• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF just get the Slate Gray Black Bay Bronze

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
Beautiful, I like to buy this one. I checked with my usual dealer puretime, but they don't have it. Where did you get it from?

I don't own one but I'm surprised that Puretime can't source it :eek:

You may want to check with another TD just incase Puretime are confused. Alternatively you could get the XF version, or the blue or brown version.

RollieHunter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/19

Saw an XF at my local dealer....triangle marker seems to have this flaw. is this normal?

RollieHunter

3/5/19
Just pulled the trigger on the XF at my local dealer for RM1800 (USD 430). Slightly more expensive than TDs but i guess the price is fair since I can see and feel the watch on the spot.
Turns out The pic i posted above had a reflection off the triangle marker hence it looked weird.
Anyway, any tips on how to oil the Miyoto rotor? the noise really bothers me.
Would this be an easy tell that its a Rep?

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
I think its a ZF according to the dial and it looks way better than XF

Its an XF. The leather strap looks grayish. Plus the Tudor shield logo does not look like a ZF.. and the bezel has a noticeable gap.

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Just pulled the trigger on the XF at my local dealer for RM1800 (USD 430). Slightly more expensive than TDs but i guess the price is fair since I can see and feel the watch on the spot.
Turns out The pic i posted above had a reflection off the triangle marker hence it looked weird.

The noise is actually from the Rotor wheel grinding on the decorated plate. It is wobbly by default and nothing u can do about it unless you are willing to do some serious work on it like someone did earlier.

Last edited:

pak

Horology Curious
21/1/19
I just got my ZF QC pics and the finish seems more pitted and grainy compared to the XFs seen on here.

Reactions: Ealocin

Ealocin

16/8/12
Wow, it does look grainy... is it actually bronze? Or it is a coating?

Ealocin

16/8/12

you have a local dealer that sells Reps!?! Must be nice

joshslo86

Horology Curious
7/12/16
Deeply brushed surfaces can patina this way, but I agree it looks like dirt now. If anything, you should be able to clean it with some lemon juice.
I'd be more worried about the dial print being so flat, unless you are aware and accept it.

pak

Horology Curious
21/1/19
I didn’t even notice the dial print and appreciate the insight. Hopefully it’s just the angle.

Reactions: Ealocin

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Jus the patina which is natural. These reps are kept in factory conditions unlike Gen..

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Hey everyone, not to revive an older thread (but kinda sorta). Is there anyone that has been able to compare the ZF and XF dials to determine which is closer to gen? I had the original XF BBB and loved it EXCEPT for the flat dial print compared to gen. Sold it a couple years back and getting the BBB itch again. Hoping both factories have improved their dial prints but seems ZF may be superior?

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I was about to order the ZF from my TD but noticed while comparing pictures on other TD sites that there is now an XF V3 available.

Does anyone know what improvements were made with the V3?

The dial print still looks to be more flat than the ZF but the color seems a little better. IMO, the dial color / gradient is hard to judge due to the various lighting conditions of the pictures.