• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava Officer’s Caseback 5227

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Got mine in the mail today and its beautiful except I got the RG version instead of the YG like I wanted. I thought it was just the lighting in the QC pics that made it look that way. If anyone wants to trade their YG for my RG, let me know because I already owned the 5296G in RG and really wanted this 5227 in YG.

Sorry to hear that mate. Not to make it more bitter for you but the YG is very rare. Not so plausible.

If you have no use of it maybe you should put it up on M2M. It’s pretty nice in RG though.

If I were you I would go for a more daring strap combo for it. I guess you have the dark brown with your 5296R.

Maybe try a A Collected Man nubuck Istanbul or a Camille Fournet raspberry or shiny hazelnut brown (it’s a little lighter brown).

It will make it a whole other watch.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Are these still available?! Ordered mine over a month already and nothin’

Reactions: cap923

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Maybe if you add some oil to it, it will fix.

True. Mine used to sound like helicopter wings whenever i moved my wrists. Got it silenced (oiled) by modder, now they are whisper quite.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
received mine today - but: how firm is the backplate normally? mine opens automatically when i just hold it at the strap, its not locked or anything?

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Just noticed on my gen that it does a bit of a slow date flip when approaching midnight. Kinda like a miyota but not as early as a miyota.

It looks stunning buddy. Congrats :)
I hope you don't mind me asking. I'm a bit curious. How come you bought this in gen? I mean there is a really good rep of it and generally calatravas fall a lot in value. Personally i only want to buy gens, that can't be repped or gens that can keep their value (or rise).

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
It should be firm and not open automatically. It has a dent which should keep it in place.

hi, could you please point out where this dent is? i dont know, the first time i opened the caseback i had the feeling it was firm, but the second time...well. maybe i can fix it, when i know where the dent is....

VLXtmd.jpg

Last edited:

Tin

29/4/17
It looks stunning buddy. Congrats :)
I hope you don't mind me asking. I'm a bit curious. How come you bought this in gen? I mean there is a really good rep of it and generally calatravas fall a lot in value. Personally i only want to buy gens, that can't be repped or gens that can keep their value (or rise).

I bought 2 calatravas to get on the waitlist for the Aquanaut lol. One for my wife and one for myself so we will be keeping the 2 calatravas for ourselves as a momento. It is very beautiful indeed!

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I bought 2 calatravas to get on the waitlist for the Aquanaut lol. One for my wife and one for myself so we will be keeping the 2 calatravas for ourselves as a momento. It is very beautiful indeed!

I thought so mate, that it must be to build a relation to your AD :)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
hi, could you please point out where this dent is? i dont know, the first time i opened the caseback i had the feeling it was firm, but the second time...well. maybe i can fix it, when i know where the dent is....

VLXtmd.jpg

If you look at the crown side, there is a lip. Looking on your picture. It goes into the indentation on the hinged caseback.

Reactions: tmp2018

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
One of my favourite releases:
bf58045ee202d33d6c6fde83ab29c538.plist

Can’t decide which I prefer (if I were to have only 1 dress watch:
64c18c8a08a2438a379159b937d887f0.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
One of my favourite releases:
bf58045ee202d33d6c6fde83ab29c538.plist

Can’t decide which I prefer (if I were to have only 1 dress watch:
64c18c8a08a2438a379159b937d887f0.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the PP is stunning.
which version is it? 5227 i gues, but which manufacturer? care to send me the intime link via pm? would greatly appreciate it

kind regards

SKnight

8/7/19
Hi group,

Hope everyone is well.

I've just placed an order for the ZF 5227r, and I'm interested in getting a rose gold calatrava cross buckle for it.

I've seen a few pictures where ppl I've done that.

Can I get some feedback on the quality of this buckle and if its WORTH IT. Also do the TD's have it?

Thanks in advance and stay safe.

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Sorry for reviving this old thread but it should still stay relevant! These Calatravas are classy and well repped.

Had a good read of both threads on ZF 5296 and then this 5227(many thanks to the Godfathar for the review).
Decided to go for the 5227G as I love the scallop lugs and officer’s case back. Just ordered one from a TD and now awaiting for it to arrive, can’t wait!

However I am really worried about the rep strap. To those who chose to stay with the rep strap, how is it holding up so far?

I was going to order a CF alligator strap just in case but too bad they don’t ship to Australia :(

If anyone is willing to sell their CF or Gen patek strap for 5227G please let me know.

SKnight

8/7/19
These calatravas are amazing! Ive had mine, the 5227R, or a little while now and I love it.
I went to get one of my watches serviced and the watchsmith asked to look at it after examining it he said he had clients who'd be willing to up to a 1K for it.
Additionally I had a chance to look at and try on the gen, and honestly it amazing how close the ZF is.

AhHuat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/20
I just got one from ZF too. Looks 99%alike,only very slightly thicker ,9015 movement obvious a pro can tell the turning spring is at the wrong side but lucky got the casing . Only thing I can't stand is the rotor noise and it spins really too much until it felt like a cheap toy .a flick of my hand the rotor will spin and spin .

Can I seek advice if anyone knows any watch shop in Singapore that can reduce the noise and slow down the rotor spinning ? Deeply appreciate before I chuck this aside as a display item forever

Thanks guys

Tin

29/4/17
I just got one from ZF too. Looks 99%alike,only very slightly thicker ,9015 movement obvious a pro can tell the turning spring is at the wrong side but lucky got the casing . Only thing I can't stand is the rotor noise and it spins really too much until it felt like a cheap toy .a flick of my hand the rotor will spin and spin .

Can I seek advice if anyone knows any watch shop in Singapore that can reduce the noise and slow down the rotor spinning ? Deeply appreciate before I chuck this aside as a display item forever

Thanks guys

FYI my gen 5227R spins very loudly too. But if you want to get the rotor silenced you can look for Legend or Aflop. Their work is top notch.