• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Everything on point mr.A

Especially the blue dial is mesmerizing, the different shades of blue it changes depending the light its just beautiful. Well... AP workmanship here, so it is as expected...

Upgrade your zf-apsf with gen dial is something tottaly worthy if you love wearing this watch
I think that and have the whole watch polished and worked on to get that finish on the ss

Reactions: j21

Kettle1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
I need to get my old hobby back: fast cars...

I thought that cars were expensive! Turns out, a car you only buy every 5 or so years.

With watches, you think about the next one after leaving the showroom or hitting the order button. Also, nobody told me that you can also mod watches, and that it's just as expensive as modding a BMW. 

Thank God for high-end replicas, because that's the fantastic advantage: You can't have a replica Ferrari. Well, you can. But the best ones available are the equivalent of a $30 Dhgate shitter. 

Good luck with your AP mod. Post plenty of images once you have it back and keep us updated on the progress itself as well!

you have no idea ... I genuinely remember sitting with friends for hours dreaming of a ferrari diabolo body kit on a Toyota MR2 chassis lool ... I think that a ferrari clone engine [4302] in a almost identical zf3 15500 modded by the legend, will definelty Trump any boyhood dreams of a ferrari with miyota engine... reliable but shite like a Toyota 2 litre ... they actually rhyme don't they 

Kettle1

Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
will post plenty of pictures. this will be epic mod , I have added a few gen parts to the movement for extra impact. you guys will love it . I personally cannot wait

Reactions: Autobús

Kettle1

Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
Train bridge and barrel bridge I assume? Cant wait for some photos.

Yeah thats correct. I will share all good sir , as I would of liked to have seen this on the thread myself if only anyone seemed slightest bit bothered as me and you are about a these shappy to contribute!! 

Plasticb

Horology Curious
Supporter
Certified
28/2/23
Europe
Has anyone also been waiting for more than 3 months for a grey dial? It seems ZF hasn't produced any since first batch

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
20230322-125241-2.jpg

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
How is compared to gen (out of 10) ?
I think the problem with rating it with from 0 to 10 is that everyone has a very subjective opinion, based on different expectations.

Legend, who is an AP expert and has owned and handled countless gens, may have a totally different rating from mine, as someone who has never owned or handled a gen and isn’t a even particular fan of the brand.

Guy A) says 4/10, guy B) says 7/10, guy C) says 2/10 and guy D) says 10/10. Doesn't really say much in the end, right?

But since you posted right under my post, I'll pretend I was addressed and will give you my (potentially unsolicited 😆) rating:

Deal Number GIF by Postcode Loterij
/10

Reactions: Victorparis92

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
Just received a ZF 15500 and it looks amazing however I think I need an extra link. Anyone have one to sell?

Yankee

6/9/16
Maybe I was unlucky but mine broke. Some of the internal parts of the movement broke. I had issues with it keeping power reserve when I first received it. I paid ~$400 for my watchsmith to fully fix and upgrade the mechanism. Just got it back and it’s working great. Didn’t want to deal with sending it back and forth to China for ‘warranty’.

3yxwL1.jpg

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I paid ~$400 for my watchsmith to fully fix and upgrade the mechanism. Just got it back and it’s working great. Didn’t want to deal with sending it back and forth to China for ‘warranty’.
Smart move. 75% chance it may have ended up in "parcel nirvana" and never be seen again.

In that case, you'd have been out of $500+ and with no watch.

Now you're out of $400, but at least have a perfectly working watch now.

Reactions: Yankee