• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF AP 15500

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
yeah, if it was a blue dial one I would keep it instead :D the blue one will definitely find its way in my collection this year :)

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

C.gjinika

Known Member
10/2/19
Ordered for a friend, QC is already approved :) I think it is a great example :)
665ab1bc3cfab18d39b990753d610f72.jpg
a889517b933d9d7659d621d82784eb52.jpg
f46c9ccbc29416141a458674ffe9a24f.jpg
0bdad1bd546a2ad5945ea04cb110af7c.jpg

Gesendet von meinem COL-L29 mit Tapatalk

Hi mate, nice one but the screw s on the bezel does not look good, some are sunken and some are not. Or am i wrong

Sent from the RWI App

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Hublot1704 if your friend refuses the watch because of that screw, consider me first in line to take it off your/his hands :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha I would say because everything else is correct on this one it would be stupid to reject it :D maybe the screw on the caseback just needs to be tightened and then it is fixed, otherwise I don't think that it will be super visible on the wrist :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Totally flush, or just more flush than before?

Ok good question actually.

In the older generations ROOs and ROs, the screws can sometimes (but not always) be observed to be slightly sunken against the bezel surface. They were sometimes flush with the bezel surface. So they were NOT always sunken either.

In the modern ROOs and more recent ROs, the screws are mostly flushed with the bezel and I’ve barely seen even one sunken screw among the 10+ APs I own as well as the ones I’ve seen which belong to my fellow collectors.

Sunken screws aren’t a feature of AP watches for me and could be a matter of assembly variance rather than signature feature. If you search through pics on the internet you will be surprised also to see screws of varying heights on the same watch. Same goes for misaligned dates and crooked logos.
Guys here are far more picky on reps than the gen owners are in general. I find it ridiculous to superimpose grids on QC pics and reject a watch because something is imperceptibly off in alignment. Such members need to hand assemble their own watches instead of buying them from anywhere.

It’s a $500 watch which will look like a $500 watch even if everything is 100% micro-aligned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teaston

20/3/16
UK
Ok good question actually.

In the older generations ROOs and ROs, the screws can sometimes (but not always) be observed to be slightly sunken against the bezel surface. They were sometimes flush with the bezel surface. So they were NOT always sunken either.

In the modern ROOs and more recent ROs, the screws are mostly flushed with the bezel and I’ve barely seen even one sunken screw among the 10+ APs I own as well as the ones I’ve seen which belong to my fellow collectors.

Sunken screws aren’t a feature of AP watches for me and could be a matter of assembly variance rather than signature feature. If you search through pics on the internet you will be surprised also to see screws of varying heights on the same watch. Same goes for misaligned dates and crooked logos.
Guys here are far more picky on reps than the gen owners are in general. I find it ridiculous to superimpose grids on QC pics and reject a watch because something is imperceptibly off in alignment. Such members need to hand assemble their own watches instead of buying them from anywhere.

It’s a $500 watch which will look like a $500 watch even if everything is 100% micro-aligned.

Interesting, I guess it could make a difference on a ROO, but on a RO the screws are so tiny it is difficult to notice the screws are even sunken.

teaston

20/3/16
UK
So I just measured mine, I make it 10.67mm at thickest point which is xtal to xtal, case back to bezel is 10.35mm

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Interesting, I guess it could make a difference on a ROO, but on a RO the screws are so tiny it is difficult to notice the screws are even sunken.

Ok I mean if you’re spending time to mod an RO, then it makes sense to spend a little more additional time and effort to align and polish and sink the screws evenly as a “by the way” thing.
But to draw grid lines on QC pics is plain ridiculous and ignorant.