has the better bezel teeth and SELs. Maybe ZZF will fix it with the V3. For now I'm happy with my purchase

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Yes both can be considered super reps I think but the thing with subs is they are dissected here to such an detail that you cannot get away with anything. Being a member here I’m now paranoid that someone on the street will come to inspect my subs hour marker corners with a loupe and I’m busted instantly.

I have the ARF v3 and would really like to get the latest greatest ZZF as well to compare. Might put that one on my list for things to get.

Reactions: Valdon Sadiki

Manager

R O L E X
6/5/17
Germany
That's why I really like this forum, you learn so much about watches and I notice myself staring at other people watches and contemplating about whether they're fake or not.
99% of the people don't care about the watch you're wearing, if you don't have the gen next to you only watch enthusiasts like us could probably tell the difference and even then it's hard to tell if you don't have the knowledge... Besides, it's all about your overall appearance and style anyway. If you drive a Fiat Panda and wear a Rolex Sub for example nobody would believe it's gen anyway haha

I can only recommend the ZZF, you should definitely put it on your list. The movement is also pretty good from what I have read, definitely more reliable than the SA3135 Noob uses. My VR3135 keeps good time, gains around +5 seconds a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalev007

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
That's why I really like this forum, you learn so much about watches and I notice myself staring at other people watches and contemplating about whether they're fake or not.
99% of the people don't care about the watch you're wearing, if you don't have the gen next to you only watch enthusiasts like us could probably tell the difference and even then it's hard to tell if you don't have the knowledge... Besides, it's all about your overall appearance and style anyway. If you drive a Fiat Panda and wear a Rolex Sub for example nobody would believe it's gen anyway haha

I can only recommend the ZZF, you should definitely put it on your list. The movement is also pretty good from what I have read, definitely more reliable than the SA3135 Noob uses. My VR3135 keeps good time, gains around +5 seconds a day.

I have the noob v10 and it is excellent. I changed the clasp for an arf but apart from that its top draw. I have had no issues with the movement it runs 2sec over if worn. I not sure the concerns with movement reliability are justified anymore.

Reactions: saga