• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM Release Waiting Room

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17
I think the white ceramic looks great for a rep. It’s got flaws but so what? It looks like a great watch. I think ZF May be delayed also so I may buy one myself.

The don has spoken

Thank you

It is a great rep and I’ve been around forever like you and u know more than me no one will
Notice anything in public

Do my mods listed above. AR. Matte case. Etc

Gen strap would go a long way too. I have a good source. 500$ -700$.

Goodluck and update us

I shall Post pics when mine arrives in a month. Waiting for the RM011-03 RG to arrive after the crazy mods I did (dial work too)

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheDonSL

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The don has spoken

Thank you

It is a great rep and I’ve been around forever like you and u know more than me no one will
Notice anything in public

Do my mods listed above. AR. Matte case. Etc

Gen strap would go a long way too. I have a good source. 500$ -700$.

Goodluck and update us

I shall Post pics when mine arrives in a month. Waiting for the RM011-03 RG to arrive after the crazy mods I did (dial work too)

Cheers

appreciate your upcoming review! The first sneak peek was tempting and also promising.

I really like the look of the RM011 and due to your mods (2x AR) the dial pops even more! i don't know if a gen strap is worth the money and if it will fit the rep case properly because of the difference in height and angle of the screws to hold the strap... But anyway - your list is long and it seems to be a NWBIG at the very latest after your Mods ;)

Excited!

Funtimezz

18/1/16
appreciate your upcoming review! The first sneak peek was tempting and also promising.

I really like the look of the RM011 and due to your mods (2x AR) the dial pops even more! i don't know if a gen strap is worth the money and if it will fit the rep case properly because of the difference in height and angle of the screws to hold the strap... But anyway - your list is long and it seems to be a NWBIG at the very latest after your Mods ;)

Excited!

Second that, we all waiting for a review in the future my friend!

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17

Excited!

Thank you

Yes will do the review. Probably in 3 weeks when I receive it back from profsteve

I’m looking forward to the matte case

By the way. Gen RM is 50 x 40

Rep is 42.9 x 50

Pics below

So it is fatter/wider but length top to bottom is the same

Furthermore guys look at the shit quality of the Gen RM

It’s all marketing

All hype

Nothing is finished like a gold Rolex

I am the reason the price is high is not because of quality. The reason price is high is for a few reasons

1- Vanity. Richard mille himself is a vain guy
2-Rarity aspect
3-Make it more demanded
4-most improbably though is economies of scale. The more you produce of something and less it cost you.

That’s why I gold Rolex as soo decently priced

Look at this shit below

That’s what happens from sun hitting directly. I notice the same on gen and rep APs on the beZel

30efc005f3c76390677e86c38cafb6aa.jpg

149595d9d606912b2713123dd6976834.jpg

c9a16ca7dc76cb547bcef7dda12d18a1.jpg

e672cfca6afad886fc22dc0086afabed.jpg

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
30efc005f3c76390677e86c38cafb6aa.jpg

holy f*** What happened to the Titanium?
Just from sunlight? never seen this oxidation before... Is it Gold plated Ti and then oxidized?

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17
Not a bad rep in my opinion

e91161555ce8319dd2326707d1546236.jpeg

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17
Look at profsteves email

e45c9d0a32baa785846e07f51cc489a2.jpg

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Look at profsteves email

e45c9d0a32baa785846e07f51cc489a2.jpg

Are you done then? Did you read the title of this thread? From my latest reminding, it wasn't called the 'KVF Fanboy thread', or is it?

Reactions: Nikohublot

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17
Yes fanboy is done !

Thanks

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17
Didn’t mean to mess up your thread

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Didn’t mean to mess up your thread

It's okay. Just escalated after you posted like numerous posts about how good the KVF is. You've made your point, that YOU think it is good. Then YOU can get it and enjoy it. I envy you for that. I and many others will not because it literally just looks and feels like shit if you have ever seen or handled an original Richard Mille. That is MY opinion. A discussion about stuff is never wrong but it shouldn't go out of hand. You've made your said point like 5 posts ago but couldn't stop.

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17
holy f*** What happened to the Titanium?
Just from sunlight? never seen this oxidation before... Is it Gold plated Ti and then oxidized?

It’s not gold plated titanium.

