• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Just back from the watchmakers. It past the WR test with flying colours.

JhSIa.jpg

Jhgig.jpg

braveanthony

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/18
That is beautiful. What would be the realistic expectation of gold plating in terms of longevity? Heard some manufacturers are better than the others. What about ZF?

Reactions: vcappp
G

That is beautiful. What would be the realistic expectation of gold plating in terms of longevity? Heard some manufacturers are better than the others. What about ZF?

I've got a BP v1 Patek 5711 yellow gold that I essentially have used as a daily beater for nearly 4 years now. Absolutely no signs of wear whatsoever, looks spanking new. I did have a JF 15400 in Rose Gold that I wore maybe once every 3 weeks, the fade on the crown was very noticeable after only having it for 4 months. I just sold an IWC Rose Gold from ZF and it looks practically brand new.

Always expect some wear with YG / RG. However preventative measures such as wiping down after wearing (from sweat accumulating), winding with a tissue / cloth (the abrasion from your thumb / index finger makes the crown wear quicker), etc will always help with longevity

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I've got a BP v1 Patek 5711 yellow gold that I essentially have used as a daily beater for nearly 4 years now. Absolutely no signs of wear whatsoever, looks spanking new. I did have a JF 15400 in Rose Gold that I wore maybe once every 3 weeks, the fade on the crown was very noticeable after only having it for 4 months. I just sold an IWC Rose Gold from ZF and it looks practically brand new.

Always expect some wear with YG / RG. However preventative measures such as wiping down after wearing (from sweat accumulating), winding with a tissue / cloth (the abrasion from your thumb / index finger makes the crown wear quicker), etc will always help with longevity

I have just ordered my 3rd crown for my JF 15400 TT :( I have a lot of Gold rep models but this is the only one that is giving problems.

G

I have just ordered my 3rd crown for my JF 15400 TT :( I have a lot of Gold rep models but this is the only one that is giving problems.

Damn, I feel you're pain. I don't think I would ever consider a JF Gold version again because of this reason. Which is a shame because I actually really want the Two Tone JF 15400 with White dial. I had a TF version that was damn near perfect except for the screw size on the bezel. Literally no fade whatsoever after 2 years. JF are notorious for their fading crowns on their gold versions :(

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Damn, I feel you're pain. I don't think I would ever consider a JF Gold version again because of this reason. Which is a shame because I actually really want the Two Tone JF 15400 with White dial. I had a TF version that was damn near perfect except for the screw size on the bezel. Literally no fade whatsoever after 2 years. JF are notorious for their fading crowns on their gold versions :(

It is such a shame as the watch is an absolute stunner especially with the white dial. It is also a pity that TF do not do them anymore.

G

It is such a shame as the watch is an absolute stunner especially with the white dial. It is also a pity that TF do not do them anymore.

Agreed, easily one of my favourite 15400's ever. Full gold is hard to pull off so the TT is perfect in that sense.

I only sold mine a few months ago on the M2M here, happy to put you in contact with the chap I sold it to (a fellow Londoner IIRC)? You may be able to prize it out of his hands? Also has a Prof xtal installed so the dial looks even better.

Here's the exact watch (apologies JLC fans for spamming the thread with an AP!!)

​​​​​​
JjXrA.jpg

G

Absolutely beautiful. Did you change the strap? I changed mine, and it made a world of difference.

I did indeed. The rep strap is absolutely hideous, it was Jekyll and Hyde when first looking at it. This is a gen JLC strap (albeit a 22/18mm one, not 21/18mm) that I got from eBay.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I did indeed. The rep strap is absolutely hideous, it was Jekyll and Hyde when first looking at it. This is a gen JLC strap (albeit a 22/18mm one, not 21/18mm) that I got from eBay.

Absolutely beautiful. It really takes it to that next level. Wear it in good health.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I recently dropped an order from Ziczac, I'll send you pics when I receive it. I still have to receive the watch, too. Lol

110/70cm for a 6.5/6.7 inches wrist.

joelj

31/8/11
Where does one find a nice strap for curved lugs.

@thechicco That brown stap is great. Where did that come from?
@KJ2020 Where did you find that blue strap?
@Xander22 Also

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

samkad

21/7/16
I recently dropped an order from Ziczac, I'll send you pics when I receive it. I still have to receive the watch, too. Lol

110/70cm for a 6.5/6.7 inches wrist.

Pls post a pic know when you receive it :)

m.rad

30/7/18
Guys

Is the black rep strap really that bad? I've been looking at pics of gen and rep straps on the internet and tbh I can't see much difference. The gen strap is not really glossy and not very much textured at all. (btw i'm not referring to the original rep vs gen strap pics - that strap is definitely off, but the newer ones look very close to gen to me).

Can someone experienced help me understand the difference? Can you really tell genuine croc vs decent calf croco just by looking at it?

Thanks!

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Want to know the quality of RG color on this JLC MUT moonphase.
Does anyone have experience on RG color?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Guys

Is the black rep strap really that bad? I've been looking at pics of gen and rep straps on the internet and tbh I can't see much difference. The gen strap is not really glossy and not very much textured at all. (btw i'm not referring to the original rep vs gen strap pics - that strap is definitely off, but the newer ones look very close to gen to me).

Can someone experienced help me understand the difference? Can you really tell genuine croc vs decent calf croco just by looking at it?

Thanks!

Its not that bad, you can wear it its ok...but its cheap and bit like „paper“ ^^ like cheap plastic shoes for 9,99$ and good quality leather Shoes for 99,90$

Its worth buying a better croco strap :)

Reactions: KJ2020 and vcappp