• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Calatrava is out

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
I try to convince my self noway, ican customize 99% Gen like strap by sending Rep to strap maker in Bangkok
df093b648965069a0bab8c9a0d9139e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in Bangkok now, can you pm me where can i find that strap maker sir?

watchyouwatchmywatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
18/1/19
Hello All! I have been lurking on these forums for quite some time and this watch has made me finally make an account in order to purchase from a TD. I just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that I greatly appreciate the time you all take in posting reviews and wrist shots. I will post pics once watch is received.

Reactions: Nivka

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I totally agree regarding the strap.. it's considered shiny and a good quality when compared to the junk that came on reference 5227. I'm gonna use the rep strap for the first time ever. I think on the wrist it Looks great

I thought you kidding rep fake leather crocodile strap great !
97e20a938f5a81437d57499c19b41cd9.jpg

Gen

Reactions: vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Ok now the Gen thick 9.24 the Rep 9.5 ?
That’s mean not big Difference

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Anyway Iwill skip it iwish ZF working on new v2 slim movement even V6F get 3:3 still ZF rich boy own more than 2 or 3 Gen Sample Iwill Wait , I heard ZF Olso working on nautilus it’s mean sure the have Gen ...

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Nice watch. Anyone knows whether the color of RG version will fade off in several months?

strange first post after 5 years of membership - but no it won't fade off after a few month as the electroplating is much better these days compared to the cheap fake gold watches from 10 years ago that were about to turn your arm green...

ZF is high end in the rep game - unless you scratch the plated parts you won't be able to see the steel.

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18
Godfather thanks for introducing me to this beautiful watch. Been emailing TD since morning :)

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Anyway Iwill skip it iwish ZF working on new v2 slim movement even V6F get 3:3 still ZF rich boy own more than 2 or 3 Gen Sample Iwill Wait , I heard ZF Olso working on nautilus it’s mean sure the have Gen ...

Honestly, I wouldn't skip it. You won't find a better rep right now, and we will be lucky to in the future. Beautiful watch through and through, and a must-have for any dressy Patek fan.

Where did you hear ZF was working on the Nautilus?! A dream if true. I heard they weren't going to because they are friends with MKF and didn't want to compete with them. However, I really want a Nautilus from ZF given their track record recently.

Reactions: drmckenn and vcappp

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Honestly, I wouldn't skip it. You won't find a better rep right now, and we will be lucky to in the future. Beautiful watch through and through, and a must-have for any dressy Patek fan.

Where did you hear ZF was working on the Nautilus?! A dream if true. I heard they weren't going to because they are friends with MKF and didn't want to compete with them. However, I really want a Nautilus from ZF given their track record recently.

MKF make an aquanaut rep and that didn’t stop ZF... Let’s hope they make a 5711, this Calatrava is seriously impressive!

BIONONE

28/4/17

they won't release a 5711 as far as i know because of the reasons you already mentioned.

Doud - don't mix KMF and MKF - they are different makers.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
they won't release a 5711 as far as i know because of the reasons you already mentioned.

Doud - don't mix KMF and MKF - they are different makers.

Do you know anyone who has direct access to ZF? It seems like Angus and Kobe get their ZF news 'pushed out' to them as opposed to a direct communication. It would be nice to find someone and have them relay the question one more time to be certain. I would be fine with an MKF/ZF collaboration. MKF makes a killer blue dial, and ZF can help with the date font/movement. Everyone wins.

Right now the MKF release is poor. Poorly engraved movement, bad date font, bad lume color.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Do you know anyone who has direct access to ZF? It seems like Angus and Kobe get their ZF news 'pushed out' to them as opposed to a direct communication. It would be nice to find someone and have them relay the question one more time to be certain. I would be fine with an MKF/ZF collaboration. MKF makes a killer blue dial, and ZF can help with the date font/movement. Everyone wins.

Right now the MKF release is poor. Poorly engraved movement, bad date font, bad lume color.

reppists is the best source for information IMO.

don't know his relationship to ZF though...

I think chinese factories don't think this way of collaborating and gaining profit from it... Doing it on their own seems to be a common strategy - just look up the variations of makers that could work together while they are friends but keep pushing crappy stuff out... (OMF and JF for example - even if they are friends and needed a permission from JF to make the ROC - OMF ruined their 15400... no collab in sight hehe)

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Guess what has arrived today??

20190124_110949-01.jpg

New shoes from Camille Fournet!! :clap:

20190124_110957-01.jpg

20190124_111057-01.jpg

20190124_111113-01.jpg

Idk if I like the greenish strap or if I want to look away. It kinda looks really good but then it doesn’t :’D.