It’s just a 150k piece of shit done with poor quality

Look man in the Watch game you have
A-quality
B-perception

Quality better than a gold or platinum rolex you will never find

Perception yes you will find

Here are more pics below. Even Patek same thing. I added a pic of a new one for reference

I shall make a new thread when I receive the RM11-03 and White ghost and Yellow Flash (all black new one with yellow ascents) after nodding

Cheers

63ddbac1834168179925db40d5de576c.jpg

66eea279cf194324db12f415a8f987c6.jpg

db9b7ab0317342a6ddb53016096e559e.jpg

92954281db32615926c07140090b2a38.jpg

staaay_schemin

23/3/18
Hey guys,

Looking to buy an RM011. The difference between the two watches below seems to be the color and the make of the case. Does anyone have experience with either and recommend one over the other? Also I'm looking to get a white strap (possibly Gen which is about $550)

[video]https://www.intime02.co/richard-mille/4395-rm011-ceramic-chronograph-kvf-1-1-best-edition-crystal-skeleton-dial-black-on-black-rubber-strap-a7750.html[/video]

[video]https://www.intime02.co/richard-mille/4781-rm011-carbon-case-chronograph-kvf-1-1-best-edition-ceramic-bezel-skeleton-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-a7750.html[/video]

Thank you!

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It’s not gold plated titanium.

It’s just a 150k piece of shit done with poor quality

Look man in the Watch game you have
A-quality
B-perception

Quality better than a gold or platinum rolex you will never find

Perception yes you will find

Here are more pics below. Even Patek same thing. I added a pic of a new one for reference

I shall make a new thread when I receive the RM11-03 and White ghost and Yellow Flash (all black new one with yellow ascents) after nodding

Cheers

Now I don't know about the RM Ti side of the case but on the Pateks what you see is tarnish. Can easily be buffed away and will look brand new again. That is a thing that happens with time to any watch. Even Rolex.

Maybe on the RM it's the Ti tarnishing too, I am not sure on that.

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17
Now I don't know about the RM Ti side of the case but on the Pateks what you see is tarnish. Can easily be buffed away and will look brand new again. That is a thing that happens with time to any watch. Even Rolex.

Maybe on the RM it's the Ti tarnishing too, I am not sure on that.

It’s very bad man

The reason is simple. It’s from the sun hitting directly and humidity

The problem with brushing instead of polishing (shiny) is that brushing always wears out faster and shows marks more

I’ve noticed it happens to all of the bezels of the AP offshores

I haven’t seen it on rolex to be honest

But on the RM it’s ridiculous to pay that kind of money and have that happen to your Watch

Just look up any used RMs and you’ll see they almost all have this issue

Cheers

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It’s very bad man

The reason is simple. It’s from the sun hitting directly and humidity

The problem with brushing instead of polishing (shiny) is that brushing always wears out faster and shows marks more

I’ve noticed it happens to all of the bezels of the AP offshores

I haven’t seen it on rolex to be honest

But on the RM it’s ridiculous to pay that kind of money and have that happen to your Watch

Just look up any used RMs and you’ll see they almost all have this issue

Cheers

I’m pretty certain, it’s only tarnish on the RM then too. I will attach a pictorial example of a Rolex with the same tarnish issue. Every watch has that. Some that don’t, are made out of special materials such as ceramic, carbon or sapphire. Anything ‘regular’ like steel, gold or platinum etc. will be able to tarnish and look differently with time and use. Either way, that is nothing that can not be fixed. I’m sure the same rules apply to the RM that you showed here.

Although, I have to agree with you. It looks disgusting and shouldn’t happen, but what can they do. They can’t change the characteristics of a material.

c01e97285e1028bf03ffa0a248e8a8c1.jpg

Reactions: antotony0203

RM#1

Known Member
16/12/17
Bro that rolex is 100 years old

No wonder the gold holds up , they own their own foundry

The RM is not tarnish. When sub and humidity hit it that happens. And the Patek too. It’s not tarnish. I’ve handled them both in real life.

Brushed watches have that effect unfortunately

I’m telling u it happens to all watches that are brushed. Hence why rolex polish/shiny. Rolex does Everything for a reason.

Anyway let’s get back to the RM that will never be released

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth

The RM is not tarnish. When sub and humidity hit it that happens. And the Patek too. It’s not tarnish. I’ve handled them both in real life.

I’m telling u it happens to all watches that are brushed. Hence why rolex polish/shiny. Rolex does Everything for a reason.

I really have to say I very much share your enthusiasm about this latest KVF release, I'm sitting here going back to check out all the videos and pictures of this white ceramic rm011 release just drooling over and over again, I can not wait for the TDs to get their hands on this, and I hope the ZF release is even better because I know I will buy them all, just keep bringing GOOD RM reps to the people, damnit! Also could you tell a bit more about gen gold rolexes having better finish than their gen steel counterparts? I've heard different how they have the same finish but that the material is just the difference.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tarnish

you’re at a point now where you do not make any sense at all.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Also could you tell a bit more about gen gold rolexes having better finish than their gen steel counterparts? I've heard different how they have the same finish but that the material is just the difference.

He can’t, he’s just chatting shit