• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Thank you mate

Here the pics ;)

Hey - thanks for the close up. It's like all things though on macro it doesn't look quite as good. But lucky enough for us, we don't have macro eyes! On wrist it looks fantastic, off-wrist in pictures like that you can see the modification. The rough edge on the hour hand, where it joins the base of the hour hand, just shows you how hard a modification this is. So kudos to Legend, must take a while to do this. The negative is that you can tell it's performed by hand, but I see no other way it could possibly be done.

Overall it's a great modification and reduction in the size of the hand-stack which was quite comically oversized.

Either way, great work and I hope you enjoy your mod. Looks great overall! And about 100 times better than the original! I'm just personally hoping that ZF make a reduced hand-stack size version... I don't see why it's so hard for them to do it. But oh well... we live and wait!

Thanks again for the pictures!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The rough edge on the hour hand, where it joins the base of the hour hand, just shows you how hard a modification this is.
I have yet to see one that was done better than on the above picture. This kind of stuff is incredibly hard to do and I'm always happy to see people trying it themselves. :legend:

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hey - thanks for the close up. It's like all things though on macro it doesn't look quite as good. But lucky enough for us, we don't have macro eyes! On wrist it looks fantastic, off-wrist in pictures like that you can see the modification. The rough edge on the hour hand, where it joins the base of the hour hand, just shows you how hard a modification this is. So kudos to Legend, must take a while to do this. The negative is that you can tell it's performed by hand, but I see no other way it could possibly be done.

Overall it's a great modification and reduction in the size of the hand-stack which was quite comically oversized.

Either way, great work and I hope you enjoy your mod. Looks great overall! And about 100 times better than the original! I'm just personally hoping that ZF make a reduced hand-stack size version... I don't see why it's so hard for them to do it. But oh well... we live and wait!

Thanks again for the pictures!

These mods are done by hand and maybe you can try it yourself and send macro shots for my assessment, it is a lot easier to critique mods done based on macro shots, I will like to try that out as well.

The owners who ask for the mods mostly already know what it’s about. Hand modded parts can never be as finely detailed as manufactured one, I think we all get that. I’ll like to invite you to try your hand at it one day and see how well you can do it. I already know how well I can criticize so that’s half the equation solved. :hehehe:

NicDeMa7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
These are some photos from a little further away, but still very sharp.

I can guarantee you that on your wrist you would have difficulty seeing the writing on the dial, let alone see an edge of a hands (which in my opinion are very very well done).

If we looked at the dials of all the reps in macro we would not buy any.

I think the work done by legend is incredible, both on the hands and on the remaining parts of the watch.
I say this without any gain doing it.

upload image

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
These mods are done by hand and maybe you can try it yourself and send macro shots for my assessment, it is a lot easier to critique mods done based on macro shots, I will like to try that out as well.

The owners who ask for the mods mostly already know what it’s about. Hand modded parts can never be as finely detailed as manufactured one, I think we all get that. I’ll like to invite you to try your hand at it one day and see how well you can do it. I already know how well I can criticize so that’s half the equation solved. :hehehe:

I have yet to see one that was done better than on the above picture. This kind of stuff is incredibly hard to do and I'm always happy to see people trying it themselves. :legend:

Firstly, there's no need to be so defensive. My words were not an attack on you personally, nor on your work. They are mere words to reflect that the fact it is done by hand. I even paid tribute to how long it must have taken to do by hand. However, as you have both eluded to in your responses the work you have done is not perfect. Is perfection possible to achieve? Probably not. But I certainly don't think someone saying it looks rough on some edges should be taken as a negative. It is simply the reality of hand-made mods vs machined/cnc printed/stamped parts. That's not an attack, nor a personal insult. It's just stating a fact.

Secondly, I complimented the work, I stated this...

It's like all things though on macro it doesn't look quite as good. But lucky enough for us, we don't have macro eyes! On wrist it looks fantastic, off-wrist in pictures like that you can see the modification. The rough edge on the hour hand, where it joins the base of the hour hand, just shows you how hard a modification this is. So kudos to Legend, must take a while to do this. The negative is that you can tell it's performed by hand, but I see no other way it could possibly be done.

We don't have macro eyes, ie work is easy to critique in macro... Heck even Rolex do some shoddy work in macro and that's one of the biggest and "best" manufacturing processes in all the lands. Also, please don't read that as your work is shoddy legend it certainly is not and we all know that.

Please don't read into my words attacks that simply aren't there. The modification you have performed looks great.

Either way, great work and I hope you enjoy your mod. Looks great overall! And about 100 times better than the original!

And also... if I had done any of it, it would have come out looking like this :D ahaha

a-broken-cogwheel-keith-bass.jpg

Reactions: Lariram

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Firstly, there's no need to be so defensive. My words were not an attack on you personally, nor on your work. They are mere words to reflect that the fact it is done by hand. I even paid tribute to how long it must have taken to do by hand. However, as you have both eluded to in your responses the work you have done is not perfect. Is perfection possible to achieve? Probably not. But I certainly don't think someone saying it looks rough on some edges should be taken as a negative. It is simply the reality of hand-made mods vs machined/cnc printed/stamped parts. That's not an attack, nor a personal insult. It's just stating a fact.

Secondly, I complimented the work, I stated this...

We don't have macro eyes, ie work is easy to critique in macro... Heck even Rolex do some shoddy work in macro and that's one of the biggest and "best" manufacturing processes in all the lands. Also, please don't read that as your work is shoddy legend it certainly is not and we all know that.

Please don't read into my words attacks that simply aren't there. The modification you have performed looks great.

And also... if I had done any of it, it would have come out looking like this :D ahaha

J, its too late. See you at the "15202 pizza hand base mod showdown 2021" event, to be held live at a location yet to be determined.
The loser or forfeitee will have to buy 3 rounds of drinks.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Sonofalich they're just playin with you :legend:

rule #69 says "any picture posted is open to comment or criticism. if you cannot handle the comments then do not post".

I do agree with everyone. manually shaving the hand base will alway show rough edges. the artisans that hand finish for niche houses work on thicker materials that are heat treated. the heat treatment likely changes the molecular structure so filing does not rip away the edges?

​​​​​​​Everything posted is x50 macro. If you inspect the watch in person, you're unlikely to spot the hand base until someone points it out.

JimmyD750

Renowned Member
Certified
18/3/15
St. Louis, MO
I’ve been digging around posts on ROOs and trying to decide between the 15500, 15400, and the 15202 from ZF…reading this thread has made it exponentially harder, but I thank you for the write up!

squar3pants

Known Member
31/5/11
Instead of modding the hand. Can we swap hour hand from 15300/15450 into ZF15202 ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Booonin

2/9/18
Hey Guys,

Finally received my QC pics for 15202 - but i think some of the bolts are croocked.. am i only one seeing this? Should i ask for another watch?

Pictures:

jnnExn.jpg

jnnRW3.jpg

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Nothing worth redlighting over imo, you could get one much much worse. Date alignment is lovely etc... AP logo perfectly square. I wouldn't worry about it, it's very minor at best.

Booonin

2/9/18
Do you know guys if its possible to score a 2121 caliber? Couldn’t find anywhere in the internet